PC Peripherals Need an ergonomic chair

Grim

Disciple
Apr 30, 2012
Bangalore
I tried JFA but couldnt find any good High back leather chairs over there.. rest of the shops mentioned i wasnt able to find (probably bit short of time i was)
Checked Hitech furnitures seemed to have good collection but little expensive than i expected with added wooden design/touch

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Nov 3, 2010
Skynet
Recommend me any good shops to buy a comfortable chair from in Bangalore. Not looking for good looking options, but the ones with functional design to make it easy on the back.

Jasku

Skilled
Apr 27, 2008
I tried JFA but couldnt find any good High back leather chairs over there.. rest of the shops mentioned i wasnt able to find (probably bit short of time i was)
Checked Hitech furnitures seemed to have good collection but little expensive than i expected with added wooden design/touch

Also check out DAMRO, think they have a showroom in Kodambakkam, you will also get cheap stuff in Royapettah (next to Pilot theater), but I suggest you invest in a good chair, as this has to do with lumbar support, and a few extra thousand would definitely be worth in the long run.

http://damroindia.com/office_chair.html

Edit - Let me know if you find anything interesting, I am looking to buy one too, may be we can get a better deal.

cranky

Skilled
Jan 3, 2007
Calcutta, India
FWIW, this is the one I got: http://www.featherliteindia.com/product-gallery.html/executive-chairs/11926.htm

Very comfortable for anyone of minimum 5'6" height (lowest seating position little high for shorter people). Adjustable everything, I got it due to a bad back problem and am able to sit for longer than 30 mins (my normal sitting limit).

Little pricier than I was expecting,but much more comfy than the Godrej Interio offerings. Set me back ~13k.

Reactions: Gannu

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Nov 3, 2010
Skynet
@cranky You bought the Executive Chair - Optima for 13k?

It is out of my budget range, but if it is really good, then I am ready to invest.

Last edited by a moderator:

cranky

Skilled
Jan 3, 2007
Calcutta, India
Ummm, what? No, not the Optima, that's 25k IINM. I linked to the Ergon, the 13k version is the full-fat unit with the headrest (it looks goofy in the pics, in real life it's more sane).

The Pinnacle is the one I wanted after seeing the site, but that's ~40k.

A good chair is not an investment - it's indispensable. I had a cheap 3k chair that I was using for about 10 years, and only after getting into this I realise how much difference a good chair makes. If I want to, I could spend about 6-7 hours in this chair (with breaks every 30 minutes) no problem. I can't do a lazyboy longer than an hour, and a normal chair max 40 minutes. I needed a footrest when I started using the chair, such was the state of my back that I couldn't sit bolt upright at all, but now with a few months of physio I can manage without.

OTOH, my T-Jet offers a fantastic seat in which I can drive for 30-45 minutes on a good day without any discomfort.

blkrb0t

It's Nothing Personal
Skilled
Nov 3, 2010
Skynet
Seems a bit costly, but if I can't find it elsewhere in Bangalore, then this is the option to choose. Any other shops in Bangalore where I can try my luck?

Jasku

Skilled
Apr 27, 2008
Ummm, what? No, not the Optima, that's 25k IINM. I linked to the Ergon, the 13k version is the full-fat unit with the headrest (it looks goofy in the pics, in real life it's more sane).

The Pinnacle is the one I wanted after seeing the site, but that's ~40k.

A good chair is not an investment - it's indispensable. I had a cheap 3k chair that I was using for about 10 years, and only after getting into this I realise how much difference a good chair makes. If I want to, I could spend about 6-7 hours in this chair (with breaks every 30 minutes) no problem. I can't do a lazyboy longer than an hour, and a normal chair max 40 minutes. I needed a footrest when I started using the chair, such was the state of my back that I couldn't sit bolt upright at all, but now with a few months of physio I can manage without.

OTOH, my T-Jet offers a fantastic seat in which I can drive for 30-45 minutes on a good day without any discomfort.

I couldn't agree more, I made the same mistake while in school / college sitting for ages on a not so lumbar friendly chair, and have back issues, so please do spend on whatever necessary on a decent chair, also try not to sit for prolonged periods, get up get some water or whatever. I know its not easy when you are busy saving the world, but definitely make an effort.

@cranky - yes that chair looks awkward, what about an exec chair with cushioning?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuantum

Adept
Nov 12, 2006
Nagpur
FWIW, this is the one I got: http://www.featherliteindia.com/product-gallery.html/executive-chairs/11926.htm

Very comfortable for anyone of minimum 5'6" height (lowest seating position little high for shorter people). Adjustable everything, I got it due to a bad back problem and am able to sit for longer than 30 mins (my normal sitting limit).

Little pricier than I was expecting,but much more comfy than the Godrej Interio offerings. Set me back ~13k.

Featherlite by Bajaj Innovations offer warranty on their chairs. After hectic negotiation I was able to get a discount of Rs.2500 on Optima :)

cranky

Skilled
Jan 3, 2007
Calcutta, India
25k was a guess. I never asked for the price, so not really sure what it actually was. I pointed that out in that post itself. Sorry if that causes confusion.

Ergon with headrest - 13k

Pinnacle - 40k

Optima ???? Guessing 25k as it is between these two in product stack.

whatsinaname

Skilled
Apr 18, 2007
Does Staples in India not carry chairs? I have seen them carry decent options in the US.

If you are looking at spending 40k, you might as well look at the Herman Miller Aeron and Celle.

indy1811

Skilled
Dec 24, 2006
Seems a bit costly, but if I can't find it elsewhere in Bangalore, then this is the option to choose. Any other shops in Bangalore where I can try my luck?

Featherlite has loads of computer chairs. I got one for myself around a year ago. Still going strong.

I got the one in the middle for 12k. The other two were for 9k.

Tinbed

Disciple
May 2, 2005
I have a Featherlite too. But its the one with the mesh back and not leather. Going just great. It cost me around 3.5k and its been like 3 years now.

Its the one in the middle.

CONTACT(1).jpg