Graphic Cards Graphic card buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Graphic Card Advisor

tajendra said:
some games with my ati 5770 crd are not working

im getting mesage that 'physicX.dll file on comp is missing'.

I had nvidia previously and i uninstalled all drivers including nvidia physix

wat i need to do now boz batman AA and Dragon Age are not working

physics is exclusive to nvidia and wont work with an ATI card.

Disable it in the game.

indus said:
physics is exclusive to nvidia and wont work with an ATI card.

Disable it in the game.

Not really, please see reply below.

ragzdiablo said:
^^ true...
physX is under nvidia now and disable it in the game or the game will crash..

Games which have nVidia PhysX in the code, will just NOT launch, if the PhysX pack is not installed. Batman: AA and Scorpion Disfigured are two such games, which I encountered. There is no option to disable, since the game will never launch.

I installed the PhysX pack, and they launched and ran. The difference will be, that the PhysX will be rendered off the CPU and not the GPU. This will hit performance of the game.

Install the PhysX pack, and Batman : AA will launch. And you can play it.

indus said:
Also,the flickering you say could be caused by the ATI driver ,i have it a bit but iam on linux so my problem could be different.
rajeev

ya it ws du to driver i updated the driver and its gone.

the manual say i need to disable onboard graphic do u know hw to do it, i hv ASUS P5KPL-CM

n abt ur linux system wh OS u hv, r u able to find compatible softwrs an games etc easily

I have played a few games accelerated by physX and the pack is installed during game installation...so forgot that... :)

asingh said:

Games which have nVidia PhysX in the code, will just NOT launch, if the PhysX pack is not installed. Batman: AA and Scorpion Disfigured are two such games, which I encountered. There is no option to disable, since the game will never launch.

I installed the PhysX pack, and they launched and ran. The difference will be, that the PhysX will be rendered off the CPU and not the GPU. This will hit performance of the game.

ok ill instal physix pac again (do i need to instal latest version)

if i hv my onboard graphic working will it help with physix or should i disable it as given in the manual.

Get the latest pack from the nvidia site. Yes please disable the onboard since you have a HD5770. That is the first thing you should have done....!

Link to official nVidia PhysX pack:

NVIDIA DRIVERS 9.09.1112

tajendra said:
ok ill instal physix pac again (do i need to instal latest version)

if i hv my onboard graphic working will it help with physix or should i disable it as given in the manual.

No, the onboard graphics wont help..they should be disabled when a primary GPU is used..

ragzdiablo said:
No, the onboard graphics wont help..they should be disabled when a primary GPU is used..

plz help me how to disable it

i went in bios but ws not abl to figure it out

my mother board ASUS P5KPL-CM

tajendra said:
ya it ws du to driver i updated the driver and its gone.

the manual say i need to disable onboard graphic do u know hw to do it, i hv ASUS P5KPL-CM

n abt ur linux system wh OS u hv, r u able to find compatible softwrs an games etc easily

Hi

I use the Ubuntu Linux OS VERSION 9.10 codename karmic koala.

Well, the only game i play is quake 4 which comes with a linux binary.(installer), Iam waiting for modern warfare 2 for windows but its not here yet.That too is possible to run on linux with wine.

As far as software is concerned, ubuntu comes with a whole bunch of applications for all things.

Games is very few,but there is a software in linux called wine which lets you play many windows games.All of half life games work under wine including steam .

Also,its virus free,spyware free and other nonsense free.And free of cost of course.Never crashes .Try it if you wish. www.ubuntu.com

asingh said:

Thanks,didnt know about the physics pack,but it still is exclusive to nvidia.

Nope. Actually a sonic edition is factory overclocked product from palit. Although I'd rather suggest to get a Saphire product ( Vapor-X ) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back