Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) - Discussion Thread

Would have been happier with Underground 2 reboot, but this will do just fine.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

^Amen to that! If it is Criterion, it is a definite WIN! :D

Please please bring back the free roam, cop chases and pursuits, car modifications and the awesome soundtracks!

You know you can't forget the opening soundtrack of Most Wanted:

For the first time, a Most Wanted sequel!!! Literally, this one's going to be the most wanted.

And I'm glad criterion is on it, cause I simply "loved" the NFS:HP. Well, maybe cause I played multiplayer with friends most of the time, and single player wasn't boring to me either.

I have always loved the way NFS keeps it's genres seperated.
All Hot pursuits were similar HP1, HP2, HP with loads of catch-up, fast cars, exotic-scenery and weather, time-runs, spike strips and copters.
The underground 1 & 2 were slightly different to each other in physics but very similar in concept: Night-street racing, and customization.
Porche Unleashed >> Carbon > Run >> Undercover, were one-off games having something unique.
Shift 1, 2, and Pro-street being the saddest attempts of EA to pull off NFS simulation.

And the Most wanted was a beautiful mix of underground's open world and customization, spiced up with Hot pursuit's sceneries and chases. The one that majority of players around the world liked and some still play. (Check gameranger to realize how many players are still playing it since 7 years)

So it will be a huge pressure on Criterion and EA's shoulders to pull off this one correctly. It's just like innovating something superb like BMW M3 and then making current the current M3 even better.

I don't think it will be able to live up the expectations :( Don't like the burnout style takeout components added in the gameplay video. Nor do i like the stock cars, and the physics seem messed up too. And why so much nitrous!!! :( Need another gameplay video.

Lol they sneaked in a burnout paradise title with cops and called it Most Wanted. I need an underground sequel or Road rash reboot to get me back into racing now :p

Yep. I don't really fancy that engine. I had my share of issues with Battlefield 3, both with my HD4850 and 560Ti. So I'm not too optimistic for games based on this engine.

Yes, i have had my issues with BF3, but not with NFS THE RUN which also had the same engine.

A friend of mine told me that overclocking my i5 760 to near 4 GHz would solve the issue.

Trailer is a bit of a let-down. But even if the game doesn't recreate the style of the original MW, I bet Criterion will still come up with something totally awesome. I really liked Hot Pursuit. :eek:hyeah:

Back