Iphone 4 S Officially announced

Do Indian Telcos provide a microsim if i get an unlocked iphone 4s from abroad? will be weighing up 4s against galaxy nexus (once it releases) to decide.anyone has any experience getting an iphone from abroad and getting a microsim in India?

sumvell said:
Do Indian Telcos provide a microsim if i get an unlocked iphone 4s from abroad? will be weighing up 4s against galaxy nexus (once it releases) to decide.anyone has any experience getting an iphone from abroad and getting a microsim in India?
Yes. Indian telcos do provide micro sim. You can also cut yourself using a cutter which costs 150 INR. Or u can cut using template.

Regarding prime & iPhone 4S I'd chose i4s. If prime had 8MP camera then it has given nice competition.

and Siri FTW \m/

sumvell said:

i got it from abroad last year and just had to cut my sim.use a template or better just get a sim cutter.about nexus versus iphone 4s we wont know until we have seen it.

^^ incredible the number of different responses its giving.apple have really struck gold here and the response times in proper conditions are also good.

bhupatib said:
It was built by DARPA

Siri was developed jointly by Apple and SRI International's Artificial Intelligence Center. It is based on the DARPA funded AI project CALO. Originally launched in 2010 as a free virtual personal assistant app. which could be downloaded from the app. store, it has been pulled from the store since the announcement of the iP 4S.

Read the following articles to know more of the origin of Siri:

Siri

Military-grade artificial intelligence now on the iPhone | SmartPlanet

TR10: Intelligent Software Assistant* - Technology Review

Dont get so excited, advertisements are advertisements, in real world Siri will many times comes up with "I dont understand you":bleh:

Yes right, the advertisements are always deceiving, the real world things may be different.

And i am damn sure that with the Indian accent, however we try to make it US type, it won't understand eventually getting us frustrated.

For the ones who would have difficulty interacting with SIRI, they may give up on the same and will interact with the phone, in usual way.

raksrules said:
Yes right, the advertisements are always deceiving, the real world things may be different.

And i am damn sure that with the Indian accent, however we try to make it US type, it won't understand eventually getting us frustrated.

For the ones who would have difficulty interacting with SIRI, they may give up on the same and will interact with the phone, in usual way.

My flatmate just got the 4S. It doesn't seem to have any issues with either of our Indian accents. There are some words (based on context) it does not capture, but id does work pretty well for the types of things that are shown in the advert.

^^Ok that is good but then if one uses it in India, then with the pity EDGE network, it will take lot of time to capture the information, get it processed at their centralized (or cloud) center and send back the results.

We may need 3G network to make it work on the move (not considering wifi as it will not be considered mobile).

raksrules said:

Siri: Apologies Rakshit but I do recognise and respond to Indian accents. :p

Rakshit (with a flummoxed look): :O I don't quite think so.

Siri: Very well Rakshit, speak for yourself then and watch the video below.

[youtube]TNI_CCDjDHM[/youtube]

Back