New PSP

Sandisk 4g cost about 5500K and the sony comes for 6K at alpha but I doubt they offer warranty there. I am looking forward to buy a 4gb mem stick followed by the psp this week. Want the mem stick first to test the psp for dead pixels. Hope the price for the psp at alpha has dropped now that the official price is down to 11k for the value pack with vat.

@shady_rocker - Yeah, it was 195/-. It is obviously a fake, but I personally have no problem with that. :d

@kidrock - firmware 2.80 or below is the best. 2.81 to 3.03 is alright if you/a friend has a copy of unpatched GTA:Liberty City Stories game. Got a 4gb sandisk original for 3k at buy.com, after using google checkout. Had a friend bring it over from the US. See if you can get that done. There is a large price difference.

whatsinaname said:
@shady_rocker - Yeah, it was 195/-. It is obviously a fake, but I personally have no problem with that. :d

Ohh all right! Buddy check out the Logitech PlayGear Street ...Some site called Gadgetguru.in is selling it for Rs. 1799..Looks cool.. I recently bought a Polo pouch for my PSP stuff (PSP, Charger, USB cable)..though looking for a soft pouch or something for my PSP. :hap2:

I heard from a friend that PSP games are available for cheap from Spencer Plaza, Chennai... Any Chennai mates here?? Please check and respond back.:(

yea i know nows the best time , i and kidrock (as i know) are looking to buy ,maybe more from mumbai ,we could have a go or something ? :p

Latest Prices at Alfa

8200 - Core pack

10200 - Value pack

2GB Sony - 2750

4GB Sony - 5000

Everything comes without a bill and warranty..

I was lucky to get a 1.50 revision

Upgrading to 3.03OE-B was a breeze..

:)

did u get a demo umd with it ?

how much does the remote control headfones cost separately?,

the guy i got a quote for 9k for the value pack doesent entertain on fone so i guess ill most prolly be buyin from alfa

also need 2 look for a good screenguard and a good case for the psp

cant edit

ps.this is what the usb charger cable is like , does anybody have one / seen one , apparently kidrock checked @ alfa they had no clue what it was

image01cr7.jpg

i wish ppl cud answer questions, another one , can i downgrade from say 3.03 OE whatever to 1.5 back if a newer version comes out n then move to that ?

does any of u think its worth getting a PSP all the way from Singapore or is it better to get hold of it here(hyderabad) ?

if yes, cld someone please give me the price lists in Hyderabad

btw is the PSP2 coming out anytime soon ?

SoulFire said:
did u get a demo umd with it ?

how much does the remote control headfones cost separately?,

the guy i got a quote for 9k for the value pack doesent entertain on fone so i guess ill most prolly be buyin from alfa

also need 2 look for a good screenguard and a good case for the psp

They give the demo disc. The USB transfer-cum-charger cable is 95 Rs at alfa.
The best screen protector is available at Ninja traders - 150 Rs. It's from Hori. Pretty good quality. I use Hiori fro my PSP as well as DS. (The one from alfa is decent, but delta more expensive at 400 bucks)

I would prefer ScratchGuard anytime..its for Rs. 450/-

The screen protector can be removed as many time as possible & can be washed in water & again applied on the PSP...I have tried it myself....

Also Ninja Traders is near Manish Market....

hori and capsdance(or somehting) make hi-qual protective screens for psp/ds etc

better buy it from play-asia.com as ones on there are not fake...most on ebay are

and shipping from PA is free to india

Back