Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

I think there are many variables that could even out EIP 1559's effect over time. Still, it's something that can deter mining for a bit. We really need POS and I'm hearing there might be some delay again? Didn't bother to check.

Looks like Rptech is again doing their email things. Sending mail to buy the card on first come first serve basis. That's means if you already enquired about the fe card. Right now I see mails for 3090 and 3080 on reddit.

Pic is not mine. Just got it from reddit.
Screenshot_20210805-123802.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Rptech is again doing their email things. Sending mail to buy the card on first come first serve basis. That's means if you already enquired about the fe card. Right now I see mails for 3090 and 3080 on reddit.
I also saw the reddit posts 3090 for sub 1.5L.

Tooooooooo 3 4 5 6... late just like how Nokia took its sweet wasted time to jump to android. Unless they have come up with a very strong plan/strategy they wont be able to compete with amd/nvidia at all!
Unless they do do it like Intel and poach top talent.
Also, I don't think they need to produce gpus that outperform Amd/Nvidia, just undercut them in the mainstream segments.
The sub $300(msrp) segment is pretty sad right now.

Capture+_2021-08-06-00-58-50.png

Capture+_2021-08-06-00-57-27.png

Finally some users with zotac realised how bad they're in cooling. I've been saying this for a while, people just see cards as cards and spam some poor seller's posts with zotac pricing because it's cheaper but don't realise they're just bad unless you live in chilly areas or use it under AC. Colourful/inno3d cards are way better compared to zotac. I myself have used several zotac 2060 and they'd run very hot at 80c while gaming with fans at 90% and they do throttle a little and this was with AC. Only undervolting it helped a little.

View attachment 110938
View attachment 110939
Finally some users with zotac realised how bad they're in cooling. I've been saying this for a while, people just see cards as cards and spam some poor seller's posts with zotac pricing because it's cheaper but don't realise they're just bad unless you live in chilly areas or use it under AC. Colourful/inno3d cards are way better compared to zotac. I myself have used several zotac 2060 and they'd run very hot at 80c while gaming with fans at 90% and they do throttle a little and this was with AC. Only undervolting it helped a little.
Till date I was surprised how Zotac is priced close to Galax or Inno3d, and thought it's a good value as the brand is better valued and gives 5 year warranty. This post is a shocker

Till date I was surprised how Zotac is priced close to Galax or Inno3d, and thought it's a good value as the brand is better valued and gives 5 year warranty. This post is a shocker
This is what happens when you don't have good Indian reviewers. Indian reviewers just hype the card saying how good is the RGB and how much fps and that's the end with no temperature or noise levels data. The other country reviewers most of the time test in open bench with 21c ambient so it's not possible to know how much the temps would be in Indian climate as our ambient temps are +10c extra or more. So if the card runs 75c in 21c then it'll easily hit 80c in our climate.
The memory temps are the ones that's bad in these cards.

Zotac is considered Asus of GPUs hence costly (course not as bomb as Asus) but compared to others it is. But these issues came as a huge surprise.
Seems given the Indian hot climate one has to live with plain 3060/3070 and Ti is for Jammu and Kashmir or Assam Meghalaya regions!
Wondering if someone as to use 3080ti he might have to shift to chilly countries..:D

Meanwhile..

1628279583820.png

Zotac is considered Asus of GPUs hence costly (course not as bomb as Asus) but compared to others it is. But these issues came as a huge surprise.
Seems given the Indian hot climate one has to live with plain 3060/3070 and Ti is for Jammu and Kashmir or Assam Meghalaya regions!
Wondering if someone as to use 3080ti he might have to shift to chilly countries..:D

Meanwhile..

View attachment 111005
How about 3090 and its temps in temperate countries?

The prices look like a dream

Pic is not mine. Just got it from reddit.
View attachment 110922
I ordered the 3080. Let's see how it goes.

Ethereum mining will soon be obsolete, as 'London' update moves key deadline to December.​

This news is on CNBC. Last nail in the Coffin for mining Ethereum by GPU. Guys, thos who have been waiting, now is the time for plucking sweet fruit.
Just a small clarification: mining will probably turn off in Q1 2022, not December. December is just the first possible optimistic date, but more realistic is early next year. Either way, GPU mining will be killed off soon. People who think they'll just move on to RVN or something are missing the point - the reason why Ethereum can support a massive mining base is because it has a market cap of $300+B. All other GPU mining coins combined is less than $10B probably. So, yeah, GPU mining by and large is going to be dead pretty soon, except for a small base who'll be mining the lower cap coins.

Update: RP Tech have confirmed the order and said they'll dispatch by Monday.

Last edited:
Back