Moto G launched in India at 14k for 16GB model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple, find out how to save individual vcf files, then use this guide http://unleashthephones.com/2013/12/21/how-to-transfer-contacts-from-symbian-to-android-iphone/ to convert the VCFs into a single file and upload to gmail and sync with google plus.

I did it from Nokia s60(touch) to android. Took 5 minutes.

Thanks a lot mate. I backed up the individual vcf files using an app called Data Backup on the App world and then used the above method to upload them into the single vcf file.

When the cover is shut, the screen turns off. Unless there's some way the proximity sensor is uncovered, there's no way the cover will display what's depicted in the image. Also, the image shows something straight out of an older version of Android (earlier Samsungs). The Moto G has a circular slider.
Suggest you put your money into the original flip cover as the quality is top notch. It's expensive but well worth the price.
You won't be able to view the number etc, of course, but it's a matter of a second to flip the cover open upon an incoming call.

When the MotoG is attached to a PC via a USB cable, it shows up in Windows Explorer. I can't find a option to right-click & eject it ( like for USB flash drives ). So what's the right way to detach it ? I hate to just unplug a USB device.
Moto Device manager installed, btw.

On your device, uncheck Media Device MTP and your device gets disconnected from the PC. Checking it again pops up windows explorer.

Is there a app/widget that displays the charging current for Moto G ?

Like "Galaxy Charging Current" ?

[RUMOR] Motorola working on an even lower spec’d Moto G, could it be the $100 Nexus?

http://phandroid.com/2014/04/18/motorola-low-spec-moto-e-rumor/

"this unnamed phone (Moto E, perhaps?) will come in 3 slightly different variants (XT1021 with single SIM, XT1022 dual SIM, and XT1025 dual SIM with digital TV). If the Moto G wasn’t quite so low-end for you, this Moto G Lite drops them as far as anyone should be willing to go. Here’s a quick spec list:
4.3-inch display
1.2GHz dual-core processor
5MP camera
1GB RAM
4GB internal storage
1,900mAh
Android 4.4 KitKAt
"

Do any of you have network connectivity issues? Although i returned my phone long back, i do remember a couple of instances where the signal on sim 1 would completely disappear for a minute or 2 and then came back by itself. I initially thought it was my network and never really looked much into it.
There is also an official 15 page long indian thread on motorola forums regarding these connectivity issues . motorola seems to think the issues are due to faulty sim slots and improper cut micro-sims
https://forums.motorola.com/posts/027c60e48f?page=7

Any of you had the battery drained almost completely at night ? Happened last night. Once before too. I put wifi/bluetooth etc off before going to bed. Next morning battery charge is slightly less than prev night. Twice the battery has almost completely drained off. No clue from Settings->Battery, it shows screen used 50% thats all.

wish to order right now 8gb Moto.
In hurry as daughter birthday on 23rd. Can I get offline/online? Pl suggest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back