iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy S3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singer

Recruit
guys please help me choose one of these.. their specifications sound quite similar and i already have an iphone 3g(Got kinda bored with it).
i will mainly use my phone for music, games(if i get bored while travelling or in a party) and photography. ya i do watch videos on it occasionally.
how is the sound quality on both of it? Please help me with your opinions..

God bless..

and who buys iphone at 40?
those who dont know correct way of buying.

and @kkchhetri01
just superb reply .
super super like.

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

The emmc bug has already been fixed in all the custom rom kernels, so what are you blabbering about ?

you are blabbering and its fixed through custom kernel and not through default.
their goes your latest blabbering.

The emmc bug has already been fixed in all the custom rom kernels, so what are you blabbering about ?

Yeah, the devs learnt that after gokhan bricked 10-15 phones by releasing one of his great custom kernels. 3.1 to be precise. Some were out of warranty so had to shell money to replace the mb.

And what about the Note, US S2's fiasco, when the builds users got from Samsung/Service Providers were faulty and any user trying to do a factory reset via stock recovery ended up with a paperweight.

And Samsung is not alone, happened with Motorola too..

Ever heard of a iphone bricking due to Apple releasing a faulty build?

Ever heard of android play store pushing fault into all the apps users installed?

And it was provided by Samsung not Google. We are saying Android is better than ios not Samsung.

Which can be easily cured by uninstalling only the app. I don't need to go to the service center and ask for a motherboard replacement.. :)

Superb.
Just superb.
And samsung doing highest no. Of android.

And have you ever heard of malware on apps available in app store.

Their were always report of this an that malware sneaking around in android market.

Superb.
Just superb.

And have you ever heard of malware on apps available in app store.

Their were always report of this an that malware sneaking around in android market.

Being a non dumb android user I did not brick my phone since I can read english and instructions. People who were dumb enough to brick their devices would get away from android (or start reading) and into ios which is win-win for the OS and those people.

One guy had actually found a security loophole in your os that anybody can install just 2 security certificates and buy any in app purchases for free.

Seriously this is english. Believe me it is english.
Are you seriously just retarded? I am off this thread. GO babble that THEY have put more malware on android market (according to your assumption about your birth).

Bye. Enjoy bashing android.

Being a non dumb android user I did not brick my phone since I can read english and instructions. People who were dumb enough to brick their devices would get away from android (or start reading) and into ios which is win-win for the OS and those people.

One guy had actually found a security loophole in your os that anybody can install just 2 security certificates and buy any in app purchases for free.
Are you seriously just retarded? I am off this thread. GO babble that THEY have put more malware on android market (according to your assumption about your birth).

It isn't my OS. If you would have read my posts (the avid reader you presume yourself to be), you would have realized that I have both; an iphone4 and a Galaxy S2.

My bashing only began when no-obs started giving expert comments on OS's without no apparent understanding of how the OS actually functions. I am a software engineer with TCS by profession (specialization - Core Java, Apache and VM) absolutely despise people who flaunt inadequate knowledge like yourselves who presume themselves to be experts by learning how to flash CM on their phones.

I can bet that you actually know nothing about how to ccok a rom, leave apart build one. You are one of those fancy trolls who flash a ROM, find faults and then crib in the dev section (after noone bothers about your silly questions in the 'General' section). You are so stupid that XDA made a video called 'Noobs' for people just like you...

You do not anything about mobile os's, have no sense of self respect (a person who doesn't respect himself/herself can not respect others), flashed CM9 but actually knows nothing about it and thinks himself an expert. I may not be a Woz or Gates but I know a hell lot more about Android and IOS than you do.

The truth is you couldn't afford an iphone and hence brought the next best thing. And now are out to prove that your choice is correct. Epic Fail..! For people just like you Apple ran a very successful ad campaign which goes "If you don't have an iphone.. you dont have an iphone", I guess must have hurt your ego..

Malice is never my intent, unless provoked.

It isn't my OS. If you would have read my posts (the avid reader you presume yourself to be), you would have realized that I have both; an iphone4 and a Galaxy S2.

My bashing only began when no-obs started giving expert comments on OS's without no apparent understanding of how the OS actually functions. I am a software engineer with TCS by profession (specialization - Core Java, Apache and VM) absolutely despise people who flaunt inadequate knowledge.

Malice was never my intent, unless provoked...

Exactly my sentiments mate.
Those guys claim that they know android like back if their hand and dot know what is VM

Seriously this is english. Believe me it is english.

If you want to get personal and attack personally.
I can also attack.

First of all I'd like to have the drug OP is having by comparing a two year old phone with a newly released one. And even if he/she is trying then that old iPhone 4S wipes off S III. Why? Because it's a phone which does it job perfectly well, and that's what we need from a phone, not a Quad Core CPU out gigs of ram which are basically a waste as the poorly optimized OS Fandroid can't take it.
If you really wanna see who uses Fandroid, create a topic and ask for their age. I bet 80% would be schoolboys and kids. That sums it up.
There was no comparison between iOS and Fandroid ever, iOS ruled, rules and will rule. The huge number of Fandroid users and manufacturers are in China and India. All those cheap brands using Fandroid just to fool people, kids I should say, will even sell their kidneys to have a Fandroid. Pity huh? :eek: Remember how Nokia ruled the smartphone world for 4/5 years and know why? India, lol. Where people didn't even know there could be another brand other than Nokia and their share just kept upping upping and upping. Now we kicked it and see where is it! That's the pity future of Fandroid. And should be for a rubbish optimized OS like it. That term 'openness' won't hold it for long, as it never did for anything or anybody.
At the end of the day, a humble request to Fandroid users, oh sorry, kids, please get out of your virtual life and get a real one, if you can.
An Audi or BMW can never be competed with a Honda, well definitely kids need time to get that fact.
Good God, hope Hitler was alive and created a group called Fandroid instead of Nazi.

I have been using iPhone 4S for the past 8 months now almost. Here are the reasons why I would like to switch to S3 :

* Bigger Screen
* Better front facing camera
* Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
* Option to customize and use custom ROM's.

*iOS6 is very underwhelming. Siri doesn't work that great and Apple Maps is broken for India.

Where iPhone 4S scores over Galaxy S3:

* Better built quality.
* Better Apps [ Quality of apps is definitely better than that on Android ]
* Better end user experience [ No need to flash ROM's or worry why apps are crashing or if some apps will work or not ]
* Better Camera [ I have tried both the phones and 4S actually takes better indoor photos especially in low light condition compared to S3 ]
* Better Customer Service [ You can't beat Apple in this department ]

There is no point comparing the internal specs on both the phones. iPhone's were never about better internal specs. Its been about the experience and the fact that everything works out of the box. At this point, i would still suggest that one shouldn't pick an iPhone especially when the new iPhone is around the corner.

First of all I'd like to have the drug OP is having by comparing a two year old phone with a newly released one. And even if he/she is trying then that old iPhone 4S wipes off S III. Why? Because it's a phone which does it job perfectly well, and that's what we need from a phone, not a Quad Core CPU out gigs of ram which are basically a waste as the poorly optimized OS Fandroid can't take it.
If you really wanna see who uses Fandroid, create a topic and ask for their age. I bet 80% would be schoolboys and kids. That sums it up.
There was no comparison between iOS and Fandroid ever, iOS ruled, rules and will rule. The huge number of Fandroid users and manufacturers are in China and India. All those cheap brands using Fandroid just to fool people, kids I should say, will even sell their kidneys to have a Fandroid. Pity huh? :eek: Remember how Nokia ruled the smartphone world for 4/5 years and know why? India, lol. Where people didn't even know there could be another brand other than Nokia and their share just kept upping upping and upping. Now we kicked it and see where is it! That's the pity future of Fandroid. And should be for a rubbish optimized OS like it. That term 'openness' won't hold it for long, as it never did for anything or anybody.
At the end of the day, a humble request to Fandroid users, oh sorry, kids, please get out of your virtual life and get a real one, if you can.
An Audi or BMW can never be competed with a Honda, well definitely kids need time to get that fact.
Good God, hope Hitler was alive and created a group called Fandroid instead of Nazi.

I thought you were better than this! WOW

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

I have been using iPhone 4S for the past 8 months now almost. Here are the reasons why I would like to switch to S3 :

* Bigger Screen
* Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

*iOS6 is very underwhelming. Siri doesn't work that great and Apple Maps is broken for India.

* Better built quality.
* Better end user experience [ No need to flash ROM's or worry why apps are crashing or if some apps will work or not ]
* Better Camera [ I have tried both the phones and 4S actually takes better indoor photos especially in low light condition compared to S3 ]

There is no point comparing the internal specs on both the phones. iPhone's were never about better internal specs. Its been about the experience and the fact that everything works out of the box. At this point, i would still suggest that one shouldn't pick an iPhone especially when the new iPhone is around the corner.

Thanks for a sensible post. Build quality is definitely inferior in S3. But then again I don't mind it considering I'm paying almost 15-20k less than iPhone. I can have my phone gold plated with custom body for that amount!
And plastic is going to survive better if you ever drop your phone.
As far as apps are concerned, I have never missed any app that is on iOS and not on android. Never had quality issues with most of the apps.
You don't need custom ROMs if you are using a nexus device. I have not installed a custom ROM or Kernel yet on my nexus. Of course there are many custom ROMS/kernels available for tweaking etc
Personally I'm don't use camera that much. That's why I had no issues dumping my S2 and shifting to galaxy nexus which has inferior camera.
As red dragon (an unbiased iPhone owner) said, customer service is better in US and Europe. It is worse than Samsung and Nokia in India.

* Bigger Screen
* Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

* Better built quality.

Ya, you said it clearly.
Heres something that differentiate btw iOS & android,
It's more about the os ecosystem. When a app is designed for ios, its fw, screen resolution compatibility are very limited compared to the broad world of android. I still have a android phone with 320x240 to 720p resolution with different screen size, different chipset. So it pretty hard for the devs.
One thing I really loved iOS is because of premium apps, lag free & freeze which is common if I customized.

* Bigger Screen
* Android 4.1 Jelly Bean

* Better built quality.

Cant everyone be like this?
Stop defending your own purchases people. I have an ip4 also my friend just bought galaxy nexus and i love that too. I had an optimus 2x as well. I gave up on android just because i didn't had the time to keep updating custom roms. Sure android has its flaws but its a very capable OS. At the same time apple is not that "evil". Sure they are expensive but this alone doesn't mean you should hate it. I have seen noobs going to any level to defend what they own but i thought us forum folks were better than this. Do we really have so much free time at hand? No offence to anyone.

The one main reason iPhone is priced so high in India because of its Hype and also the multi layer distribution channel and monopoly. High end android devices are still priced less than a competition generation of iPhone, no doubt about that and yes android have better functionality in terms of number of features than iOS for sure. You cannot take that away from android. But i am reasonably sure that should apple ever introduce the iPhone directly in Indian market without the likes of Failtel etc then then price would mostly come down to under 40K and this is when people will have to decide whether to go for a high end android or an iPhone.
Even for me who likes iOS but does not hate android, for me too a 30K high end android versus a 45K iPhone (Indian Price) would be no brainer and i would choose android. Even today i am waiting to see what the next iPhone has to offer as i am planning to get a new phone soon, just am not sure whether i will go with which one.
Also it is not necessary that if you are using android now you will never go to iOS and vice versa. It depends on the needs you have at that time and perceptions about an OS change if you are ready to try them once..unbiased.

Can you change keyboard of iPhone? Yes, colorkeyboard
Can you change the launcher of iPhone? Change from springboard to dreamboard
Can you put whatever files you want on the memory of iPhone? Yes, absolutely.
Can you connect to any PC/Mac and put the files on iPhone? Yes, i do.
Can you run simultaneous tasks on iPhone? What for. One screen does one job. But I can run background.
Can you download files from stock browser of iPhone? Yes with the apps from cydia does the job
Can you remove battery of iPhone and put another one in case of emergency? Why buy another battery, better buy the juicepack and charge it
Can you increase memory capacity(SD Card) of iPhone? This is the place where you have decide it first. My question can you utilize 60gig of memory?
Can you put widgets on iPhone which can give you information without searching the apps? Yes, Dashboradx & NC
Can you customize iPhone besides changing wallpapers? Of course yes

Answers on the quote. With cydia, there's a lot of possibilities to go on.

Believe me each os have their different signature.
As for the price concern, I have a better photo editing tools to my cash/current account details on my iPhone. I don't need a lap to sync with my everyday things. For the cash I paid, I was happy. That's what a smartphone. I don't have time to cook/flash roms, all my android device I used never flashed a single rom. I just root to use some apps Adblock or so.

Based on personal experience, I can confidently say that Siri is very poor in recognizing Indian accents, while Google Voice Search actually does a pretty impressive job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back