Have Bsnl broadband speeds increased by 100%?

Re: Is Bsnl broadband speeds increased by 100%?

devesh38 said:
check your bill guys. Here in chennai they gave the pamphlet. in which it was written the speed will be 100% for the unlimited plans. But in the first point it was written that it was "with effect from 2nd december" . SO it will most probably be increased next month.

Looks like the OP tricked us :p

View attachment 18411

he folded the page

devesh38 said:
check your bill guys. Here in chennai they gave the pamphlet. in which it was written the speed will be 100% for the unlimited plans. But in the first point it was written that it was "with effect from 2nd december" . SO it will most probably be increased next month.

can you please post screenshot of bill

^ here it is. Full letter

2z3whvb.jpg

am not understanding anything reading this thread .... can anyone please clear my doubt ...

am using 750 unlimited plan am getting 60-70 kb/s download speed so my doubt is will thr be a increase in speed ??

where it is written that speeds are going to be increased from 1st dec? It's not there in the whole letter. that's a speculation.:no:

^first point under the "highlights of land line/broadband tariff". Although not specifically mentioned for broadband but it can be assumed that all things will be with effect from 1st dec.

srsriharsha said:
I guess this is old bill of 2010 when speeds were increased from 256 to 512 lol :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

It does say 02.11.2011 in the footnote.

srsriharsha said:
I guess this is old bill of 2010 when speeds were increased from 256 to 512 lol :)

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

LOL, didnt even notice 2010 in the letter.:ashamed:

but i did receive this in the last month's bill. Now really dont know when speeds are going to be doubled.:huh:

Spoke to a friend who works in the local BSNL telephone exchange.He did confirm that speeds would definitely be increased but refused to comment on anything else.

750 Plan has upgraded to 2mbps with 8Gb and then 512Kbps

That is good. I mean not reverting back to 256kbps. Seems like Govt might just amend the min speeds they define as Broadband.

Gives users the freedom to download the files they want urgently/bigger size files in a flash. But seems like they played a bit smart, by not giving 1Mbps as default. They can check keep a check on heavy downloaders. 8GB would be gone in a flash and then back to 512kbps.

What about the 100% increase news ? Different plans for different areas shdnt have been the case.

Any one on HM 750 UL Plan suffering from slow Internet? I guess 512kbps is enough for browsing Internet. I am going to change HM 500 Plan to 750UL.

I shifted from 500C plan to 750UL few months back. Apart from download speed, I dont feel much diiference in browsing speeds. I say go for it.

P.S. I download around 140-145GB monthly with 750UL, with 500C I could only attain max 125-130GB,

^ So on the 750 UL, you are downloading 24/7? Only then you will reach 145 GB. ;)

The advantage of the 500C is that downloads will be only during 2-8 and you can browse at full speed during rest of the time. I can't browse properly with downloads going on in the background. :p

^ this is not good.. needed 100% increase in the speed and not 2mbps for first 8gb or so. hope its a combo plan and not the unlimited.

The above is only applicable to Chennai.

Regarding Hyderabad, I have information from my source working in BSNL. The Source Says 750 is going to be 1Mbps unlimited.

If they 1Mbps unlimited for 750 They will get bankrupt in Hyderabad. Already Many Operators are feeling the heat of Beam.

Back