Graphic Cards GPU pricing trends

Doesn't sound logical. How old stock are you talking about? Prices have been high since atleast May, 2021. Thats 11 months atleast, no one buys 11 months of stock beforehand. All old stock would've been sold by now.
Again there is this RSR update by AMD recently which makes it even with what Nvidia has other than DLSS and RT.

Maybe several factors contributed to Nvidia cards becoming cheaper which we always wanted.

The guy who sold me the rx6600xt told me that distributors are the guys who increased the prices not the resellers.

Maybe distributors for Nvidia changed their mind or Nvidia told them so or AIB vendors instructed them so.

The guy who sold me the rx6600xt told me that distributors are the guys who increased the prices not the resellers.
You really think the guy you're buying from will tell you the truth about price and make himself look bad? Or blame shift to some third party and make himself look neutral to get your repeat business and referrals?

You really think the guy you're buying from will tell you the truth about price and make himself look bad? Or blame shift to some third party and make himself look neutral to get your repeat business and referrals?
It is mostly distributors, OEMs and Nvidia/AMD. Why would resellers sit on pile of stock to get more than MSRP, when they have to pay massive amount of rent month in month out? Deman outstripped supply and as a result pricing went sky high. Now the supply chain is able to meet demand and we are seeing price of GPUs coming down.

Why do you even want a 3080 Ti? Under 80k is possible but for that 4xxx need to release at competitive prices.
Nothing was just thinking. For my 3060ti most of the people are offering 3080ti. It does fit my need 3080 like performance and 12gb vram. But the cost damn..

Nothing was just thinking. For my 3060ti most of the people are offering 3080ti. It does fit my need 3080 like performance and 12gb vram. But the cost damn..
You have a very good card. Unless you face issues with gaming or whatever work you are doing, do not upgrade. Get 4xxx or RDNA3 based cards. That would be a better upgrade path. Hold your temptation. They are only a few months away. Moreover, price for 3080 will fall further in 2 weeks time.

You have a very good card. Unless you face issues with gaming or whatever work you are doing, do not upgrade. Get 4xxx or RDNA3 based cards. That would be a better upgrade path. Hold your temptation. They are only a few months away. Moreover, price for 3080 will fall further in 2 weeks time.
That's true. Let's see.

Scaling technologies such as DLSS make the internal resolution lower than FHD.

Source:FIRST RESULT IN GAMING of the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
If this is right then what use is DLSS even if we use GPUs that support 4k or 2k
Regarding AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3d is concerned any little development in Processor technology is development right.
According to Steam survey most users either use 1080p displays while laptops still use 720p displays.
Then how relevant is DLSS & RT Tech to normal users which most games obviously don't support as of today.
That's why I went with AMD GPU which coincides with my budget a month ago.
Nvidia is using compression to reduce the internal resolution lower than FHD.

ge2lrIy.png

Read by translating the above article carefully. Don't just say its just 720p. Here in the above article the reviewer is explaining why should everybody care about 720p testing conditions.
IsK82lC.png

Source: FIRST RESULT IN GAMING of the AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D

Last edited:
Looks like merge is not happening in June. At this point let's wait for rtx 4000 and see the blood that will be shed.
I believe the queue in rptech will not even move a day for 6 months from the date of release.

But can we expect anything for mere mortals? Don't want to sell and arm or leg for a GPU.

Anything within 20-30k and not an useless underpowered card. Whats the speculative price of a 4060 or similar card?

High end cards are not going to cost more rather price will decrease as everyone is waiting for cheaper ones....but lower end cards like from 3060 till 3070ti prices have risen again after being dropped significantly

Prices are going to come down by another 10 percent or more because now there is no lockdown, all companies are working to their full potential. Talking about TSMC, Samsung etc. AIB are also working to their fullest.

Ethereum will move away from their current concept of proof of work to proof of stake. Next Gen GPU from AMD and Nvidia are almost going to be displayed. Intel is also jumping into the GPU market to make matters interesting for more or less.

Russia and Ukraine war has also created some stock diversion to other countries, while price may not come down instantly as we know how AIB, distributors, wholesalers, retailers made money in the past 2 years. We have all waited for this day, so let's wait for a few more days guys. Offline stores in Bengaluru at SP Road are saying that prices will not increase now plus they said that prices of SMPS have also come down as a lot of small time miners were buying them for their rigs. I inquired about 3070Ti from Asus, TUF Gaming. 67k with bill without the entire build. With build he was willing to give me for 63k. I was building 5950x+x570 Asus Motherboard+32GB RAM+2 TB Crucial NVMe ssd+Noctua D15+6 Cooler master fan+logitech wireless gaming mouse and Corsair Mech KB.
If you're happy with this seller, would you be okay to share their details / location ? His quote is good and I'd love to patronise a seller that's good.

Back