Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

well i invest to play at ultra :) and yes games allocate more and forza horizon 5 kept warning of low memory when maxing at 1080p on 3060ti to the point the game started artifacting after 20-30mins of gameplay on 3060ti and rx6600 with 10-12gb it ran fine upto 4k maxed...when looking for a new card its always good to understand where tech is headed before investing.
Was your game on hdd or ssd as mine was on hdd and when i moved it to ssd it ran butter smooth and i'm using 2070 super for that.

My 5700XT is doing fine in all those games at 1080p Ultra, including Hogwarts Legacy. But yes, days are certainly numbered!
Good to know. Thought it was going to be much worse than 3060Ti. And oh no RT for me.
This "optimization" thing is honestly unpredictable. It's crazy.

Yea for me it was use a GPU for 5 years and also look at how much money i will end up paying in bills at month end. The money u end up saving in the long run turns out to be around the amount u save immediately plus lesser heat well that was my thinking for taking the decision.

Edit :- the heat factor was major in decision making...less means i can play longer hours with quieter system and no need for Ac. I did look at 3080ti which i was offered for 44k in the end it was if i would be able to play for long hours comfortably without spending 2k extra on bills....i can confirm i had stopping playing high graphics game on my 3060ti which i got during peak mining for 70k due to need for Ac...i have spent around 30hrs gaming since the 4070ti arrived.

2k extra on bills? Really? Is there that much difference in power consumption?

I am sure someone is still selling a 8800gt alpha dog edition somewhere in India.
i had 2 8800gt, palit and xfx alpha dog the alpha dog survived with 2017 when it conked off when i tried to run one of later assassins creed on it just to see how it will holds up. not sure where its lying right now...had a legendary dual 8800gt sli setup once with a q9450 oced to 3.8gb and overkill 8gb ram good old days :)
This reminded me of oc craze there was and which got me as well,

https://hwbot.org/submission/944702_salman8506_cpu_frequency_core_2_quad_q9450_4288.1_mhz

when i had hit that freq it was ranked under 5th or 6th i think now knocked down to 19th. 536fsb on legendary Ep45-ud3p i sold those 2 here on te and tried to get it back a few years later for nostalgic reasons :p

Last edited:
Contacted this Lamington road guy who is in the video. He quoted 77K for a Galax 4070ti. Price seems good to me. Is it a good price? And anyone know if the guy is reliable?
price seems good no idea about the guy, if you are getting a sealed card and proper bill then go for it...ensure to open card in his shop yourself so you can verify its new.

price seems good no idea about the guy, if you are getting a sealed card and proper bill then go for it...ensure to open card in his shop yourself so you can verify its new.

I live in Bangalore. Cant see it physically. Anyone here from Bangalore that can suggest a local shop which kind of matches that price?

Absolutely. Though, now I'm thinking of holding off till they release the 4070

Yea i saw that however depending on pricing nvidia might price the 16gb one very close to 4070ti or atleast indian market pricing would be that...plus it depends on how fast it is would be worth waiting and watching how it performs compared to a 3080ti or 3080.

I've had this question for a long time, I'll appreciate if anyone can help, so here's the thing I'm planning on a pc build with an rx 580 8gb Or a 1060 6gb, and while having a discussion with someone they told me to buy quickly the gpu as the prices are volatile for the gpus.
Is it true??? And do you guys see the price boom happening around 2-3 months or so???

Just a personal opinion, I would not recommend RX 570/580 unless it has some warranty. The prices used to be higher, now you can find RX 570 4gb for close to 7-8k. If budget allows for it going for RX 6600 XT might be better.

Just a personal opinion, I would not recommend RX 570/580 unless it has some warranty. The prices used to be higher, now you can find RX 570 4gb for close to 7-8k. If budget allows for it going for RX 6600 XT might be better.
I have't looked at the pc market for a long time now, but is an rx 570 still around 7-8k? It seems due to the whole crypto and pandemic situation the price boomed and has now stayed at the same rate it did 4 years back, crazy. Personally I wouldn't recommend an rx 570/580 today anymore. It also does have to do with my ancient CPU but this gpu used to be able to crank out high 60 fps without a problem at 1080p a few years back, struggles a bit now tho with the newer titles. Would recommend something stronger as kvn95sss said, a gpu around 10-13k second hand would be far more worth it than one for 7 or 8k. AMD drivers have been problematic for me these days too, they worked fine a few years back (just a little personal experience)

well i invest to play at ultra :) and yes games allocate more and forza horizon 5 kept warning of low memory when maxing at 1080p on 3060ti to the point the game started artifacting after 20-30mins of gameplay on 3060ti and rx6600 with 10-12gb it ran fine upto 4k maxed...when looking for a new card its always good to understand where tech is headed before investing.
I know I'm flogging a dead horse but just wanted to let you know, they (Nvidia) fixed it after almost more than a year.

1679599967065.png

Back