how much does Sansa clip cost?

geez prices have shot up suddenly 3450/- for the 4 gb one.....................glad i decided not to wait n ordered an iaudio7.wil buy a used clip if its up for sale sometym in da future

Ok Guys, I ordered a PL11 with E5 as could resist seeing the price:)..Wanted to test these out before I make my actual buy..

Now Faheem suggested me RE-0, but now after reading some more stuff in various threads I am a little confused. below are my choices

1. RE-0

2. NuForce NE-6, 7, 8

3. Klisph S4

2. RE2

Now, I know Faheem told me that RE-0 gives a complete flat sound with no modifications and it will present the music as it was originally made.

I have also seen ppl recommending S4's a lot.

Personally, I have heard CX500 which gives a lot of bass so I am not looking at bassy output.

I am just not sure whether I would be able to appreciate the RE-0 Sound so need ur suggestions whether I should go for RE0 or something else.

BTW: I can extend my budget to 6-7k...but prefer the 4-5k range considering the earphones would be used for jogging/gym

^ The options you have put up are from different ranges , cant really be compared :p. Also you shouldn't have got the E5 with PL-11. IMO, PL-11 doesnt really need an amp. Ofcourse E5 will be useful if you go for a better IEM :).

^^SF4 and RE0 are priced at 3.6k and 4.1k respectively (so i considered them almost close)

Faheem ...d u think RE2@ 2k is a good option for Sansa...or should I get both RE2 and RE0?

Now for E5...Do u think I can use it for PL30 or cx500?

E5 sounds good with PL-30, RE-2 ,RE-0 all of them.

Now SQ wise IMO,

RE1/RE-0 >> S4 >> Eternas/RE-2/PL-50/NE6 >> PL-30/PL-21 >> PL-11/CX300/EP-630.

vercetti said:
Now, I know Faheem told me that RE-0 gives a complete flat sound with no modifications and it will present the music as it was originally made.

I am just not sure whether I would be able to appreciate the RE-0 Sound so need ur suggestions whether I should go for RE0 or something else.
You need to decide whether you like neutral sound. The clip has a neutral ouput and does not colour the sound in any way, so the choice of earphone is pretty wide with this player. But if the player already colorurs the sound (not the case with the clip) or has some sort of 'sound enhancer' then neutral is your only choice.

Otherwise neutral is good if you want to listen for detail, either picking out notes from a solo or trying to spot problems in the recording. It gets tiring to listen to neutral for long.

If you want to listen for pleasure or for extended periods then its better to avoid neutral phones, they have their uses but this is not one of them.

^ Yes .Same league in terms of detailing ..maybe slightly here and there but not vast difference.Though sound signature can be quite different of 2 IEMs of similar segment. ;)

FaH33m said:
E5 sounds good with PL-30, RE-2 ,RE-0 all of them.
Now SQ wise IMO,

RE1/RE-0 >> S4 >> Eternas/RE-2/PL-50/NE6 >> PL-30/PL-21 >> PL-11/CX300/EP-630.

I totally agree with faheem. I've a RE2+E5 combo for my Clip+. After coupling with E5 need for bass will be fulfilled and also the detailing is so amazing with this pair.

My sansa clip is dead ....it was not turning on battery....but turns on during external power supply....and shows battery icon with diagonal line in it.....when i opened sansa ....red wire connecting ckt & battery was broken....dunno how :(

Will post from home, ebay banned @ work.

Parv said:
^^ Item no. ?
If u've bought it from Gautam he can give u a replacement/hellp u get one but if u've voided warrantee then god help U :(

universal said:
My sansa clip is dead ....it was not turning on battery....but turns on during external power supply....and shows battery icon with diagonal line in it.....when i opened sansa ....red wire connecting ckt & battery was broken....dunno how :(

Back