iPhone 4s vs Samsung Galaxy S3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singer

Recruit
guys please help me choose one of these.. their specifications sound quite similar and i already have an iphone 3g(Got kinda bored with it).
i will mainly use my phone for music, games(if i get bored while travelling or in a party) and photography. ya i do watch videos on it occasionally.
how is the sound quality on both of it? Please help me with your opinions..

God bless..

hm.. i dont have printer in my home.. nor my workplace printer is wifi enabled... And most of the time i take printouts from XEROX shops or internet cafes :) i referred these as printing shops.

Flash is outdated technology my friend. JellyBean does not have flash support and nor will any future versions..
How can be flash outdated,, if facebook, gtalk and many bank sites still prefer it to html5..
Any technology is called outdated only when the better successor is used by 90% of people..
But , flash is still being used by 80% of people..and html5 by a very few..
so, my friend flash is still prevailing..

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

I don't know how it works but i play youtube and dailymotion videos on my iPad 2 using chrome browser (inside the browser i mean).

I feel there should be a dedicated sticky thread for mobile OS wars :p May be in GT section. It will be fun.

It not just about videos..also, facebook messenger and gtalk dont work on ios....

How can be flash outdated,, if facebook, gtalk and many bank sites still prefer it to html5..
Any technology is called outdated only when the better successor is used by 90% of people..
But , flash is still being used by 80% of people..and html5 by a very few..
so, my friend flash is still prevailing..

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

It not just about videos..also, facebook messenger and gtalk dont work on ios....

I don't really use gtalk but i know i have once used it using an app called VTOK or something. It even had video calls between gtalk users. I did try that. For FB messenger i believe there is an app.
If you are talking about using them inside the browser, then i am not sure.

@Zero Cool That was not exactly kiddish,but it sounded like a kid with an iq level well below 60(aka idiots/morons)

Just FYI,if you ever visit US,your notion of iphone and rich guy thing will vanish really quick.
Everyone,I mean every damn person has an iphone,even those junkies and hobos there carry iphones!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Yeah I have heard the same. But still this is an Indian technology forum and even if not that then not definitely US centric.

And the people who buy Iphones in India are rich > 90% of the time. Thats not IQ related thats common sense. I am not sure how you can go about commenting on people's IQ. Whats your IQ?

And the people who buy Iphones in India are rich > 90% of the time. Thats not IQ related thats common sense. I am not sure how you can go about commenting on people's IQ. Whats your IQ?
Anyone who spends more than 30k on a phone(iphone or not)is not poor.
As you said,this is a tech forum and people like techboi,zero cool seems to forget that at times.
I am no one to comment on others intelligence,but posts like those make me nauseated,you have a problem with that son?
Regarding my IQ,it is well above average bordering genius!
Does it make you more miserable?

Zero Cool That was not exactly kiddish,but it sounded like a kid with an iq level well below 60(aka idiots/morons)

Just FYI,if you ever visit US,your notion of iphone and rich guy thing will vanish really quick.
Everyone,I mean every damn person has an iphone,even those junkies and hobos there carry iphones!

100 % correct. I see 9 out of 10 people having iPhones here and it does not matter whether the person is someone shopping in a mall, a walmart salesman / cashier, random person on street. Everyone has it.
But that is more probably because people here get contract phones which takes the "initial" price to 200$ or something.

^^True,but last time I went there(5/6 months back)many phones like Lumia 800/3GS etc were available for free under 2 years contract probably with ATT(do not remember exactly the carrier,but there was a huge billboard just opposite our office)

Anyone who spends more than 30k on a phone(iphone or not)is not poor.
As you said,this is a tech forum and people like techboi,zero cool seems to forget that at times.
I am no one to comment on others intelligence,but posts like those make me nauseated,you have a problem with that son?
Regarding my IQ,it is well above average bordering genius!
Does it make you more miserable?

And your posts sound like music to our ears? Son ? I didnt know you were a senior citizen.
Lets have an IQ test and bring our past achievements in it too and lets see who has a higher IQ. Iphone and S3 as the prize. If i lose I will use an Iphone for 1 whole year or if you lose you use S3 for 1 year.

Nah!change the prizes,I already have both the GS3(wife bought it yesterday) and 4s!
What past achievements son?
BTW,why are you getting so worked up?No one talked about your IQ here.
Oh!I see!you were the person who was teaching us noobs about developing custom ROMs and wanted us to UNDERSTAND Android!
Sorry sir!My sincere apologies!!

To each his own...buy a phone that suits your personal taste, don't say other OS is bad but say what is good in the OS you are using. No OS is perfect and probably never will be.

Nah!change the prizes,I already have both the GS3(wife bought it yesterday) and 4s!
What past achievements son?
BTW,why are you getting so worked up?No one talked about your IQ here.
Oh!I see!you were the person who was teaching us noobs about developing custom ROMs and wanted us to UNDERSTAND Android!
Sorry sir!My sincere apologies!!

^^ Nice sarcasm. Doesnt change any facts though.

Zero Cool That was not exactly kiddish,but it sounded like a kid with an iq level well below 60(aka idiots/morons)

Sad but true bro, I've read about people buying it on contract and not being able to pay repair fees should the phone get damaged after the warranty period is over.

I knew somebody is gonna be vexed at this comment and I don't blame you at all, after all it was Kiddish. (And I warned you about that :))

---------- Dont flame bro, take this as a joke......nothing much----------

BTW, all in all did any of you ever have a run in with Apple Care (regarding warranty issues)?

The superb warranty that Apple offers on the iPhone is simply kick ass ...... I remember switching my iPhone 3G at least 3 times with a new phone (no questions asked) at apple care during the warranty period. Now who allows you to do that?

My Dad recently messed up his Nokia (within warranty) & the punks at Nokia scratched his phone while trying to repair it. At Apple, they simply replace your old phone with a new one......no questions asked.

Can you imagine using this to your advantage? I always get a new iPhone from apple care in its 11th month of warranty. In fact the extended warranty even covers 3 accidents due to your personal negligence (like dropping it on a hard surface & cracking the glass).

Plus, the subsidies that you get from Airtel or Aircel also reduce the price hit by a large margin.

Apple care is nothing but insurance for your phone. The only difference is that they charge it in the price of product so you dont feel the pinch. The smart consumer feel happy that they have looted Apple care( the fact is just reverse of that). :)

Sad but true bro, I've read about people buying it on contract and not being able to pay repair fees should the phone get damaged after the warranty period is over.

I knew somebody is gonna be vexed at this comment and I don't blame you at all, after all it was Kiddish. (And I warned you about that :))

---------- Dont flame bro, take this as a joke......nothing much----------

BTW, all in all did any of you ever have a run in with Apple Care (regarding warranty issues)?

The superb warranty that Apple offers on the iPhone is simply kick ass ...... I remember switching my iPhone 3G at least 3 times with a new phone (no questions asked) at apple care during the warranty period. Now who allows you to do that?

My Dad recently messed up his Nokia (within warranty) & the punks at Nokia scratched his phone while trying to repair it. At Apple, they simply replace your old phone with a new one......no questions asked.

Can you imagine using this to your advantage? I always get a new iPhone from apple care in its 11th month of warranty. In fact the extended warranty even covers 3 accidents due to your personal negligence (like dropping it on a hard surface & cracking the glass).

Plus, the subsidies that you get from Airtel or Aircel also reduce the price hit by a large margin.

If I'm paying 45,000 rupees for my phone, I would want it replaced rather than repaired even for a minor fault!

---------- Post added at 10:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Apple care is nothing but insurance for your phone. The only difference is that they charge it in the price of product so you dont feel the pinch. The smart consumer feel happy that they have looted Apple care( the fact is just reverse of that). :)
haha well said...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back