Budget 90k+ Need Recommendations for Value For Money Gaming PC

Prices you got?

For gamers I will recommend a good gaming 1440p 144Hz monitor over 4K 60Hz because of stuff like VRR (gsync/freesync), response time & colours (some cheap 4K monitors are not as good) as well, other than refresh rate. I personally play SP games at 70+fps, why 70 because it helps me keep the 1% low fps near 60fps or above.

VRR - once you get used to it, tough to go back, unless you use v sync to lock fps to say 60, where you know your rig can output higher than 60fps for 1% low. In this case, why not savour the extra smoothness of 70-80fps.

144Hz - Again, once you get used to this, tough to get back. Most gamers will have games that can run at 100+fps on a mid-range rig. So when that is possible, why not use it? For FPS games, 100fps looks very smooth & try to get that. Also for normal browsing & all, it looks smooth. I have 165Hz monitor & my phone is 120Hz. My office laptop at 60Hz looks laggy to me. Jumping from 60Hz to 144Hz is more prominent than jumping from 144Hz to 240Hz (diminishing returns).

27" 1440p has enough ppi for most. Monitors like Acer XV272U KV at 25k are an excellent value for money choice for gamers easily. With time, 4K 120/144Hz monitors will get cheaper. 4 years back, 1080p 144Hz was 20-22k.
Most of the parts were brought from my preferred local store..
approx 15.3 for the CPU
12K for the Mobo
8.7 for the RAM
8.4 for the SSD (980 pro - 1tb)
6k for the PSU
41 or 42 for the GPU

case was ordered from electrobot - and it turned out to be a brilliant one. The other morning , my CPU was idling at 15- 20C (granted its winter but this is in Pune, not himachal ..lol)

As for the frame rate debate, as mentioned earlier, i won't get too deep into it :)
Although I will maintain that while 30fps will look choppy to most people, it starts improving significantly past that point.
60fps is kind of the sweet spot beyond which most non-competitive gamers will derive minimal progressive gain.

On the other hand, the same game running at 1080p vs 1440p vs 2160p will look significantly better at 2160p to almost everyone.
Thats the reason I said 2160p/60 is my strong;y preferred target

Last edited:
ASUS KO GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2 OC Edition (OEM),This card IMHO is very underrated,as i have been told that cooling ,components used are on par with some of the much expensive 3070s,performance should be on par with majority of the oc cards,just make sure to enquire about the warranty on these before buying.

ASUS KO GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2 OC Edition (OEM),This card IMHO is very underrated,as i have been told that cooling ,components used are on par with some of the much expensive 3070s,performance should be on par with majority of the oc cards,just make sure to enquire about the warranty on these before buying.
Depends on cost. As a user of RTX 3070 myself, at current price of 48-50k for 3070, I will rather sacrifice 10% performance & get 6700XT for 35k.

Depends on cost. As a user of RTX 3070 myself, at current price of 48-50k for 3070, I will rather sacrifice 10% performance & get 6700XT for 35k.
If you are someone who doesn’t care much about ray tracing,than 6700XT is a fair choice,in fact just back in September mdcomputers were offering 6700XT for as low as 30k(with certain terms and conditions),that kind of price Would make it a clear winner.

Arctic P12 PWM PST A-RGB Cabinet Fan (White)
This isn't available in entire Nehru Place. Checked all the prominent shops.
Also no one has a single case fan. They're all forcing me to buy a 3 pack kit.
So I'll have to buy 3 pack kit of either of these available two options:
1. Deepcool CF120 Plus ARGB White Case Fan
2. Lian Li ST 120 ARGB White ARGB Case Fan
Which would be better out of these two?

@OMEGA44-XT They come with a hub included so I won't need to buy a separate fan hub right?

Also the optimal fan configuration would be
1. 3 intake ( At the front of case)
2. 3 outtake ( 1 at rear + 2 at the top of case)
Right?

This isn't available in entire Nehru Place. Checked all the prominent shops.
Also no one has a single case fan. They're all forcing me to buy a 3 pack kit.
So I'll have to buy 3 pack kit of either of these available two options:
1. Deepcool CF120 Plus ARGB White Case Fan
2. Lian Li ST 120 ARGB White ARGB Case Fan
Which would be better out of these two?

@OMEGA44-XT They come with a hub included so I won't need to buy a separate fan hub right?

Also the optimal fan configuration would be
1. 3 intake ( At the front of case)
2. 3 outtake ( 1 at rear + 2 at the top of case)
Right?
Which case?

Lancool II Mesh RGB lacks fan hub & i bought Deepcool one for 450. For others, check website, manual & unboxing videos on the presence of fan hub.

Lancool II Mesh RGB lacks fan hub & i bought Deepcool one for 450. For others, check website, manual & unboxing videos on the presence of fan hub.
Just confirmed. The Mesh performance variant comes with a fan hub but the RGB variant doesn't.
Any advice on the case fans?

Just confirmed. The Mesh performance variant comes with a fan hub but the RGB variant doesn't.
Go with these

Attachments

• 9B6523BF-E999-47D1-B02B-F829935C39BB.jpeg
    9B6523BF-E999-47D1-B02B-F829935C39BB.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 66
Arctic P12 is what I bought - I'm not too much into aesthetics, but would never buy stock Noctua fans as those look hideous to me. Whatever you like in RGB should be fine.

In mATX case, beyond 2 intake + 1 exhaust should be point of diminishing returns or hamper thermals if you put too much exhaust.

Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh is an ATX case, comes in performance and RGB variants,performance gets 2 140 mm front fans and a single 120mm at back whereas RGB one gets 3 120mm ARGB fans at front.
In the stock state itself this case has a pretty decent airflow,just refer to a video by gamers nexus.

But the Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh RGB case comes with 3 x 120 mm fans at the front as default.
Do you really need a fan hub though? 3 fans should run absolutely fine off a single header using a splitter.

And yea, unless you want a "complete" look with all slots populated with fans, don't bother with top exhaust fans. The front top exhaust fan will just suck away the air which the cooler will need.

I have 6 x 120 mm ARGB case fans ( 3 stock non PWM fans + 3 Lian Li ST 120 PWM fans that I have to buy forcefully since a single pack isn't available)
I'm also using the AG 400 ARGB CPU Cooler and the MSI Pro B660M-A only has 4 fan headers.

I'm thinking of the following scenarios:

Scenario 1:
3 front intake (Replacing the stock fans with Lian Li ST 120s)
1 rear exhaust (stock fan)
2 top exhaust (stock fan)

Scenario 2:
2 intake above PSU shroud (stock fans)

Scenario 3:
Sell the remaining 2 stock fans (But would anyone even buy these?)

Please suggest the best fan configuration for optimal thermal performance.

I have 6 x 120 mm ARGB case fans ( 3 stock non PWM fans + 3 Lian Li ST 120 PWM fans that I have to buy forcefully since a single pack isn't available)
I'm also using the AG 400 ARGB CPU Cooler and the MSI Pro B660M-A only has 4 fan headers.

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario 3:

Scenario 1:

This is what I am running and its giving me 40degrees celsius while using Deepcool Ak400 with push pull arctic p12 fans.

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

Scenario 3:

Scenario 1 is fine, if you make sure you can keep negative pressure inside the case, so more air coming in, than leaving, so that remaining air inside gets out via holes in the case, like near PCIe slot, etc. I went from 3 intake + 1 exhaust to 3 intake + 1 rear exhaust + 1 top exhaust, honestly no noticeable change in temps. I don't even max out my exhaust fans (P12). CPU Cooler is AK400.

Right now I run my case fans at low RPM & just keep everything quiet. GPU barely reaches 70C max & CPU upto 64C max while gaming (max temps, avg is like 65-68C for GPU & in 50s for CPU depending on game). Idle CPU temps are usually in 30s with GPU temps sometimes touching 60C as my GPU has 0 RPM mode.

Scenario 1 is fine, if you make sure you can keep negative pressure inside the case, so more air coming in, than leaving, so that remaining air inside gets out via holes in the case, like near PCIe slot, etc.
More intake than exhaust. Isn't that positive pressure?
I went from 3 intake + 1 exhaust to 3 intake + 1 rear exhaust + 1 top exhaust, honestly no noticeable change in temps. I don't even max out my exhaust fans (P12). CPU Cooler is AK400.
Yup. I've read that after 4 fans, we get diminishing returns and no noticeable improvements in temps.

I would have kept 3 in front as intake and 1 in rear as exhaust if I would have got a good ARGB single fan.

If I go with Scenario 1, won't the 1st fan (at the top) above the CPU cooler suck the air even before it reaches the cooler?

More intake than exhaust. Isn't that positive pressure?

Yup. I've read that after 4 fans, we get diminishing returns and no noticeable improvements in temps.

I would have kept 3 in front as intake and 1 in rear as exhaust if I would have got a good ARGB single fan.

If I go with Scenario 1, won't the 1st fan (at the top) above the CPU cooler suck the air even before it reaches the cooler?
Might have got the term name wrong, but I hope you got the point.

Scenario 1 - it will depend on RPMs & airflow IMO, but some air will definitely exit the case w/o going through CPU cooler. Top exhaust is considered the best place for CPU AIO coolers.

As per my testing in my ATX mesh front case (CM MB520 with MB511 front panel), scenario 1 did nothing but to increase noise and increase CPU temps a bit. I was using a Gammaxx 400 CPU cooler and 3x120mm front intakes. I tried this using 3x Arctic P12s and Deepcool CF120s as well.

Scenario 2 would need some testing from your side to see if it benefits GPU temperatures in any way. Scenario 3 I feel is the best, but the 2 extra fans would be a waste. I'm sure someone would buy those 2 fans though.

Last edited:
As per my testing in my ATX mesh front case (CM MB520 with MB511 front panel), scenario 1 did nothing but to increase noise and increase CPU temps a bit. I was using a Gammaxx 400 CPU cooler and 3x120mm front intakes. I tried this using 3x Arctic P12s and Deepcool CF120s as well.

Scenario 2 would need some testing from your side to see if it benefits GPU temperatures in any way. Scenario 3 I feel is the best, but the 2 extra fans would be a waste. I'm sure someone would buy those 2 fans though.
Or Scenario 4:
3 front intakes
1 bottom front intake
1 rear exhaust
1 top rear exhaust

This is more optimum IMO than 2 exhausts, but doubt if the bottom supports 140mm in Lancool II Mesh. Maybe buy RGB variant?

Thanks a lot guys for all your recommendations and advice, they were very helpful. After a lot of research and consideration, I've finalised the following build:
  1. CPU - Intel i5-12400 - 18k
  2. Motherboard - MSI PRO B660M-A WIFI DDR4 Motherboard - 14.5k
  3. GPU - ASUS KO GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2 OC Edition (OEM) - 45k
  4. RAM - G.Skill Trident Z Neo RGB 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4 3600MHz (18-22-22-42) - 8.1k
  5. Monitor - Acer Nitro XV272U KV 27 Inch WQHD (2560 x 1440) IPS Agile Splendor Gaming Monitor - 24.6k
  6. HDD - Western Digital Blue 2TB 7200 RPM | WD20EZBX - 4k
  7. SSD - SAMSUNG 980 EVO M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD MZ-V8V1T0BW – 7.9k
  8. PSU - ADATA XPG Core Reactor 650 Watt 80 Plus Gold SMPS - 6.4k
  9. Cabinet - Lian Li Lancool II Mesh RGB with USB Type-C Snow White - 8.3k
  10. Cooler - Deepcool Gammaxx AG400 ARGB 120mm CPU Air Cooler - 2.1k
  11. Keyboard - Cosmic Byte CB-GK-18 Firefly RGB Ten-Keyless Keyboard with Outemu Red Switch -2.3k
  12. Mouse - Razer Viper Mini Ultralight Gaming Mouse - Classic Black – 2k
There is also an option of Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3060 Ti V2 OC Edition at 45k. Should I go for it instead of Asus KO GeForce RTX™ 3070 V2 OC Edition (OEM) since the 3070 one is OEM?
Is there still any scope for better components? I've already increased my budget by 15k but cannot increase it any further so please suggest a more VFM lower priced alternative, if you do.

I plan to go to Nehru Place tomorrow and buy all the parts in one go, so would highly appreciate prompt responses.
Sorry for barging into the thread....But will this configuration work for somebody who is just starting to learn data science ?.He has almost the same budget.....

Back