Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Discussion Thread

I cannot take it anymore either EA or another co making fun of another nfs series. Nfs has already lost it charm.
indifferent14.gif

If they want then they need to be pretty serious about nfsmw2 if they really want to gain trust of nfs lovers all round the globe.
1ign13.gif
Else it will be another fuss made out of themselves. The original concept should be retained as like nfsmw and they should add good graphics, cars, more action, climate changes like recent hot pursuit and anything good they can think about, the game should be big enough to be enjoyed and not just some short movie which ends in 2-3 hours like the recent nfs....... and last but not least, after game completion, in free run there should be cop action as like original nfsmw. This what lacked in hot pursuit.
123.gif

Lol. Same question i would like to ask. Its score was 8/10. Thats better than the RUN and other previous titles like Shift and Shift 2.

Or are you saying About Shift and Shift 2?

Are you sure you are referring to Hot Pursuit 2010 and not The Run here?
scared14.gif

It was one of the better NFS titles I had played since Porsche Unleashed and Underground.

I'm talking about 2010 game. See, the thing is you can't really compare any of those games to NFS2010 because they're all different in core gameplay. Like Shift/Prostreet are track racing, Porsche Unleashed is arcade but with career/challenge elements, Underground is open world street racing., etc.

HP2010 sucked cause the focus was on having fun rather than actually racing, which felt a lot like Burnout. The catch-up system was terrible, car handling was even worse and the ridiculous weapons system made it feel stupid. The over-the-top menu animations felt out of place and the tracks were dull and boring. The ONLY thing good about the game was incredible number of cars, everything else was terrible. As a NFS fan playing from the NFS1 days, this felt like a joke. The older HP2 was far more interesting, fun and challenging.

I'm talking about 2010 game. See, the thing is you can't really compare any of those games to NFS2010 because they're all different in core gameplay. Like Shift/Prostreet are track racing, Porsche Unleashed is arcade but with career/challenge elements, Underground is open world street racing., etc.

HP2010 sucked cause the focus was on having fun rather than actually racing, which felt a lot like Burnout. The catch-up system was terrible, car handling was even worse and the ridiculous weapons system made it feel stupid. The over-the-top menu animations felt out of place and the tracks were dull and boring. The ONLY thing good about the game was incredible number of cars, everything else was terrible. As a NFS fan playing from the NFS1 days, this felt like a joke. The older HP2 was far more interesting, fun and challenging.

The slingshot AI in HP 2010 was a downer, agreed. But was that not the case for the recent NFS titles as well? The cops hunt you down too quickly despite evading the road blocks and the AI opponents overtake you too soon after a wreck. I somehow loved the car handling in the game - it was very challenging needless to say. I am sure some of them who managed to complete the game recalls the McLaren F1 race on the ice laden mountainous terrain with so many hair pin bends? And yet some of us managed to nail it down to rake a gold in that track. Coming from the sucky Undercover that released before, HP 2010 felt like a welcome change.

If MW 2 makes a comeback in the true sense, it shall or rather will retain all the notable aspects of MW - cop chases, open-world street racing, car modifications, a good lineup of cars covering all the ranges - muscles, tuners and exotics etc. to name a few. Plus include the Autolog system for MP matchmaking and social networking. All we want is Criterion (and not EA Blackbox!) to develop it. Because their last releases have been extremely well received. And to top it all HP 2010 was by far the most well received title in the franchise closely followed by HP 2. It earned them several accolades including a BAFTA award!

Need for Speed: Most Wanted - Discussion Thread

New 'Need for Speed: Most Wanted' announced by Electronic Arts

Electronic Arts has announced that it will reveal a new Need for Speed: Most Wanted game at E3.

The first screenshot of the previously-rumored game has been released ahead of its official unveiling during EA's pre-E3 press conference on June 4.

34089979.jpg

The new Most Wanted will be developed by Criterion Games, who previously worked on Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and the Burnout series.

The publisher has so far only referred to the new title as Most Wanted, making it unclear whether it is intended as a reboot to the 2005 racing game or a sequel.

Source: Digital Spy

IMO,The reason why the original is a hit because it does not have off roading and a great AI . Even with a not so great car anyone can win a race with good driving skills.

I couldn't defeat Razer in original MW. :( Wasn't able to clear the last bounty to be eligible for the blacklist 1 (Razer).

NFS:MW>NFS2>NFS;Hot pursit>NFS:CARBON
would be great if it deserves the sequel.
hope it dosent flop like the rest.
time to steer up the lust.

Back