Indian Stock Market and Mutual Funds

bloodbath continues.

brandbird.jpg

Those who can sense when Intel's shares hit the lowest price can mint money. Because for markets there, it's inevitable that Intel's share prices should re-bounce.

USA and Japan market index (-12.4% in a day !) nosedive indicates this downward trend may extend easily more than a month.
Mid-cap and Small cap indices where valuation were very high will be brought down to near realistic figures.
So, keep cash in hand, wait and let's see for me...

Last edited:
Time for exit have already passed for me so will keep invested and wait for market to recover. Will invest when there are signs of stabilization
In bull markets this works. In bear markets, what seems like bad exit would look like good exit in a few months.
In my experience - either one is active or one is not. For most, best not to be active and focus on career. Just do sips, buy extra on crashes and hold for 10-20+ years, hopefully it will work out.

If one is active, you should be already prepared and know what to do based on your research. No need to ask.

Chart here https://in.tradingview.com/symbols/USDJPY/

This is the most important chart in the world today: the *Japanese Yen vs the USD*. Why is it so important?

1. For 30 years Japan has 0% interest on their currency.
2. As a result for 30 years investor borrowed YEN at no cost and invested it globally. They invested in T-Bills abroad and a basket of risk assets including the Nasdaq.
3. For the first time in many year the BOJ (Bank of Japan) increased interest rates this week by 0.25%. This was almost unprecedented.
4. As a result of the increased interest rates and the signal to the market, investors are now concerned that the money they borrowed for free is no longer free and therefore they are unwinding their trades and sending the funds back to Japan.
5. The estimated quantum of this trade is over $4 trln!!

The only question that remains is how aggressive they will be.

But for now WE MUST KEEP OUR EYES ON THIS CHART! If it keeps strengthening risk assets are going to get sold even more. If it weakens again then risk assets might rally (all else being equal).

This is the message posted by my trading advisor. Thoughts?

But for now WE MUST KEEP OUR EYES ON THIS CHART! If it keeps strengthening risk assets are going to get sold even more. If it weakens again then risk assets might rally (all else being equal)

Shouldn’t it be vice versa? If JPY vs USD falls (weakens) then risk assets will get sold more.

Market going down should we book some profit on Mutual fund or leave as it is?
Very few common stock market gyans are good. One that is gold and is rarely practiced is to have an stop loss. Always have an exit strategy for your equity investments. Your exit should not be based on what happened to boarder market on one day. You cannot run away every time you see a 4% drop in an overheated market.

The ****ing articles on money control and other similar places by their so called experts need to be immediately stopped. Every time a share goes up slightly they publish an article with a higher target. And every time the share goes down in the following days. I don't know even after all these years why i still fall for these misleading crap.

Very few common stock market gyans are good. One that is gold and is rarely practiced is to have an stop loss. Always have an exit strategy for your equity investments. Your exit should not be based on what happened to boarder market on one day. You cannot run away every time you see a 4% drop in an overheated market.
I have 20 shares of Titagarh Rail Systems at 1637, The stop loss was 1500 and when I asked the advisor last friday he said to hold and don't panic. look at the closing price today - 1401.25
Anyways I am not a person who run away seeing a small drop in the market but I like to make informed decisions.
Shouldn’t it be vice versa? If JPY vs USD falls (weakens) then risk assets will get sold more.
If the yen continues to strengthen, it indicates that the cost of borrowing yen is increasing for investors who had previously taken advantage of Japan's low interest rates. As these investors unwind their trades to return funds to Japan, they may sell off riskier assets, leading to a decline in their prices. Conversely, if the yen weakens again, it may signal that the cost of borrowing remains low, allowing investors to maintain or increase their positions in risk assets, potentially leading to a market rally.In summary, the strength or weakness of the yen serves as a barometer for investor sentiment and behavior regarding risk assets, with significant implications for market dynamics

This is what Perplexity has to say and it make sense too

The ****ing articles on money control and other similar places by their so called experts need to be immediately stopped. Every time a share goes up slightly they publish an article with a higher target. And every time the share goes down in the following days. I don't know even after all these years why i still fall for these misleading crap.
Why only MoneyControl ?
All business news channels, youtube challens are filled with these so called experts, market gurus, market gyaanis

I have 20 shares of Titagarh Rail Systems at 1637, The stop loss was 1500 and when I asked the advisor last friday he said to hold and don't panic. look at the closing price today - 1401.25
Anyways I am not a person who run away seeing a small drop in the market but I like to make informed decisions.

If the yen continues to strengthen, it indicates that the cost of borrowing yen is increasing for investors who had previously taken advantage of Japan's low interest rates. As these investors unwind their trades to return funds to Japan, they may sell off riskier assets, leading to a decline in their prices. Conversely, if the yen weakens again, it may signal that the cost of borrowing remains low, allowing investors to maintain or increase their positions in risk assets, potentially leading to a market rally.In summary, the strength or weakness of the yen serves as a barometer for investor sentiment and behavior regarding risk assets, with significant implications for market dynamics

This is what Perplexity has to say and it make sense too
best time to buy titagarh was at 1100-1200 anyways whats done is done, try to avg out if possible.
railways and defence had a bullish run

I made same mistake as yours My avg price for mazagon dock/ mazdock is 5300, have 15 shares it closed at 4700 today.o_O

Why only MoneyControl ?
All business news channels, youtube challens are filled with these so called experts, market gurus, market gyaanis
Just one example amongst many others, like I mentioned. The money control articles keep appearing on my Google feed. I must stop checking the Google feed. Thankfully I never bothered with YouTube or business channels.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240805-175132.png
    Screenshot_20240805-175132.png
    616.8 KB · Views: 16
Back