Jio to Launch 5G on Aug 15

ARPU is the most important parameter for telecom companies. The golden era is over and the industry is an oligopoly now. The costs will keep increasing regardless and 5G helps justify it even more.
Agree on both the points. I can't see another telecom company entering the Indian market. Reliance was smart in it's nascent days piggybacking on Airtel for the most part wrt infrastructure and exploiting policy loopholes.

by Diwali for jio 5G in 'multiple key cities' and by Dec 2023 to every town in India.

Date keeps getting pushed back :bored:

I don't understand this "I am first" attitude when it comes to launching 5G for en masse. Doing a proper assessment of the readiness of their infrastructure as to when they can go live would make more sense.
Or maybe Motabhai's stoking the sentiments in stock market with such statements. What do I know..:greedy:

I don't understand this "I am first" attitude when it comes to launching 5G for en masse. Doing a proper assessment of the readiness of their infrastructure as to when they can go live would make more sense.
Or maybe Motabhai's stoking the sentiments in stock market with such statements. What do I know..:greedy:
He's just being competitive and pushing his company at the same time.

What I want to flag is Jio 5G was supposed to be available on independence day, then it became Sept 29 on mobile congress, and now I'm hearing Diwali.

At this rate, it could well be next year by the time it's ready.

They are just saying anything for the sake of publicity.

He's just being competitive and pushing his company at the same time.

What I want to flag is Jio 5G was supposed to be available on independence day, then it became Sept 29 on mobile congress, and now I'm hearing Diwali.

At this rate, it could well be next year by the time it's ready.

They are just saying anything for the sake of publicity.

I'm wondering what will happen to mobiles that gave out only a couple bandwidth support on the name of 5G.

It is going to be a nightmare once the 5G rollout begins. Handset companies have been selling 5G handsets with limited band support for 2 years now without even a live 5G network. Band n78 is going to the main band but you would need a handset with multiple bands if you are roaming or plan to use 5G outside India. Apple users might be the safest. Used it on T-Mobile in US on a Indian unit and got almost 700Mbps :)

Are you sure Jio is upgrading to 5G I thought they too were piggybacking off their 4G
I was specifically referring to the Reliance AGM announcement where Ambani boasted that Jio will be standalone 5G with dedicated 5G equipment unlike Airtel which will be non-standalone and an upgrade over current 4G.

I was specifically referring to the Reliance AGM announcement where Ambani boasted that Jio will be standalone 5G with dedicated 5G equipment unlike Airtel which will be non-standalone and an upgrade over current 4G.
And he also claimed it's going to be the bestest in the world. Never-seen-before quality.

I think he is going to enter politics soon.

And he also claimed it's going to be the bestest in the world. Never-seen-before quality.

I think he is going to enter politics soon.
He is playing to his shareholders more than anyone else and I suppose they adore him for the zillions increase in the net worth of the company.

Back