Minimum recharge for jio prepaid to keep the number alive

Wait. Doesn't Jio keep the number active for incoming if you have recharged 99 jio prime once a year? I don't think my jio has been blocked for incoming ever. My vodafone still works for incoming without a single recharge in months.

Wait. Doesn't Jio keep the number active for incoming if you have recharged 99 jio prime once a year? I don't think my jio has been blocked for incoming ever. My vodafone still works for incoming without a single recharge in months.
If that's the case I need to check..

prime still exists?
I'm prime too but they keep calling me saying to recharge or it'll be deactivated
I do have 30rs top up balance and 100mb date balance but they still want me to recharge..

prime still exists?
I'm prime too but they keep calling me saying to recharge or it'll be deactivated
I do have 30rs top up balance and 100mb date balance but they still want me to recharge..
Prime vrime is all outdated now. No matter what member you have to keep recharging aka give alms to ambanis!
Mine was prime only and no got disconnected just after 90days. Will never ever be opting for jio again..

Last edited:
I don't know if this is still applicable for new subscription but if you want lifetime free incoming and if you have the network service then get or port to Vi. I've been using it since old Idea and pre-merger with Voda days. Check with your local outlet. I haven't done any recharge in a long time. I still get regular incoming calls and msgs. Problem is Vi network is good only in the town area here.
I want to update this and for Jio.
Because of the really bad network where I am right now, I recently got a Jio SIM. I was assured by the Jio staff that all incoming will be permanent and free whether I recharge it or not.
I don't know how true this is, we'll see. I now have 3 SIM's: Vi, Airtel and Jio. None of them are 100% reliable. Vi barely works where I am (though the network is good in the town near the village) which is why I had to get the Jio. It's not 24*7 reliable but dual sim helps.

PS: went out for weeks because of farm work, sick and lost my forum pw and had to retrieve it.

I want to update this and for Jio.
Because of the really bad network where I am right now, I recently got a Jio SIM. I was assured by the Jio staff that all incoming will be permanent and free whether I recharge it or not.
I don't know how true this is, we'll see. I now have 3 SIM's: Vi, Airtel and Jio. None of them are 100% reliable. Vi barely works where I am (though the network is good in the town near the village) which is why I had to get the Jio. It's not 24*7 reliable but dual sim helps.

PS: went out for weeks because of farm work, sick and lost my forum pw and had to retrieve it.
Why not bsnl if in rural area?

Don't believe what these people say, my brother ported his number to Jio as the guy assured him that he will receive incoming without paying anything. Now after an year he is getting regular calls to recharge else his number will be discontinued.

Why not bsnl if in rural area?
I had a BSNL SIM. The problem with their service is whole the cellular service works well even in rural areas, you cannot say the same about their mobile data service network.
Also BSNL has serious issues dealing with customer complaints. They don't want to register the complaint numbers. I had a harrowing time dealing with them when I had my old BSNL broadband connection. It turned out that the office staff didn't register my complaint officially but tried to fix the problems. Some times they did, at other times they don't. I finally had to approached the Manager who told me to meet the Assistant Manager who then clarified that they had no complaint officially registered in their logs so they cannot do anything about it. I immediately applied for a disconnection but not before losing a month's fee. I made a thread about this here long ago.
Don't believe what these people say, my brother ported his number to Jio as the guy assured him that he will receive incoming without paying anything. Now after an year he is getting regular calls to recharge else his number will be discontinued.
We will see how it goes.

I got a call few days back and haven't recharged, I'll do the same when they stop my incoming
Recharged on 31 March for 14 days validity (119rs) and today got an ultimatum that my number will be dead if I don't recharge by tonight so a roughly after 3 months 10 days (31 March + 14 days validity means - 15 April to 24 July). This is for Jio UP East circle

This is what I do. I don't recharge for a few months until they actually cut off my services. When they do cut-off, I do the cheapest recharge that is 149 bucks these days. That helps me for the next 3-4 months. For example, my last recharge for that number was on 23rd November. That plan expired after 24 days, but my incoming is still working. I get repeated reminders from them. And then they even start calling. When they start calling, from that day I start checking if my incoming is still working or not. I don't recharge until they actually stop my service. Have been using this method for more than a year now.
doing this from the beginning since i dont have a lot of outgoing calls .when everyone is at home toh phone kisko karna hai :p . i miss the balance concpt i was able to was able to drag 100 rs balance for 6 months :D

Back