iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy S3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singer

Recruit
guys please help me choose one of these.. their specifications sound quite similar and i already have an iphone 3g(Got kinda bored with it).
i will mainly use my phone for music, games(if i get bored while travelling or in a party) and photography. ya i do watch videos on it occasionally.
how is the sound quality on both of it? Please help me with your opinions..

God bless..

While there is almost no shutter lag in GN,the 4s does have a better sensor and it shows!
What do you guys think of the sound quality of gs3 compared to 4s?
I find other than the infamous popping sound,GS3 sounds good,but there is still some cpu whining sound in the background,4s does not have this.
Try it guys if you have good iem/hps.

Don't get your point.

You mentioned that there are a lot of possibilities with Cydia which I agree upon. You can always enhance the Idevice using it. I used it and Liked it.

Similarly then you mention that you dont have time for ROM's which is a bit Hypocritical. Because the amount taken in Both cases is same and Android still allows you to customize more than Idevice.

Just came across this post Emptyage — Yes, I was hacked. Hard.
Again I am not taking sides(coz nor Google nor Apple pays me for that :) ) it could be any other device/service for that matter. My points is no matter how many new services these companies provide everyone still needs to do a better job on security.
And guys pls dont get personal here... share your opinion, share ur disagreement to agree on any point, but no personal attacks.

Again I am not taking sides(coz nor Google nor Apple pays me for that :) ) it could be any other device/service for that matter. My points is no matter how many new services these companies provide everyone still needs to do a better job on security.
And guys pls dont get personal here... share your opinion, share ur disagreement to agree on any point, but no personal attacks.

US military uses android for their devices.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

While there is almost no shutter lag in GN,the 4s does have a better sensor and it shows!
What do you guys think of the sound quality of gs3 compared to 4s?
I find other than the infamous popping sound,GS3 sounds good,but there is still some cpu whining sound in the background,4s does not have this.
Try it guys if you have good iem/hps.

Nobody said GN has better sensor than iPhone! I don't know why you are repeating yourself.
As far as music I don't listen music on my phone that often. I have mp3 player for that. I sometimes watch movies or tv shows on my phone as it has a pretty big screen.

Nobody said GN has better sensor than iPhone! I don't know why you are repeating yourself.
As far as music I don't listen music on my phone that often. I have mp3 player for that. I sometimes watch movies or tv shows on my phone as it has a pretty big screen.
I thought you wrote,it is difficult to see the difference in image quality.
In my eyes the difference is pretty obvious.
Everyone has a mp3 player,a laptop/desktop,a digicam!!
How does it matter?

although US army uses android,
they have stripped down all of android and compiled customs version including each and every component to make special hardened version and no one is stupid enough to take stock android and start using it in military.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

how many of you android lovers heard of 2FA?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

iPhone 4S use Sony sensor right ?

it does use sony sensor and for all android lovers out here.
for your kind information all android camera improvements in hardware design came after 4S launch.
prove me wrong .

HTC one X and your beloved s3 got their camera improvements after iPhone 4S pioneered with its improved optics.

now who copied who?

although US army uses android,
they have stripped down all of android and compiled customs version including each and every component to make special hardened version and no one is stupid enough to take stock android and start using it in military.

---------- Post added at 04:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

how many of you android lovers heard of 2FA?

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 PM ----------

it does use sony sensor and for all android lovers out here.
for your kind information all android camera improvements in hardware design came after 4S launch.
prove me wrong .

HTC one X and your beloved s3 got their camera improvements after iPhone 4S pioneered with its improved optics.

now who copied who?

Oh yeah, burst shots copied from iphone and still image while in video recording is copied from iphone... What else?

I am talking about camera hardware improvements and from where you are connecting two different arguments.

hardware is optics,sensors and processing chip and what you talking about is software improvements.

just for sake of argument eh?

Oh, so you moved from software copy biz to hardware copy biz? So no one else should use sony sensor if Apple decided to use? In future if apple release 4.7" screen phone, then it means, apple copied from HTC or Samsung? From where they got wifi hot spot or tethering? What logic you are bringing now?

This is getting boring now. I've run out of popcorn :(
Lets try a fun exercise - adaneam, @msankadi or anyone else, you list down 20 points in which the iPhone 4S is better than the S3. Make 10 points for stock iPhone, and 10 for a JB'ed device. pratikb, you do the same for the opposite :D

If you can't come up with any points at all, you are obvious fanboys and should be henceforth ignored :p

Last edited by a moderator:
You mentioned that there are a lot of possibilities with Cydia which I agree upon. You can always enhance the Idevice using it. I used it and Liked it.

Similarly then you mention that you dont have time for ROM's which is a bit Hypocritical. Because the amount taken in Both cases is same and Android still allows you to customize more than Idevice.

You forget something. For me, tweaking the ios is better compared to android. For example,
1.jailbreak the device
2.cydia will be the first after jailbreak. Just add the source.
3.install whatever tweaks that you need. That's all.
If anything goes wrong, uninstall it. Or if at any dead spot, just a simple restore does the job. No worries, no fear of brick. I don't need a lot of jargons or keep on reading xda for others results.

When it comes to android, I have to check up others results, downloading a couple of roms, taking precaution reading and have the fear of bricking the device. The Thing is, I should contribute my time on it which is not nessary with ios. But these brings the results of exploiting the android device to maximum extend.

I'm using an iPhone 4s, LG nitro HD and a spare S2. But 90% of my usage is iPhone. And my iPhone is tweaked to Max and does a great job to me.

I read last time in engadget or similar sites that a stripped down(without camera module) version of iPhone is provided for us army for greater security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back