Intel breaks silence on 13th and 14th-gen Raptor Lake desktop CPU instability issues

ROFL
I realize this conversation is diverging a bit, but I wanted to share my experience. When running the P-cores on my 14700KF at anything over 5.7 GHz, games would crash and not accept the higher clock speeds. Modern Warfare 3 was the main culprit. However, everything runs fine at stock speeds. I chose the 14700KF mainly for its cores, which allow me to run many virtual machines.

After comparing it to the 14900K, I found the latter to be overly expensive. I didn't go for AMD because VMware Workstation has its own set of issues with it. Otherwise, I would have considered the 7900X3D. However, at 4K, the CPU's influence diminishes, making performance more GPU-bound.
I think amd just paying legacy costs. There was a time amd were bad compared to intel. They came around. With the x3d processors and other processors in that timeline amd surpassed Intel. It's just better engineering. Intel needs to catch up rather than play bs p core e core and microcoded patches. Future Intel needs better engineering not better pr and propaganda. Crowd is wiser now.

If you use it only for basic day to day operations then you probably won't notice it as it won't put a stress on the chip.
I thus far I have been using it only for day-to-day ops ........ but all this dissection here on TE of Intel's mammoth blunder plus latest NEWS is STRESSING me out each day :mad: ...... It's like me living my life each day at 60 today - knowing my clock is ticking and anything anytime may go o_O:banghead::depressed::drowning: ..... lol

But that applies to every hardware, isn't it.
@Fenix - it applies to all forms of LIFE - Living Creatures by the Higher Power or Human Created Machines - LOL

Out of everything I have written in this channel, along with the facts presented the only thing everyone is looking at is -
But that applies to every hardware, isn't it.
Idk How To Tag This Clash Of Clans GIF

FB_IMG_1722309062628.jpg
I think amd just paying legacy costs. There was a time amd were bad compared to intel. They came around. With the x3d processors and other processors in that timeline amd surpassed Intel. It's just better engineering. Intel needs to catch up rather than play bs p core e core and microcoded patches. Future Intel needs better engineering not better pr and propaganda. Crowd is wiser now.
When the p/e cores were introduced the first thing that came to my mind was "wow Intel can't seem to fight cores vs cores with AMD anymore".
I don't care what anyone says, this whole p/e thing is just marketing in the guise of innovation to me. Even if it might not be 100% correct it still says something about the real world performance issues.

Last edited:
When the p/e cores were introduced the first thing that came to my mind was "wow Intel can't seem to fight cores vs cores with AMD anymore".
I don't care what anyone says, this whole p/e thing is just marketing in the guise of innovation to me. Even if it might not be 100% correct it still says something about the real world performance issues.
Intel failed horribly with 10900K, their only 10C/20T consumer CPU so they went back to 8C/16T on 11900K. To this day, they haven't produced a single consumer CPU with more than 8 actual cores and yet they still failed at it too. They should stick with 4C/8T CPU. :p

My opinion on this is somewhat laidback.. Sooner or later.. they are going to have to take responsibility and give RMA's or upgraded chips!

so just chillout guys..and AMD's has its own sets of problems.

The point is to avoid existing drama. It's proven the intel chips are faulty. Ofcourse there are workarounds. Not always though. But why should a consumer pay for it if there are stable more performing alternatives around. True enthusiasts are not fanboys, wether it's intel or and. Performance counts.

I have always been a intel fanboy. Never bought amd. But have experienced firsthand the difference in performance and reliability. Not talking on gaming and cutting edge levels, but routine reliability. Much less trouble. Much more stable. From my peers

Last edited:
Intel Corp. is planning to cut thousands of jobs to save money and invest in improving its technology after facing declining profits and losing market share, according to a report by Bloomberg. These job cuts may be announced soon, and Intel, which has around 1,10,000 employees, will report its second-quarter earnings on Thursday. link here

Intel is laying off thousands of employees to recover from financial losses and adapt to market changes, driven by a significant drop in their stock price and challenges in meeting AI chip demand. link here

Once upon a time in India ... mobile means Nokia and Computer means Intel.

Is Intel going on Nokia way?

Isn't Intel a very cash rich company, them cutting jobs may be just reconstruction.
They might have got new technologies for their cpus up in their sleeves for future.

It is assumed that they will save 10 billion USD.
The savings always come at the expense of firing workers lower in the chain while keeping executive incentives intact, whose decisions in the first place resulted in the turmoil.

At least they realised that they need to give up on their own failing fab processes and adopted ASML's high NA EUV. However, it is quite possible that Intel may squader that advantage as well if it is a culture issue.

Back