New audio system...

Nikhil said:
^^^ why?? any specific reason ??? :S :S

@Chaos --- which camera?? Model?? I guess hunt3r's right??

i hate those big boxes that he has on either side of that old table..:cry:

my korean crap looks prettier atleast..:no:

hey chaos what the hell do u do for a living...

vij said:
i hate those big boxes that he has on either side of that old table..:cry:

my korean crap looks prettier atleast..:no:

hey chaos what the hell do u do for a living...

he is head of M$ in India :p ..... :lol: j/k

He is in the R&D section of MS research in Bangalore....

@sandy --- I thought as much it is hunt3r's.....but which model is it??

The speakers are amazing, but chaos is right, his drawing room is too big so the acoustics arent that good. But they sound pretty good anyway. And while listening to anything you have to sit at least 5 feet away from them. Nikhil the cam is a Lumix 3.2 MP.

puns said:
Congrats Chaos , good choice of system ... Pics please :D

Any reason why you went for floorstanders rather than bookshelves ?

No particular reason :p. Just that these sounded really good thats all.

hunt3r said:
The speakers are amazing, but chaos is right, his drawing room is too big so the acoustics arent that good. But they sound pretty good anyway. And while listening to anything you have to sit at least 5 feet away from them. Nikhil the cam is a Lumix 3.2 MP.

Do they need small rooms to sound good...:p

Chaos said:
Naa got a real good deal on the C320BEE so chucked the marantz ;). This NAD sounds better than a marantz anyway :p.

Edit: @smith... no sub required... these floorstanders have 2x 8" drivers.

Edit2: forgot to mention the price... Damn feel guilty for spending so much. 16K for the speakers and 22K for amp :(. Good thing though is I don't have to upgrade for a long long time... especially the amp.
U feelin guilty??? :bleh: when u earn as much as 5 other members here! or wazzat 10? :p

great purchase ya rascal ;) enjoy!! :hap2:

Nikhil said:
:huh: :huh: ?? what break in ?? Do speakers sound better after some time :S :S

Or do you mean,you have to set it up properly and calibrate it yet....
yep... that's why I blasted the Z5500D for around 10 hours just after I shipped them to Jub...
Thankfully they were in my room on the 1st floor with the door closed...
Yep the time is more like 15~40 hours AFA I heard, but could be wrong

^^ Lol

Its more like 80 hours and "blasting" wont exactly help.

Its the lower range drivers that need setting in and if you blast vocal music, your ruining your mid's and tweets ;)

Anish said:
^^ Lol

Its more like 80 hours and "blasting" wont exactly help.

Its the lower range drivers that need setting in and if you blast vocal music, your ruining your mid's and tweets ;)
errr I meant drum stuff, and blasting as in not at max volumes... The woofer was kept at max though :bleh:
understand, I needn't say/'explain' everything ;)

How would the sound of this compare to my setup.

My home theather setup is:

Harman Kardon AVR 130
JBL 260.5 5.1 ch speakers
Philips DVD 625K still running for 2 years
LG 42" Plasma TV the latest model in India (model: 42PX4RV-TA)
Total cost: 2.3 Lakhs

How much of the cost was the plasma and how much was the rest? That looks like a strict movie watching setup not something meant for stereo.

I used this setup for movie watching and mp3 songs cd/dvd listening thru the dvd player. And I also got a pc connected to it thru vga port. Thus the setup is also used in pc games and I record tv on pc thru a tv tuner.

The plasma tv cost 1,68,000
Amplifier 22,250
Spakers 34750
DVD player 5000 in 2004

You actually spent 1.7lacs on a TV :O. You should have bought a better DVD player... something that upsamples to 720p else that TV will only display SD quality picture making it effectively useless. Plasmas are horrendously overpriced in India. A 42" plasma should max cost around 1400$ or so.

Back