GTA V - Discussion Thread

Re: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Discussion Thread

nish_pinto said:
^^^LOL....how are you gonna get up there to hijack it btw?

It'll most likely be available in Area 51. Or it could be a reward for collecting all the hidden packages or something. Or they will have you ride it for just one mission.

Just saw the trailer and though it didn't give out much details, it looks pretty good. This is set in fictional Los Angeles, right? (Vinewood = Hollywood?)

Ethan_Hunt said:
Just saw the trailer and though it didn't give out much details, it looks pretty good. This is set in fictional Los Angeles, right? (Vinewood = Hollywood?)

Complete SA first.:bleh:

Yes.But the trailer shows places other than LS also i think.

quan chi said:
Complete SA first.:bleh:

Is it worth it? The last time I tried it on my PC, the controls and graphic tweaking turned out to be a completed nightmare. :(

Ethan_Hunt said:

IGN digs into the GTA V debut trailer and find all the awesome secrets and hints for you in this IGN Rewind Theater.

Get more GTA V info at IGN:

Ethan_Hunt said:
Is it worth it? The last time I tried it on my PC, the controls and graphic tweaking turned out to be a completed nightmare. :(

story wise no.Vice city was far better.But for Everything thing else other than the story. Yes!.I dont know why are you finding the controls difficult its quite easy to customize.

SA was huge.you have so many things to find and do to keep you occupied.

Summer 2012, come soon! GTA V FTW.

@ Ethan - You're missing out on the best GTA game if you don;t play GTA SA :p

Ethan_Hunt said:

Did you have a hard time with the airplane controls? The general control customization was pretty straight IIRC.

GTA SA has aged very badly. After playing GTA 4, its very difficult to get back into SA because of the shoddy graphics.

any announcement on the platforms?

by the way GTA IV with Ice Enhancer mods looks WAayyyyyy better than what is shown in the trailer :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

google it if you dont believe me

ubergeek said:
any announcement on the platforms?

by the way GTA IV with Ice Enhancer mods looks WAayyyyyy better than what is shown in the trailer :p

google it if you dont believe me

The footage of GTA V was obviously from consoles and I don't think the consoles can handle the Ice Enhancer mod given their limited specifications.

As far as the engine goes, it won't matter as long as they are able to provide a varied and better experience. GTA Vice City and SA were built on the same engine yet SA despite of having similar graphics was able to do many new and different things. The same is expected of GTA V.

The things that I would want to see in GTA V are:

1. Buy/Sell properties. This has been hinted in the trailer. Hope it expands on the Vice city property buying and selling idea.

2. Customize your appearance. I loved SA for this. We should be able to customize our look i.e Have different haircuts, facial hairs, workout in the gym etc.

3. Flying Planes. This too has been hinted in the trailer.

4. Better on-foot mechanics. The In car action is as good as it gets but the on foot action still sucks a bit. I would love for it to be like splinter cell conviction or even Red Dead Redemption for that matter.

5. Branching storyline. GTA 4 did this in a small way but having a branched storyline where your actions can change the outcome of the story makes the most sense in a game like GTA. I would want it to go deeper this time with an option of playing both good and evil.

6. RPG Elements. Nothing too fancy but having RPG elements like Mass Effect 2 can benefit GTA in a lot of ways. It would also encourage more free roam.

7. Make money more useful. This has been my biggest complaint with all GTAs so far. We are awarded with money after each mission but money means little in the GTA universe as its quite useless. Also, spending money to buy guns is pointless since most of the expensive guns can be looted during a mission. How about you can purchase cars too with money? Once purchased these cars will always be available at your safehouse even if you destroy them. Buying and selling of properties can also play a role here.

Thats all I can think of right now.

quan chi said:
story wise no.Vice city was far better.But for Everything thing else other than the story. Yes!.I dont know why are you finding the controls difficult its quite easy to customize.
SA was huge.you have so many things to find and do to keep you occupied.
I wanted to play it with my 360 controller and as it happens, this game runs into issues with the trigger assignment. Also the graphic tweaking was a mess, even after applying the latest patch. I'm curious to know, why was Vice City so popular? If I'm not mistaken, GTA vets have claimed it to be the best in the entire series.
Black_Hawk said:
Did you have a hard time with the airplane controls? The general control customization was pretty straight IIRC.
Unfortunately, I didn't get very far with the game. Flight controls being out of the question. ;)

Ethan_Hunt said:
I wanted to play it with my 360 controller and as it happens, this game runs into issues with the trigger assignment. Also the graphic tweaking was a mess, even after applying the latest patch. I'm curious to know, why was Vice City so popular? If I'm not mistaken, GTA vets have claimed it to be the best in the entire series.
Dont play SA with a 360 cotroller it is best played without a controller.

Btw kindly dont tell me you havent played vice city also.AFAIK you have completed vice city.you once had mentioned it.Anyways if you search a bit you will get the answer properly.But still let me reiterate :D.The neon filled nights and the beach with those awesome weather effects mixed with a bit of scarface type thrilling story you get vice city,and yes not to forget those radio stations with funny programs running all the time too!:D

Just checked the trailer, is this for real?? They are going back to San Andreas style. That is just awesome!

I could not stand the characters and their irritating accents in GTA 4. GTA:VC and SA were a blast though.

^^Yeah...Seriously Man it's like awesome. :D BTW could not read much posts on previous pages(Slow connection)...The guy we're playing is it Tommy Vercetti? Now Aged an OLD GUY?

Ethan_Hunt said:

LOL are you kidding me? You haven't played SA.? :O Buy it,insert it,Install it(otherwise: Download it,Install it),Connect the Controller,Play it..I am currently playing it again because of no GPU with my Xbox Controllers. Works Cool. :eek:hyeah:

Back