CPU/Mobo Intel NUC BOXNUC7CJYSAMN

For 12200/ after 10% off, ANY ANY DAY BETTER
If you dont have a NUC , have spare RAM , SSD then this is a beast in front of this Celeron
Same is 25k on FK , half at Amazon
Thanks, Got one without 10% offer as i didnt have kotak card. Have spare ssds, need to buy RAM. Yes the price is everywhere around 24K. Thats why decided to buy it. Recently friend bought 6 units of same model from local SP Road blr for some project along with 8GB ram and 256 sata ssd(zebronics) for 24K/each.

Thanks, Got one without 10% offer as i didnt have kotak card. Have spare ssds, need to buy RAM. Yes the price is everywhere around 24K. Thats why decided to buy it. Recently friend bought 6 units of same model from local SP Road blr for some project along with 8GB ram and 256 sata ssd(zebronics) for 24K/each.
16GB for 2550/ Buy that g you are covered for long

Diet pi would be a much more resilient option for those that want to use as NAS. Also xpenology install on this would be crazy considering how user-friendly and capable it is. My only doubt is in buying a handicapped device lol. That processor is really bad. And I have 2 spare raspberry pi 4 already

Edit - even have spare 4gb ram and ssd. Lol

Last edited:
Diet pi would be a much more resilient option for those that want to use as NAS. Also xpenology install on this would be crazy considering how user-friendly and capable it is. My only doubt is in buying a handicapped device lol. That processor is really bad. And I have 2 spare raspberry pi 4 already
These systems are good for headless use. They don't work great with GUI. Same goes for Pi as well. With GUI, it was excruciatingly slow. But once I turned it into a headless system, it was rock stable with absolutely no issues even when running 24x7 for weeks on end.

Can someone post a link for a good power cable for this. I have to buy that also I guess

Go to nearby laptop/computer store and buy from there, I got it locally for Rs 100.

Edit - even have spare 4gb ram and ssd. Lol

sell one raspi 4 and buy this ;) and its not a pie, its whole pizza with heatsink, fan, power supply, case etc

Loaded of ECC memory makes this unfit for truenass. But there is no such thing as you can't
Are you talking about ECC RAM? I don't think this Nuc has ECC memory.

and if you are talking about NrueNAS needing ECC memory, TrueNAS doesn't really say you need ECC

"Most users strongly recommend ECC RAM as another data integrity defense."
"Many TrueNAS systems operate every day without ECC RAM"

This thing should be a perfect fit for a home NAS with Jellyfin and all the arr apps with TrueNAS SCALE.

Go to nearby laptop/computer store and buy from there, I got it locally for Rs 100.

sell one raspi 4 and buy this ;) and its not a pie, its whole pizza with heatsink, fan, power supply, case etc
Hahaha makes sense.

How many usb3 ports does this have? There's almost no reviews for it. Edit - it has 4 usb3 according to intel site.

Also the processor is dual core and is much slower than the Pentium n5000 laptops I got in 2018
It's even significantly slower then i3 5th gen in my old nuc man. How is intel still making such slow CPUs

Hahaha makes sense.

How many usb3 ports does this have? There's almost no reviews for it. Edit - it has 4 usb3 according to intel site.

Also the processor is dual core and is much slower than the Pentium n5000 laptops I got in 2018
It's even significantly slower then i3 5th gen in my old nuc man. How is intel still making such slow CPUs

You will need to define a use case for this, for eg. headless linux machine. Its not for desktop use.

Though its a pizza, its a cheapest basic one and not a farmhouse, Farmhouse pizzas are available like NUC12i5 with 12 cores at ~45k in case you want desktop replacement (30-100 watts), this one at 5k can run plenty of containers and can work as NAS just fine at 5-10 watts

Also another point to be noted is this nuc has no inbuilt mic .
So in case anyone attached a video camera for video conference purposes and used their tv for video calls this will need some sort of external mic attached .
May be OT to most here , just thought I should post this for anyone wanting a bare bones win 11 machine for web browsing and video calling .

Got the Crucial CT8G4SFRA32A RAM for the NUC:

IMG_20230718_143143.jpg

IMG_20230718_143257.jpg

Also, the innards of the NUC:
IMG_20230718_205414.jpg

The default RAM inside the NUC is a single Kingston KVR24S17S6/4 (4GB) stick.

Back