Karnataka Elections 2018

Any aspirational class is going to vote for Modi. This means young people and we have lots of them.

Depends on what they aspire for. A class with too much free time to spend on worthless things like caste/religion/nationalism will vote for BJP.

People who strive to work hard and go up in life will not support parties like BJP. Especially given how many lac's of people lost their livelihoods during demonetization and beyond.

a party with a clear leader that commands the respect of those below. As a PM he reinvigorated the office of PM.

The right word is fear.

He needs two terms at least. Expecting miracles when the previous one was hobbled because one coalition partner or the other demanded their share for anything isn't something i want to go back to. This is the rub. he won't get 280 like last time, he'll also be part of a coalition. Still with him at the lead at the national level is better than without.

We are still a year out. Things could change. Manmohan was lucky, it wasn't until well into his second term that people figured he couldn't really do much. Modi won't be that lucky. Since he has a larger presence any failure anywhere will immediately be pinned on him. Already there is a whispering campaign going on but these elections did not bear them out.

I hope you are aware that the "Vikas' platform they have used in the early years is no longer being perused. BJP has shifted strategy since then. There was some strategy meeting of BJP last year where they apparently came to the conclusion that caste/religion politics works better for them and that their core supporters don't give a damn about "vikas" propaganda. So, if you notice, all their focus and speeches since then center around caste/religion/nationalism politics. This is also the time when they made Adityanath as the new face of the BJP and started sending him around to other states.

Depends on what they aspire for. A class with too much free time to spend on worthless things like caste/religion/nationalism will vote for BJP.

People who strive to work hard and go up in life will not support parties like BJP. Especially given how many lac's of people lost their livelihoods during demonetization and beyond.
Forget notes ban that was a political stunt to show that they are cracking down on corruption. You called it at the time.

Its precisely the people who strive to work hard and go up in life that support the BJP. The young from smaller towns who want to afford the things we talk about here and take for granted. They are not interested in immigrating, they want a better life in India and Modi is the ticket to that better life.

caste/religion/nationalism doesn't put food on the table. Not in India, not in any country

The right word is fear.
I don't do fear. I prefer to counter it because a lot of it is exaggerated.

Fear is useful for mind control If i scare you i can get you to stop thinking. Then i can tell you what you should do instead. Pretty soon you're eating out of my hand.

I hope you are aware that the "Vikas' platform they have used in the early years is no longer being perused. BJP has shifted strategy since then. There was some strategy meeting of BJP last year where they apparently came to the conclusion that caste/religion politics works better for them and that their core supporters don't give a damn about "vikas" propaganda. So, if you notice, all their focus and speeches since then center around caste/religion/nationalism politics. This is also the time when they made Adityanath as the new face of the BJP and started sending him around to other states.
This is something that people have told me and is why i don't mind they have lost in my state. And yes sending Adityanath here disturbs people to the point they think they will turn our peaceful state into UP. Siddu laughed this off saying that kind of politics doesn't work here. he's right. There isn't a hindu-muslim divide here like in UP. The only two communities that matter are lingayats and vokkaligas. Every body else is a minority :D

The result of this election is a vokkaliga with external forces defeated a lingayat leader also with external forces. End of story.

Adityanath made his name being a troublemaker. Bad boy image. What's his record since he became CM. I didn't hear too much or less than before he was CM. Did he calm down. What was the content of his speeches here in Karnataka. Anybody know. I'm curious as to what his angle here is because i can't figure out who exactly he is trying to connect with

Subramniam swamy is the one pushing for what you said. But then he is like that anyway. one day he is janata leader, next day he is bjp leader and then the next day he has some other title

It's true their core supporters don't give a damn about vikas but then the converse is their core supporters will follow along grudgingly regardless of whatever the BJP does anyway. If you notice Modi's development line got traction and helped counter the negative stereotypes that usually are attached to anything the BJP does. His appetitie for international travel further added to this. Is this the behaviour of some trouble maker. No, this is how a guy that is 100% business

What was the RSS reaction. quiet, so long as he wins they don't care. This is why i start to question whether ideology matters or power

You know when they came to power there was this thought that we will have to have a frank discussion about what it means to be secular. Guess what it never happened. The moment they try to talk about it the media will go so hysterical, and waste so much energy they won't bother

Pay attention to what they say in the buildup to 2019, what the differences are. If they sense their numbers might be low they will push the communal line but that has limits and could even backfire like it did in 2009[DOUBLEPOST=1526775590][/DOUBLEPOST]See what adityanath said

https://www.firstpost.com/politics/...ces-made-no-difference-in-others-4471683.html

They are crediting him with winning coastal karnataka but the effect isn't as pronounced. He only goes to sensitive areas.

Last edited:
@iPwnz[/USER]
Person is known by company he keeps.

Aapiya Dhruv Rathi seating somewhere abroad and running these stupid videos which you aapiya’s love as if it’s bible gospel.
Answer me this, are you saying that he is wrong? He presents facts fyi. And not just on politics alone. On various topics. Which is why people like and admire him.
You sound like a salty bhakt btw lol[DOUBLEPOST=1526778271][/DOUBLEPOST]
I am waiting for RaGa to open his big mouth and say that democracy was saved due to Congress and JDS.
Where has that guy disappeared to? Seriously lacks some basic features to be a leader. He's not even young anymore so it's baffling what he is doing. Nothing impressive tbh. I thought Congress's recent losses would teach him a lesson. I guess they had zero effect.

Last edited:
Look at his video trend. He constantly abuse the prime minister of country. That is not face presenting. Look at his video’s at time of demonetisation.

Talking about my credentials and you idiot lord accepting it.

My patients accept them and wait for me despite other seniors being available.

And those are from all class of society. So I don’t think or give a damn about what you think about me.
Stop being judgmental about others.

Wow! Reading some of the posts on this thread, it seems the spirit of discussion is dead. Discussions were always about exchanging ideas but people seem to resorting to name calling. The amount of name calling is similar to reddit and twitter. I suggest we should ban all political discussions on TE and stick to technical topics.

Its time to ban political discussion here as this has become just mud sledging rather than actual fact discussing place.
Why you need personal attacks when you have facts.

People resort to personal attacks when they having nothing worth to counter the arguments or frustrated.

Obviously whats good for the goose is not good for the gander. People(?) Like prarik get pissed off when their supreme leader is criticised. But will have an orgasm when the 2/- employee of it cell will abuse Sonia and rahul and entire Congress.

And when provided with actual facts they will either not agree to it or call it fake and Come out with their own version of fakery and fudged data.

Take for example electrification.. They go on and on about 18 k villages electrified and how upa did 4k 6k like that . selective cherry picking. They take the lowest in last 5 year and then give out their balderdash.

Ask him to give a rationale answer when oil was above 100 bbl and fuel prices were lower. And now despite Indian basket being in 60 range fuel prices are at pre 2014 levels. He will come out with how bad subsidy is and all BS. But he will not open his mouth how govt has earned 10.00 lakh crores by way of excise and taxes in past 4 years . and whwre has the money gone ?
In writing of corporate loans for his pals.
7264905d3e30b06ee48dea7a904dbc22.jpg

Last edited:
Is it really that simple ?

BJP failed to poach any because Congress locked them up so well

Let's say BJP did poach some, wouldn't they be automatically disqualified by the anti-defection law

So now you have a party that flouted the rules as well as an MLA that jumped ship. All open and transparent.

How will that sit with the public

Congress & JDS would have a much harder job of keeping their flock intact, BJP's job much easier. Yet it didn't happen

Not enough time or something else ?
If they didn;t intend to poach, then why did they ask for 7 days and why did governor give 15 instead? and why did BJP lawyer say they will get numbers from opposition? :D

Its time to ban political discussion here as this has become just mud sledging rather than actual fact discussing place.
Why you need personal attacks when you have facts.

People resort to personal attacks when they having nothing worth to counter the arguments or frustrated.
I agree. Its obvious nothings gonna change. Now karnataka will be back to shitty roads, shitty infrastructure and everything will be same as before , only this time congress instead of bjp

If they didn;t intend to poach, then why did they ask for 7 days and why did governor give 15 instead? and why did BJP lawyer say they will get numbers from opposition? :D
And don't forget that tv channel where navika asks ram madhava how they will hobble the numbers and Madhava goes " we have amit shah"
And we all know what he meant by that.

The crazy part is BJP spokespersons complaining that sequestering MLA's isn't democratic...

The only conclusion i'm left with in this speculation is 24h was just too little time in which to get people to turn. Not even one

If so then there are two important developments here in the event of any future hung assemblies to inhibit horse trading,
- a show of numbers soon after the results are out and no later
- televised proceedings with show of hands and no secret ballot[DOUBLEPOST=1526808703][/DOUBLEPOST]
Where has that guy disappeared to? Seriously lacks some basic features to be a leader. He's not even young anymore so it's baffling what he is doing. Nothing impressive tbh. I thought Congress's recent losses would teach him a lesson. I guess they had zero effect.
Did you not see his press conference yesterday ?

For the first time he seemed very confident. He has a plan. He's on a roll

Last edited:
If a crime happens openly, but the court lets of the culprit out because evidence is made to disappear and witnesses are silenced, you will consider them to be innocent based on the verdict? Like in the Kathua Rape case which was suppressed and still doesn't have a very good chance of conviction? There is enough out in public knowledge to know that it happened, but not enough for the court to pronounce a guilty verdict.

If that really is the logic you want to go by, then there are no crimes committed by politicians of any party since they never get convicted. Once evidence and witnesses are made to disappear they should all be considered innocent. On the same lines, why do people call congress corrupt when there are no convictions in court?

Legal process does not determine whether a crime has been committed or not. It only determines whether there is any permissible evidence to return a guilty verdict and to dole out punishment. There will be numerous cases where you know directly that wrongdoing has occurred, but will never get acknowledged in a court of law. Just because a court didn't acknowledge it doesn't mean that crime didn't happen.
So your contention is these people be prohibited from standing from office.

My reply was a response to that.

To date nobody has been able to make the case you are advocating

As far as Kathua goes Mr. Pai summarises my suspicions and thoughts about it here.[DOUBLEPOST=1526809252][/DOUBLEPOST]
understandable reaction from the cadres

It's as if Congress just learnt to fight in Karnataka after the last couple of debacles. They are learning a lot from the BJP when it comes to contesting elections[DOUBLEPOST=1526810103][/DOUBLEPOST]

cuss the bride.jpg

lol, what timing

Happily ever after ?[DOUBLEPOST=1526811127][/DOUBLEPOST]
rabbit out of a hat.jpg

Unexpected result

Last edited:
one thing this election did was to unify lots of allies of bjp against it. Many leaders attending like kcr,mamata etc attending the swearing in shows this. Next elections should be interesting[DOUBLEPOST=1526812572][/DOUBLEPOST]
How can it change, if earlier too it was the INC? You just got an extra bonus in JDS.
To be fair, even bjp ruled states have these problems. these politicians man, " I never expected anything and Im still disappointed"

So your contention is these people be prohibited from standing from office.

No, you just don't vote for such people. The law will take its own course and it may or may not ensure justice, but you don't have to rely on a court judgement to decide to vote. The legal system in India is inefficient to the extent of being laughable. It sides with the strong and the influential. The weak rarely get justice from our courts The punishments are laughable and ensure neither justice nor safety to the victims or their families.

As far as Kathua goes Mr. Pai summarises my suspicions and thoughts about it here

It was made political when political and police influence was used to try and suppress it at every level. No, it was not blown out of proportion. It is not a question of religion either. A 8 year old girl was raped and killed and the authorities tried to suppress it and protect the culprits who ever they are. That is all that matters. It would be the same if the girl has been Hindu or Christian. Only difference would be that there would not be so many people trying to support the culprits using all kinds of absurd justifications and reasoning. How does Indian govt's utter failure to protect Kashmiri Hindus justify the rape and murder of a 8 year old girl?

If you want to take a different case, consider the the Unnao rape case as well. It is very clear that the rape happened and that the father was killed by the police and the culprit. conviction is not likely in court since most evidence has been erased. So should you consider the culprit to be innocent because conviction is not going to happen.

Last edited:
Answer me this, are you saying that he is wrong? He presents facts fyi. And not just on politics alone. On various topics. Which is why people like and admire him.
You sound like a salty bhakt btw lol[DOUBLEPOST=1526778271][/DOUBLEPOST]

He is not wrong, but he is not entirely correct as well. I would like more chaps to come and speak, not just against one side. ATM, He seems to be more of an anti BJP person, which is not something which many will take to heart, he needs to be politically neutral.

bhakts/kejrus/chamchas/others, they will try to rebut/ban/runaway/etc against the other others, but the only way out is to educate the masses and take an active interest in politics.

As for RaGa ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I consider myself politically agnostic, here are my 2 cents:

1) When Modi praised Deve Gowda in a rally sometime before before the election, everyone (read: BJP) on twitter/ social media was praising him, that he was the greatest PM (and by extension JD(S)). But when JD(S) decided to go with Congress., BJP members are now heaping abuses on HDK and JD(S) because they did not side with them.

2) Rajnikanth issued a statement on the lines of that it's good SC intervened and asked BJP to prove majority in a day (it was a top story on TOI, that's only how I came to know about it). I recall that till a few days/ weeks ago, Rajni was the hero of TN and Kamal Hassan the villain, just because Rajni had made some slightly pro BJP comments. Now suddenly Rajni is being abused to the moon and back because of his statement. Shows what the party in power is made of and the level they will stoop to remain in power.

And really disheartening to read what some fellow members are suggesting that we do on this forum... to ban discussions because it's not to your liking. Tomorrow you'll ban Apple vs. Samsung or Nvidia vs. AMD discussions because the topic makes you butthurt.

No, you just don't vote for such people. The law will take its own course and it may or may not ensure justice, but you don't have to rely on a court judgement to decide to vote. The legal system in India is inefficient to the extent of being laughable. It sides with the strong and the influential. The weak rarely get justice from our courts The punishments are laughable and ensure neither justice nor safety to the victims or their families.
ok so all you're saying is don't vote for them then

So should you consider the culprit to be innocent because conviction is not going to happen.
Not innocent, we don't know that

But certainly not guilty

Back