GPU prices are at their lowest in 15 months, could fall to ‘attractive’ level already in May

3060Ti might not drop below 43k or 44k.
3070 was supposed to sell for 55k so right now it is selling for 61k to 63k but it may come down further.
3070Ti is already selling for 67K which is a good price and hoping that it should be around 60k in a few months from now.

3080 could be under 70k and at that price it will be a good 4K card. Now these are all tentative prices and next gen GPU prices will be higher and so will be the prices of the CPU. Around Feb next year we should have good prices of all the GPU/CPU. FYI - 5950x is selling for 48k in Offline stores now.

What's your budget and requirement?

Lower end 30 series cards might not see a significant fall from here. Another 20-30%? Possibly. 50%? Unlikely.
Budget not more than 20k. It really depends on the card, obviously. I mean 1660 Ti was being sold for like 18-19k used in 2019. Imagine paying the same three years later.
Requirement is a card which could easily handle 1080p/1440p games at max/high settings for at least three years from now, while being power efficient. My current one is a 970 btw. :|

Budget not more than 20k. It really depends on the card, obviously. I mean 1660 Ti was being sold for like 18-19k used in 2019. Imagine paying the same three years later.
Requirement is a card which could easily handle 1080p/1440p games at max/high settings for at least three years from now, while being power efficient. My current one is a 970 btw. :|
1440p at high settings under 20k seems highly unlikely. I just got a 3060 for 40k and it can just about handle 1440p at high, that too when I play at 60 fps and with DLSS. Even if you were to go the used route, you'd have to get at least 3060Ti to have 1440p capabilities for another 3 years.

You might be able to get a used 2060, which will handle 1440p at medium settings or 1080p at high. If you're not in a hurry, then you can keep an eye on the used market. Maybe a 3060Ti will turn up for 25k in some time.

BTW, what's your screen size? For games, you don't need 1440p unless your screen is bigger than 32".

Edit: I should add though that I've played only for a week on my card and my gaming experience is not that much. I'm also using ray tracing, which affects the frame rates. So I might actually get much better performance if I turned off ray tracing. I'll try that and see how much it affects the visuals. Which is to say that RTX3060 might actually be decent for 1440p. Please look up youtube videos and take my comments with a pinch of salt.

Last edited:
1440p at high settings under 20k seems highly unlikely. I just got a 3060 for 40k and it can just about handle 1440p at high, that too when I play at 60 fps and with DLSS. Even if you were to go the used route, you'd have to get at least 3060Ti to have 1440p capabilities for another 3 years.

You might be able to get a used 2060, which will handle 1440p at medium settings or 1080p at high. If you're not in a hurry, then you can keep an eye on the used market. Maybe a 3060Ti will turn up for 25k in some time.

BTW, what's your screen size? For games, you don't need 1440p unless your screen is bigger than 32".

Edit: I should add though that I've played only for a week on my card and my gaming experience is not that much. I'm also using ray tracing, which affects the frame rates. So I might actually get much better performance if I turned off ray tracing. I'll try that and see how much it affects the visuals. Which is to say that RTX3060 might actually be decent for 1440p. Please look up youtube videos and take my comments with a pinch of salt.
Mine is a 24 incher 1920x1200 monitor. But I do plan to upgrade to 1440p 27 incher soon. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, it makes sense. I meant 20k budget for used only.

Everyone.

yo. Wait what? 3060ti right now 39-40k.
27-32” is the best for 1440p. 1080p is best on24” but feels pixelated on 27” at a low distance from the display.
Where can I find used 3080s and what is the right price for them? I don't need premium models like Strix, Vulcan etc.
Where are you based? Ping if in delhi/ncr

Well, personal preferences matter of course. In my opinion, 2k below 32" is just not worth it for gaming and video. The difference is barely noticeable. Maybe I just sit a bit farther from the display than others.

I play on my TV (50") at about 8.5' distance. So I play at 1440p.
yo. Wait what? 3060ti right now 39-40k.
I got 3060, not Ti. Ti is closer to 50k.

6900XT Asus AIO sold at 59k on MD computers , it was a flash discount sale.
This card is only good at raw performance. As it is always been with AMD cards. Until and unless AMD fixes the performance on other places like Adobe, blender etc. They are not gonna be bought more by consumers.

Last edited:
crash of crypto is causing tonnes of used and new GPU's to pile up, not to mention the upcoming releases from nvidia and AMD - prices are expected to go down even further

As of now prices are stable after initial crash and so are the prices of used gpu. I guess no further crash wud be there of gpu prices for new as well as used untill mid and low tier gpu are released by nvidia which will be either in December or jan next year.

Back