Storage Solutions HDD Prices may go up.. Edit: Gone up

FML! My 500gig hdd was ruined about 2 months back and had given it for replacement. Haven't got it back yet... and i dont think they'll give it till another year now. :\

I think its time to move on to SSDs now.

The demand for SSDs will shoot up and resulting in price reduction at a later stage.

So hold on your horses for the impulse buy at a later stage.

Two of my HDDs failed, one last week and another one yesterday :(
One was Seagate 7200.12 1TB and another was WD Green 1TB. How long it would take to RMA in a time of HDD crysis like this. Ive filled the recovered data on my ext hdds, lappys and all other desktops. All of them are full. One more HDD fail and there goes all of my precious data. Now i think im really panicking

dOm1naTOr said:

One was Seagate 7200.12 1TB and another was WD Green 1TB. How long it would take to RMA in a time of HDD crysis like this. Ive filled the recovered data on my ext hdds, lappys and all other desktops. All of them are full. One more HDD fail and there goes all of my precious data. Now i think im really panicking

Can you please tell what kinda failure it was? and how and what u used to recover the data? Time it took?

SSD manufacturers are having a field day with all the HDD production problems. But I dont see any decrease in SSD prices. I am on the lookout for a decent 90+ GB SSD for use as a boot plus programs drive. Have my eye on the crucial m4 128GB or the Patriot Pyro SE 120GB. But it will set me back by 11-12k. Is it worth it??

Yeah just saw and 2 tb like 7K!!! Thats crazy to think.

Looks like I will be cleaning out a lot of junk form my drives now, instead of investing in more space.

Did you try using minipe?? Use it to try and recover your data...
dOm1naTOr said:

Infected said:
Yeah just saw and 2 tb like 7K!!! Thats crazy to think.

Looks like I will be cleaning out a lot of junk form my drives now, instead of investing in more space.

i think its over 7k. on thursday it was 7.1-7.2k

after some bargaining i ended up getting it for 6900 only cause i got multiple drives.

dont see prices coming down before feb/march

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

m-jeri said:
Can you please tell what kinda failure it was? and how and what u used to recover the data? Time it took?

i too would like to know.

im in a similar situation where the 3 hdds have failed. have already got newer hdds but need to recover the data.

Back