Indian Stock Market and Mutual Funds

best time to buy titagarh was at 1100-1200 anyways whats done is done, try to avg out if possible.
railways and defence had a bullish run

I made same mistake as yours My avg price for mazagon dock/ mazdock is 5300, have 15 shares it closed at 4700 today.o_O
Yeah early days for me still in learning phase.
I was going to average out but thought to wait, Its better to invest in stocks that are in rally mode that will have better chances of returns.
Anyways lets hope someone from TE holds a position in Arrow Greentech :innocent:
Just one example amongst many others, like I mentioned. The money control articles keep appearing on my Google feed. I must stop checking the Google feed. Thankfully I never bothered with YouTube or business channels.
Here are few open calls from multiple sources https://trendlyne.com/research-reports/buy/

So i also would want to highlight one of my position in a monopoly niche sector stock called ZENTEC
Holding a good quantity when it fell to 880 and part of my long term portfolio

I have 20 shares of Titagarh Rail Systems at 1637, The stop loss was 1500 and when I asked the advisor last friday he said to hold and don't panic. look at the closing price today - 1401.25
Anyways I am not a person who run away seeing a small drop in the market but I like to make informed decisions.
Experience matters over advise. It is difficult to follow advise without experiencing the scenario. It's all good. The drop was also too sudden to execute.

It is not just advisors, we ourselves might try to rationalise after the sl is hit and not take the call. Be sure when you set stop loss, so that you won't rationalise later.

Stop loss actually is making less sense due to the crazy bull runs from 2020. But its the only way to protect ourselves.

So i also would want to highlight one of my position in a monopoly niche sector stock called ZENTEC
Holding a good quantity when it fell to 880 and part of my long term portfolio
You are in awesome position :)
Experience matters over advise. It is difficult to follow advise without experiencing the scenario. It's all good. The drop was also too sudden to execute.

It is not just advisors, we ourselves might try to rationalise after the sl is hit and not take the call. Be sure when you set stop loss, so that you won't rationalise later.
I am not investing too much money at the moment and only buying in small quantity my budget for a single company to max 20k so if there is a sharp fall then I can exit with 10% loss i.e. 2k loss per company.
If I loose in 5 companies then its just 10k but the experience of handling such situation will be helpful in future.
Stop loss actually is making less sense due to the crazy bull runs from 2020. But its the only way to protect ourselves.
I bought BASF India for 5600 and when it reached the target I used trailing stoploss to sell, The Average price was 6047.39 which sounds less but it gave me an opportunity to test new high

Ola IPO Latest Details

1765.jpg

Stock market is for suckers. Buy land if you want to become rich.
True. But only if you have a team of goons and lawyers on standby.

I know so many people whose lands and become zombies because of litigation. These were middle class salaried first generation rich who did not understand how the 'world of land' worked.

Also, be prepared to deal with ex wives' claims on the property (know this because one of my friends has to deal with it).

Last edited:
Sure, here are some of existing features:

1. **TradingView Integration**
- Seamless integration with TradingView charts, allowing users to execute trades directly from TradingView.

2. **Advanced Charting Tools**
- Access to a wide range of charting tools, including indicators, drawing tools, and real-time data.

3. **One-Click Trade**
- Execute trades with a single click, enhancing speed and efficiency.

4. **Direct Access to Options Chain**
- Direct access to the options chain with real-time data and the ability to trade directly from the chain.

5. **Brackets and Cover Orders**
- Advanced order types like Brackets and Cover Orders for better risk management.

6. **Instant Margin Calculations**
- Real-time margin calculation for better fund management and decision-making.

7. **Free API Integration**
- API based Algo trading.

8. Instant fund transfer (conditional)
9. Built-in Options and Future strategies.
10. Physical meetups for traders in Dhan Office
11. Huge list of partners with integration: https://dhanhq.co/featured-partners/

Features for Investors

1. **Zero Brokerage on Investments**
- No brokerage charges on equity delivery trades, making investing more cost-effective.

2. **Investment Ideas**
- Curated investment ideas and recommendations to help investors make informed decisions.

3. **Portfolio Health Check**
- Comprehensive analysis of your portfolio to identify strengths, weaknesses, and opportunities for diversification.

4. **Smart SIP**
- Smart Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) options that automatically adjust based on market conditions.

5. **ETF Investment Options**
- Easy access to a wide range of Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs) for diversified investing.

6. **Direct Mutual Funds**
- Invest in direct mutual funds with no commissions, ensuring better returns.

7. **Theme-Based Investing**
- Invest in pre-packaged themes based on sectors, strategies, or trends for targeted exposure.

8. **Real-Time Alerts**
- Receive real-time alerts for price movements, news, and other relevant updates related to your investments.

Upcoming Features:

1. Integration with ScanX: (Released yesterday): https://www.scanx.com/

Refer here for more features: https://madefortrade.in/tag/new-feature-release

Upcoming features: (List was released so thought to share)
  1. The Journal by Dhan : A New BackOffice for all Reporting, Account Management, KYC & More
  2. Price Alerts on TradingView Charts
  3. Mutual Funds in Demat Format
  4. Super Trader Mode for Dhan Web platforms
  5. All New Forever Order Experience
  6. Tracking All Mutual Funds on Dhan

Just one example amongst many others, like I mentioned. The money control articles keep appearing on my Google feed. I must stop checking the Google feed. Thankfully I never bothered with YouTube or business channels.
Ironically, these people give call before market open and then if the call is right, the stock opens already at higher level and then these people claim that their call is successful !!!

:D:D

Last edited:
Stock market is for suckers. Buy land if you want to become rich.
Is this supposed to be a joke?

Even investing in a passive fund like ICICI Prudential Nifty Next 50 Index Fund would give you more returns than real estate. Without having to deal with agents and stamp duty and other bs.

SIP of 10,000 in that fund for last 7 years would have gained you just over 9 lakhs on the investment of 8,40,000.

Which places have given that much return during that period? And more importantly, how much of a headache is it to find such places and staying 'invested' there?

Is this supposed to be a joke?

Even investing in a passive fund like ICICI Prudential Nifty Next 50 Index Fund would give you more returns than real estate. Without having to deal with agents and stamp duty and other bs.

SIP of 10,000 in that fund for last 7 years would have gained you just over 9 lakhs on the investment of 8,40,000.

Which places have given that much return during that period? And more importantly, how much of a headache is it to find such places and staying 'invested' there?

The thing with property is that a bet on right one would 100x your money in 20 years. I’ve seen plots worth 12L at some point, selling for 10cr now.

The thing with property is that a bet on right one would 100x your money in 20 years. I’ve seen plots worth 12L at some point, selling for 10cr now.
I already addressed that when I said 'And more importantly, how much of a headache is it to find such places and staying 'invested' there?'

This can happen with Shares or any commodity in general. The keypoint is the timing of investment.

Exactly, people often refer to a single transaction and assume it will happen again! When discussing reference transactions, there are thousands of examples in the stock market where shares have provided returns of 10,000%. However, it's not ideal to base assumptions on these examples.

We should focus on mature investments. For that, a well-diversified portfolio is essential. This portfolio should include all asset classes: real estate, gold, bonds, and equity."

If someone has to speculate that land price gonna whatever x in an arbitrary time frame better to do FnO atleast you won't be stuck with an useless asset

Exactly, people often refer to a single transaction and assume it will happen again! When discussing reference transactions, there are thousands of examples in the stock market where shares have provided returns of 10,000%. However, it's not ideal to base assumptions on these examples.

We should focus on mature investments. For that, a well-diversified portfolio is essential. This portfolio should include all asset classes: real estate, gold, bonds, and equity."
Yes diversification is necessary. But Commercial property rental income is way more stable than market, so one should keep property/land in mind when investing huge sums.

Back