Indian Stock Market and Mutual Funds

Guys, trade happens at NSE/BSE and not at demat or broker level !
if there are no buyers or sellers, that means there are no buyers /sellers at the exchange (NSE/BSE) !

Stock NameNSEPurchased onNo. of SharesPurchase PriceAmount InvestedSelling DateNo. of SharesSelling PriceSelling AmountGross Profit/LossPercentageProfit/Loss
Lotus ChocolateLOTUSCHO16 August 2024251946.748,667.5023 August 2024252,484.4562111.2513443.7527.62Profit
I entered zydus pharma and it keeps going down

if there are no buyers or sellers, that means there are no buyers /sellers at the exchange (NSE/BSE) !
I understand that.
ICICI portal ask whether to sell in NSE or in BSE, if you purchased stock in NSE, selling stock on BSE or vice versa will cost more.

My only confusion is why such a newly listed share with ample number of shares listed only had sellers in last very few days and not a single buyer. And reporting not a single trade happened. Then suspicion starts whether operator is gaming the script. Also, there was a notification initially that script was under some watch list between these days.

It is like that only, maybe people were not interested in buying but sellers were looking to sell so if someone doesn't buys then seller reduces price and repost it for selling then it's upon buyer at what prices he wants it....if in that sale range there is no buyer then it won't show and from what i know one can't also bid below the LC of that day or time.

I entered zydus pharma and it keeps going down
I've made a rule to exit at 5% loss because when I averaged titagarh the wait time became much longer, I am still stuck with 13% overall loss. Most of my brothers portfolio is in red but we book profit when ever possible so there is no regret later on.
It wasn't an easy decision to sell Lotus when you can see upper circuit on a daily basis

I keep a minimum timeline of 6 months and maximum depends. Best decision was irfc bought at 21inr in 2021 that too when i was trekking in Nepal towards EBC with thought of long term 2-3 yrs and man it paid of so good.

holding firstcry , results coming on 30th aug

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 11.24.29 AM.png

WTH, Lotus opened with upper circuit then hit lower circuit, I think its time for lower circuits in series. It will be interesting to see the price when it consolidates eventually
These are operator managed shares in which majority of retail investors only end up making losses. No retail investor is going to become crorepati in a few years by investing in such shares. That is also why you never see typical salaried/self-employed retail investors quitting their regular jobs in early 40s after accumulating enough via share market.

These are operator managed shares in which majority of retail investors only end up making losses. No retail investor is going to become crorepati in a few years by investing in such shares. That is also why you never see typical salaried/self-employed retail investors quitting their regular jobs in early 40s after accumulating enough via share market.
Yeah. Here is something interesting from Reddit
I am invested in this. My Entry point seemed good as per my analysis. Will hold at-least till next results.
1724666547882.png

i was into this share thing,,, but stopped due to lack of time and motivation also it required you to always checking news and market

jobs takes a lot of time and also family needs attention...

i was into this share thing,,, but stopped due to lack of time and motivation also it required you to always checking news and market

jobs takes a lot of time and also family needs attention...
In situations like this, you should only invest in Mutual funds. That too in SIP form.
Diverse market investments is a requirement in a growth economy like our with high inflation, without proper social security systems, etc. Especially for young people.

In situations like this, you should only invest in Mutual funds.
To be more precise, most people should invest only in MFs instead of direct share mkt investment because if you are salaried then not going to have enough time to track mkt/shares movements & if not salaried/lots of free time then focus on getting a good job/self-employment first because chances of share mkt investment substituting those are extremely small anyway.

Back