Huawei E122 Modem Owners Thread

The speed I am getting by E122 is very less compared to Nokia 5320 (which is actually supports only upto 3.6 mbps).

On E122, I am getting only upto 70 KBps (that too fluctuating between 30-70 KBps). I am able to get 98% signal strength as per Mobile partner. Whereas by using Nokia 5320 I am able to get around 100-180 KBps. I even got 300 KBps for 10-15 sec. one day.

Also after connecting and authenticating E122, it takes upto 15-20 secs before I can actually browse. No such problem with Nokia 5320.

Is it due to wrong drivers? I am using the latest ones which are available at dc-files. I am using Windows 7 32 bit.

@ Lakshmish, Which hotfix are you talking about? Please let me know.

Got my 3G SIM today. I finally somehow managed to update the firmware and get the sim and network detected in Mobile Partner. However, I am facing a weird issue. I am not able to connect to the internet and it keeps giving me and authentication error. I am attaching some screenshots of my settings and the error that I am getting. Please help.

The APN is set to static and then bsnlnet. I created a new profile named BSNL 3G for this. Also the network is registered and there is almost full network at my place.

Mohit said:
Got my 3G SIM today. I finally somehow managed to update the firmware and get the sim and network detected in Mobile Partner. However, I am facing a weird issue. I am not able to connect to the internet and it keeps giving me and authentication error. I am attaching some screenshots of my settings and the error that I am getting. Please help.

The APN is set to static and then bsnlnet. I created a new profile named BSNL 3G for this. Also the network is registered and there is almost full network at my place.
Dude check your balance. Usually if there is no or -ve balance you will get this error.

On Ubuntu here are the settings, make sure you have installed wvdial:

cat /etc/wvdial.conf

[Dialer Defaults]

Baud = 115200

Dial Attempts = 1

Dial Command = ATDT

ISDN = 0

Init1 = ATZ

Init2 = AT&F E1 V1 X1 &D2 &C1 S0=0

Init3 = AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","bsnlnet"

Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0

Modem Type = Analog Modem

New PPPD = yes

Phone = *99#

Stupid Mode = 1

Username = bsnl

Password = bsnl

princeoo7 said:
How much speed do u normally get on e122 with 2g sim means what did u got the max ... :)

any one???
I got 2.8MB(megabytes) max for torrents using a BSNL 2G sim in my E122 and almost the same speeds with my N8 (using a data cable)... This was in Pune(Kothrud area) where 3G signals were very strong.

Guys.. Has anyone tried connecting E122 to a Router's USB and configure it such that any internet request will connect the E122??
I have a ASUS 500GP V2 router with Tomato firmware. I would like to connect my E122 to the router and keep it as a always on connection. It should connect the E122 to the Internet as soon as its powered up...
Kindly provide your inputs if anyone has tried this or has any link for the same.... I have facing DC issues with BSNL + E122. Dont know why.... elsewise the speed is real good.

USSD are executed using AT commands and you can try in Linux using serial port utilities such as minicom or microcom

Sent from my HTC Legend using Tapatalk

Back