Android Nexus 5 thread

U cannot import mire than 2 phones at a time using ppobox (not sure about 2,but there is some new rule).

Also, dhl/fedex might not clear items greater than a certain amount without an import license.. So in short go not feasible.

1 phone per shipment via PPOBox. Although I can consolidate 5 shipments so the total price comes down. The main problem however is gonna be ordering and using the same address. Google might cancel the orders.

1 phone per shipment via PPOBox. Although I can consolidate 5 shipments so the total price comes down. The main problem however is gonna be ordering and using the same address. Google might cancel the orders.
damn, I'm sure we could come up with some fix :rolleyes:

If you guys are planning to buy from the Play Store today, you'll have to act fast. The Nexus 4 was sold out in 20 minutes last year (8 minutes before the actual launch time since it started slightly early) and then people couldn't get their hands on one for a long time.

Google might be better prepared this time around, but expect the Reddit army to be refreshing the page every second (some have even setup auto buy scripts apparently, don't know how far this is true). The launch is scheduled to occur at 8 AM PST which is 8:30 PM India time. Good luck :)

If you guys are planning to buy from the Play Store today, you'll have to act fast. The Nexus 4 was sold out in 20 minutes last year (8 minutes before the actual launch time since it started slightly early) and then people couldn't get their hands on one for a long time.

Google might be better prepared this time around, but expect the Reddit army to be refreshing the page every second (some have even setup auto buy scripts apparently, don't know how far this is true). The launch is scheduled to occur at 8 AM PST which is 8:30 PM India time. Good luck :)
Is it official? They haven't announced it yet, how can they start selling today?

Gadget guru (NDTV) says the nexus 5 will make its India debut tonight
http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/GA...ia-on-31st-october-at-rs-25k-4395782-NOR.html

Is it official? They haven't announced it yet, how can they start selling today?

The phone has been in the hands of carriers and retailers for a while now. http://imgur.com/a/n3GJ2

If sources are to be believed, major tech blogs have also gotten their hands on one and are waiting for a press embargo to be lifted. It appears that Google was saving it all for today (Halloween) to go with the whole KitKat partnership. I don't think there will be a formal event like a Keynote for the launch at all.

Then you have EVLeaks who announced earlier that the phone would go on sale on November 1st. He's usually accurate with his leaks.[DOUBLEPOST=1383212614][/DOUBLEPOST]
Gadget guru (NDTV) says the nexus 5 will make its India debut tonight
http://daily.bhaskar.com/article/GA...ia-on-31st-october-at-rs-25k-4395782-NOR.html
Seems unlikely, but if it does, I'm selling my N4.

Last edited:
Seems unlikely, but if it does, I'm selling my N4.
I'm game for it as well i think India being one of the biggest price sensitive markets is due for this launch since quite a long time, not releasing such a phone to a country which is home to 1.25 billion people would be a huge mistake. Google and LG should realize the huge market existing in India.

I'm game for it as well i think India being one of the biggest price sensitive markets is due for this launch since quite a long time, not releasing such a phone to a country which is home to 1.25 billion people would be a huge mistake. Google and LG should realize the huge market existing in India.
According to LG it will be better off selling its flagship phones since it has much higher markup on those and they can increase the profitability. However in the case of Nexus, it is google who is pushing the boundaries with unlocked models at such a price. So it is up to google to realize the market in India and make a push.

yes, lg wouldn't market it as it will further lead towards cannibalization of its own products
but somebody needs to pull the trigger, i don't know whom amongst the two would, but i want them too

Well with the Nexus 4, LG started selling it 6 months after its release. Prior to that, I think they tried pushing their Optimus G heavily over here. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same this time, especially since the G2 is a really good phone, just pricey.

Well with the Nexus 4, LG started selling it 6 months after its release. Prior to that, I think they tried pushing their Optimus G heavily over here. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same this time, especially since the G2 is a really good phone, just pricey.

I don't think so G2 is pricey at all. Compare it to any other companies flagship. Z1, Note 3, Lumia 1020.

And to top that, I think G2 is much mcuh better phone than all of the 3.

Back