Budget 21-30k ITX build

kuduku

Skilled
  1. What is your budget?
    • 25-35kK
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • PSU - Corsair CX430
    • SSD - Samsung 860 EVO + 2TB HDD
    • Processor - Core i5 Sandy Bridge
    • RAM - Kingston Fury 8GB
    • Motherboard: Asrock H97M pro4
    • Case - Corsair N200
    • fans - Corsair AF120 x2
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • PSU - Corsair CX430 , can change also if new build requires it
    • SSD - Samsung 860 EVO
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • Any Processor (AMD or Intel)
    • RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2666
  5. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Online/offline
  6. Would you consider buying a second-hand hardware from the TE market
    • No
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Browsing , Powerpoint , Word & Zoom classes
    • Media Consumption
  8. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • No games , Have PS4
  9. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. 1920x1080 for everything
  10. Are you looking to overclock?
    • No
  11. Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
    • Windows 10 64 bit
Have gone through this thread - https://techenclave.com/threads/looking-to-build-a-cheap-itx-pc.194612/
If ITX build goes too expensive can go for M-ATX build also . Basically just want a small form factor PC .
Already have a laptop & NUC but want to upgrade this . Will be used occasionally
Old configuration is DDR3 so something new with DDR4 which can be used . Nothing else but upgrade kink.....
Very less chances of going for any upgrades in future

Do you already have Cooler master N200 & want to change it? It is not clear if you need a new Case as well or just a Processor & RAM. If you are getting a new processor, you'll also require a new motherboard. Assuming you'll need all 4 components you can probably go for the following configuration:

1. CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G ~ 14k
2. Motherboard Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming ITX AC ~ 11k
3. RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3000MHz CL15 16GB (8GBx2)~ 5.3k.
4. Case: SilverStone SG13 ~ 4k

Or you can also replace the above CPU with a better CPU + external GPU combo as below. This will increase your budget by 8k but will be a significant step up if you are into gaming.
CPU: Ryzen 3 3100 ~ 9k
GPU: Zotac GTX 1650 OC 4GB ~ 13k

PS: You'll need to check clearances beforehand for things like CPU cooler height & HDD & SSD storage options w.r.t SG13. Please do that before finalizing anything.

Do you already have Cooler master N200 & want to change it? It is not clear if you need a new Case as well or just a Processor & RAM. If you are getting a new processor, you'll also require a new motherboard. Assuming you'll need all 4 components you can probably go for the following configuration:

1. CPU: Ryzen 5 3400G ~ 14k
2. Motherboard Asrock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming ITX AC ~ 11k
3. RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3000MHz CL15 16GB (8GBx2)~ 5.3k.
4. Case: SilverStone SG13 ~ 4k

Or you can also replace the above CPU with a better CPU + external GPU combo as below. This will increase your budget by 8k but will be a significant step up if you are into gaming.
CPU: Ryzen 3 3100 ~ 9k
GPU: Zotac GTX 1650 OC 4GB ~ 13k

PS: You'll need to check clearances beforehand for things like CPU cooler height & HDD & SSD storage options w.r.t SG13. Please do that before finalizing anything.
Thanks
A new ITX case is also required . Felt N200 is big . And all 4 components you refereed gets upgraded
Graphics card upgrade not required as no gaming
usage -Multimedia, MS office and Zoom
And isnt 3100 enough for my needs ? Or 3400G gives me future proofing ?

Thanks
A new ITX case is also required . Felt N200 is big . And all 4 components you refereed gets upgraded
Graphics card upgrade not required as no gaming
usage -Multimedia, MS office and Zoom
And isnt 3100 enough for my needs ? Or 3400G gives me future proofing ?
3100 is enough but it doesn't have an inbuilt GPU for display output that's why I suggested 3400g despite it being a slightly inferior product. With 3100 you'll need to buy an external GPU.

I would have suggested you to go with a Core i3 10300 ~ 10k & it should be superior to both the above CPUs in every way & it also includes an inbuilt GPU. But I can't seem to find any supporting ITX motherboard for it. You'll need to go with an H410 chipset based motherboard with it. See if you can source that from somewhere & you are golden. Else the above suggested setup should be more than enough for your requirement.

3100 is enough but it doesn't have an inbuilt GPU for display output that's why I suggested 3400g despite it being a slightly inferior product. With 3100 you'll need to buy an external GPU.

I would have suggested you to go with a Core i3 10300 ~ 10k & it should be superior to both the above CPUs in every way & it also includes an inbuilt GPU. But I can't seem to find any supporting ITX motherboard for it. You'll need to go with an H410 chipset based motherboard with it. See if you can source that from somewhere & you are golden. Else the above suggested setup should be more than enough for your requirement.
Can you pls recommend a good small form factor case
- https://www.primeabgb.com/buy-onlin...tatus=instock&pa-cabinet-type=htpc,mini-tower
I have a M-ATX motherboard as such , From the above link only SG 11B is M-ATX in Cube form
Anything smaller than my present N200 case ? Planning to make this NAS and media player
This is if i dont upgrade complete but only aesthetically upgrades .
Will wait for some time for hardware to be readily available

Last edited:
Can you pls recommend a good small form factor case
- https://www.primeabgb.com/buy-onlin...tatus=instock&pa-cabinet-type=htpc,mini-tower
I have a M-ATX motherboard as such , From the above link only SG 11B is M-ATX in Cube form
Anything smaller than my present N200 case ? Planning to make this NAS and media player
This is if i dont upgrade complete but only aesthetically upgrades .
Will wait for some time for hardware to be readily available
I think SG 11B is good option availability & size wise. If you want an even smaller case with a different aesthetics, you can also look at SilveStone GD09 USB 3.0.

There are some other options as well listed below but they all seem to be similar or only slightly smaller in size w.r.t. you current case so not much point in upgrading to them.

I think SG 11B is good option availability & size wise. If you want an even smaller case with a different aesthetics, you can also look at SilveStone GD09 USB 3.0.

There are some other options as well listed below but they all seem to be similar or only slightly smaller in size w.r.t. you current case so not much point in upgrading to them.
After seeing Air240 and Core V21 SG11B looks too bland . Air 240 and V21 are beautiful cases
Was even thinking of Node 804 but looks real big infront of others .

After seeing Air240 and Core V21 SG11B looks too bland . Air 240 and V21 are beautiful cases
Was even thinking of Node 804 but looks real big infront of others .
They do look really good. Just be known that they are significantly bigger than SG11B & might look out of place in a media center living room environment.

Update - have ordered Corsair CX 650M for upgrading SMPS. New or old build will use it
case is still pending as was looking for one of the good looking cases but they are unavailable . If still unavailble for another week will buy SG 11B

After a long wait
TX 650M received
SUGO 14 Mini-ITX Cabinet SST-SG14B - Ordered from prime
Processor - Might pick up Amd Ryzen 5 3500 or 3500X
Mother board - mini-itx . can some one recommend a good mini itx in 10k
RAM , HDD and SSD already have
https://pcpartpicker.com/products/motherboard/#s=33&f=8 is showing these 30 motherboards from which availability is going to be another issue
You’ll need to buy a GPU since both do not have iGPUs.

slightly above 10k - ASROCK B460M-ITX/AC

Found it on ITWares and Compify.in - please check if someone has ordered it from these sites or their reliability post Covid.
I had also found on them but as you said reliability post covid so was preferring Amazon , prime or md computers
pricing wise its ok , 23k both CPU and mobo can come
Any other model ?
Ryzen 4650G for close to 17k.
Yes but again issue with itx mobo . Couldn't find a decent one at reliable sites

If you're okay with spending 5.5k on the case then you can get the Cooler master Nr200. It also supports ATX power supplies and a very few mATX motherboards so you'll save some money there.

Back