Graphic Cards Graphic card buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey looking for a new graphic card I'm currently using radeon 4870 1gb...my rig spec are core 2 quad

E6600,4 gb ram,650 psu.....budget is 10k.card should handle 1680*1050 res ...not open for sli or cf....open to nvidia and ati

abhi said:
Hey looking for a new graphic card I'm currently using radeon 4870 1gb...my rig spec are core 2 quad
E6600,4 gb ram,650 psu.....budget is 10k.card should handle 1680*1050 res ...not open for sli or cf....open to nvidia and ati
Which brand PSU do you have? Is your Intel C2Q name Q6600?. Is it OCed?
In your budget best bet is, MSI HD6850 1GB GDDR5 - Rs.10,250.

abhi said:

You already have a decent GPU, is it troubling you in any way? Are any games not running on it?

abhi said:

why not crossfire ?

BTW WHich PSU ?

abhi said:

keep your current card as it is

it is more than capable of handling any game out there for your resolution 1680x1050

why exactly do you wanna change the card?

I have antec 650 psu earth watt.....I want to change my card because this is the third time my card is going for rma some or the other problem keeps occuring.
Its a palit sonic dual edition...and I'm damn frustrated with their service.

okay you can go for MSI HD6850 for 10k

palit sucks big time man

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

okay you can go for MSI HD6850 for 10k

palit sucks big time man

Go wid MSI HD6850 only coz Sapphire Warranty Terms and Condition is still in for debate... Whether it provides 2yrs or 3yrs only god knows... So its better to b on the safer side ;)

I am looking for a gfx card for my desktop PC. I used to have Palit 4870 dual fan 1 GB Sonic card. But the same has developed problem and could not be repaired (Experience with Palit really sucks). My system config is as follows:
Motherboard: Biostar I45
Processor : Intel E-8400
PSU: Corsair HX-620
RAM: 4 GB

Although the PC will be used for occassional gaming (by my son), but the main use is HD Movie through HDMI (to my TV) and internet surfing.

During preliminary survey the following have been shortlisted:
1) HD 5770
2) GTS 450
3) GTX 460

Can you guys tell me the comparison between HD5770, GTS 450 and GTX 460 Graphics card? I am not interested for dual fan card, as the same are bulky and consume more space. GTX460 card, as I have heard have HDMI 1.4. My TV is Panasonic 42V20D and as far as I know, my TV have HDMI 1.3. Does HDMI 1.4 in GPU make any improvement in PQ / sound ?

abhi said:
who handles msi warranty and is it handled properly?
DIGILINK Services, yeah they are very reliable took two weeks to replace my fried HD 5770, got a brand new piece.

If the hardware standard of HDMI is 1.3 on your TV I think you'll not be able to see the benefit provided by HDMI 1.4 present on the nVidia cards ~ best bet for you Sir is that you go for the AMD HD 5770 OR if you have the budget the overall performance king is the GTX 460. Performance analysis --

Bench - GPU11 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News -- GTS 450 against HD 5770, in certain tasks because of CUDA cores nVidia pulls ahead as well Tesselation is overall nVidia's forte.

Bench - GPU11 - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News -- GTX 460 against HD 5770, the 460 being a beast of a card demolishes the HD 5770 in all areas except power consumption.

Also Sir looking at your configuration the CPU will act as a major bottle-neck on most current generation and upcoming game titles. Here are some links which might help --

CUDA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia CUDA cores explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back