Graphic Cards Graphic card buying advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am upgrading in a few days and which would be better?
Buying a HD5770 or getting a used HD 4850 at around 3-3.5k and adding another sometime in the future?
No special preference for DX11 though will have to look at motherboards with two PCI slots

Regards

Bought sapphire hd 6850 for 9.7k form lamington road,prime abgb and it wares were giving at 9.9k,when i tried to bargain for 9.5k they said if u are getting 9.5k somewhere then get it.

gigy said:
Which is recommended cheapest card for 3d movie playbacks? i need a upgrade from 5770.
An upgrade from HD 5770 would be a GTX 460 or better a GTX 560.

For 3D i recommend nvidia, with the 3D vision set.

You do have a 120hz monitor right?

Thanks, Have to buy the display mostly samsung 50" plasma d550 which has just come to market.

Forgot to mention I am running 5770 on corsair 400w psu, and want to retain it. which nvidia can be powered by this psu?

Will ASUS GTX 550 Ti DirectCU Graphic card work?

ragzdiablo said:
An upgrade from HD 5770 would be a GTX 460 or better a GTX 560.

For 3D i recommend nvidia, with the 3D vision set.

You do have a 120hz monitor right?

Hi I would like to upgrade my graphics card in my system the system configuration is as follows

Motherboard : Bio Star (N68S+) Socket AM3/AM2+

Chip set :NVIDIA MCP68S

Processor : AMD Athlonâ„¢ II X2 x250 CPU speed 3000Mhz

RAM : 4 GB DDR 3

Power Supply: 450 watts

Hard Disk : 1TB

Integrated Video card : NVIDIA GeForce 7025 GPU, On Board Graphic Max. Memory Share Up to 512MB(Under OS By Turbo Cache)

My budget for the graphics card is under 5k, your views are welcome.

Thanks in advance

Nicky

^^ Okay Sir first off is that a standard cheap SMPS that you've powering the RIG, if yes please change it with a

FSP Saga II 400W ~ 1900/-,

then for what purpose would you like to have the graphics card. If it is gaming you'll need to up the SMPS to a

Seasonic S12II 430W ~ 3000/- and the card to watch for will be the, AMD HD 6670 ~ 5500/- OR AMD HD 5770 ~ 6500/- [if you want the card to soldier for another 3-4 years, though in both cases your CPU will be a major bottleneck while gaming].

Else if it is for HTPC and HD-content decoding with light gaming, grab the HD 6670 ~ 5500/-.

Thanks for the advice guys just bought the xfx ati radeon hd 5670 1GB for 5.2 K and upgraded my power supply to Seasonic S12II 430W........working just fine i can play crysis 2, assassins creed and Napoleon with display resolution 1366 x 768.

I have a p4 506 Prescott 2.66Ghz proccy and a 250W PSU(OEM).I want to buy a GPU for watching full HD movies. Friends I don't want to change the PSU or any other component.

Nope... As it takes power from the PCI-E slot... But it would be good if you would change your PSU after sometime after gathering some money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back