Android Nexus 5 thread

I don't think so G2 is pricey at all. Compare it to any other companies flagship. Z1, Note 3, Lumia 1020.

And to top that, I think G2 is much mcuh better phone than all of the 3.

Definitely. I meant in comparison to a Nexus. This time though, the G2 has better internals.

Well with the Nexus 4, LG started selling it 6 months after its release. Prior to that, I think they tried pushing their Optimus G heavily over here. I wouldn't be surprised if they did the same this time, especially since the G2 is a really good phone, just pricey.
G2 had fallen to a price of 32 k during the diwali sale...and hovers around the 36k mark...so no , not pricey at all.

And the phone is just EXCELLENT, including the stock ROM.

G2 had fallen to a price of 32 k during the diwali sale...and hovers around the 36k mark...so no , not pricey at all.

And the phone is just EXCELLENT, including the stock ROM.

Not a fan of the stock LG ROM, and I was comparing the price to the Nexus 5 which is also made by LG and shares some of the internals. However, the G2 has a better battery, and screen (probably camera as well), so it's definitely worth the increased price. The Nexus 5 will be solid value for money.

Anyway, back on track. Latest update seems to be 11 AM PST - http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/10/31/the-nexus-5-and-kitkat-launch-today-october-31st/

To be honest, I'm not sure how it works. I just clicked the link expecting to go to the American Play Store and see the dollar pricing, but it showed me INR.[DOUBLEPOST=1383243046][/DOUBLEPOST]
Coming soon when :0
People have purchased it in other countries. Maybe we'll have to wait.

To be honest, I'm not sure how it works. I just clicked the link expecting to go to the American Play Store and see the dollar pricing, but it showed me INR.[DOUBLEPOST=1383243046][/DOUBLEPOST]
People have purchased it in other countries. Maybe we'll have to wait.
Yeah because release in India is tomorrow i.e. on 1st November (due to IST timing zone)

Should i buy it , im on final payment checkout page , didnt have to use proxy at all , had an email id with PPOBOX address , using that id ,im accessing US play store direct..[DOUBLEPOST=1383243727][/DOUBLEPOST]Im buying it the moment it launches on indian play store.

well its out in usa for 349$ for 16gb, it has been severely overpriced for the indian market
Well it's still cheaper than similar phones here. The Nexus 4 was launched in India at 26000 or so for the 16GB, and this was 6 months after its official release so it was relatively outdated by the time it got here. The N5 is probably one of the fastest phones around right now. I don't know how much it'll cost to ship it here from the US Play Store, but I believe the 16GB would be roughly 350 + tax putting it closer to 400 USD which is Rs. 24500. Shipping maybe another 2000 rupees. I'm not certain though, just speculation.

[DOUBLEPOST=1383243885][/DOUBLEPOST]
Should i buy it , im on final payment checkout page , didnt have to use proxy at all , had an email id with PPOBOX address , using that id ,im accessing US play store direct..[DOUBLEPOST=1383243727][/DOUBLEPOST]Im buying it the moment it launches on indian play store.
Go for it :D There's a review up on The Verge if you want to read. Also tell us how much it costs totally.

I'm too thinking about importing it instead of buying it from Indian play store. Which one should I use? PPOBOX / Shop n Ship / iShopInternational?[DOUBLEPOST=1383244323][/DOUBLEPOST]
How you managed to go to US Play Store? Without Proxy? I have PPOBox ID too. Also with Shop n Ship and iShopInternational.

I think it's better to wait and buy from the Indian Play Store too. Won't you get a warranty that way? Sure it might be slightly more expensive, but personally, a warranty is worth it.

Back