Need suggestions for buying AC

@nitin_g3 i also want to buy LG 1 ton 3 star 2021 model...
i saw your link... and i am little bit confused....
as per mine knowledge...
2021 new model (MS-Q12UVXA) >> Link
have this features
1. convertible 5-in-1 cooling
2. UV Nano 4 Way Air Swing,
3. HD Filter with Anti-virus Protection
-------------------------------------------------
your model (MS-q12YNXA) dosent have above features. dose this mean your model is old ? do you have any suggestion ?

So the only difference between 2020 and 2021 models is that they have added Himalaya cool feature under 5-in- 1. And decreased the IESSR value from 4.73 to 4.70 for a 5*.

Yesterday called few dealers and one of them who I've dealed before told that new models have high price difference when comparing 3/5 star rating where as power saving is almost negligible. He quoted rough price for 1.5T Daikin Split Inverter AC's as 35~36k for 3 star and 40~41k for 5 star so does anyone knows that his claims are correct? if power saving is not much as compared to the extra money we pay?

P.S. Found this

Last edited:
Not sure which place as Rs6/ unit, these days its more like Rs8 to 9+ per unit when you factor in the 18% gst.

The annual units consumed test run by BEE is equal to 1600hrs of AC running. So if you exceed those hrs the savings will be even higher with 5 star rated ones.

I have sun facing room 12×12 and carrier 1.2 ton inverter ac does the job well. I just maintain it at 27C . Best thing is it consumes just 350 to 400w after running at 1 hour.

My LG 1 Ton AC shipped today (by bluedart) ordered yesterday.
they shared tracking number, expected delivery date is : 15 march.
coming from vasai, mumbai to surat,gujarat.
they mentioned that, they will raise installation process (to LG) when its delivered to my house.

Not sure which place as Rs6/ unit, these days its more like Rs8 to 9+ per unit when you factor in the 18% gst.
Dude, goa has 1.4-2 Rs per unit of electricity. I was furious at BESCOM after seeing that.

I was doing some research on LG & Panasonic ACs as well.
Don't know if an ionizer is good in an AC. Some say it generates ozone which is harmful, others say that's just a myth.
I liked the model with UV from LG, it's better than filters that need frequent replacement, but their lifespan is not well known.

I have heard good things about periodic service of LG, no clue how Panasonic fares, MIH as @adder said is highly recommended for build quality but again service is an unknown.

Last edited:
They do use Ozone to sanitize masks like N95 before packaging and shipping it from the manufacturer.
But how effective Ac units do this is a ? Probably should take the below with some salt.

i am researching internet/youtube from last 1 month to choose AC.
some youtuber mentioned that LG's MS series with UVs are's 2021 new models
LS seriese are old models (2019-2020).
2020 model have - Convertible 4-in-1 cooling + HD Filter
2021 model have -Convertible 5-in-1 cooling + UV Nano+ HD Filter with Anti-virus Protection

I have a doubt, hope someone here can clarify. I purchased and LG ac 4 days back which is due for delivery this Friday.
I wanted to know whether it's really necessary to get it installed by the company only? I have a good local mechanic who can install it without any problems and at very low cost.
Its better you contact LG customer service and confirm. I got it installed by the LG guy as installation charge was ₹999 + ₹750 for stand for the outside unit, which was not worth taking risk in case LG decides not to respect warranty.

Its better you contact LG customer service and confirm. I got it installed by the LG guy as installation charge was ₹999 + ₹750 for stand for the outside unit, which was not worth taking risk in case LG decides not to respect warranty.
Got it installed yesterday by a local expert because I needed to get copper pipes installed in the wall plaster. LG guys could have quoted a lot for that. The local expert has already installed an AC at my home in past. So went ahead with that.
BTW I talked to LG installation team while asking for cancellation, they politely said OK and never mentioned that I'll loose the warranty if I get it done by someone else.

Booked LG 1 ton 3 star (MS-Q12UVXA) model >> link
About 28k with discount, there was offer going on Tatacliq with ICICI bank
first time buying from tatacliq. hope everything goes fine ! wish me luck !
around 2.5 years back i bought an lg ac from tatacliq as the city i was in at that time quoted much higher prices (than what's on cliq and my hometown prices). to my horror they didn't provide copper pipes with the unit and i had to contact cs of both LG and cliq and it was an unpleasant experience even though in the end cliq refunded the amount required for the pipes. also the lg service manager tried to dupe me trying to convince that online purchases don't usually include and it's on the customer to pay for it.

other than this i've had only positive experiences with LG acs.

same story.. LG model that i mentioned also not available in my city. local dealer told me it will be available by end of the month at higher price.
It is available on flipkart/amazon(at higher price), but it is not fullfilled by amazon or not assured by flipkart's sellers.. so i have to take risk anyway.
just got delivered by bluedart,
LG 1 ton 3 star , Model No : MS-Q12UVXA
MFD date is 17/2/2021
Tatacliq mentioned in mail, they will raise installation process behalf of me, lets wait for the same.........here some pics
2523 (3).jpeg2523 (1).jpeg2523 (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Back