Android Nexus 5 thread

There can't be a fluctuation of more few hundred bucks. That too might not happen as Google would have already set prices considering future fluctuations so that they won't have to change prices based on fluctuations again and again.

I sincerely doubt that they will be overlooking the Indian community and just trying to fend them of by putting a placeholder which they wont honor...

they are after all a business and they dont care about the nationality of the customers...it would be very cruel and stupid on their part to put up a n5 in indian playstore so that people dont buy it from US...

I don't think so considering a huge market in India. Even G2 was released quickly in India.
I sincerely doubt that they will be overlooking the Indian community and just trying to fend them of by putting a placeholder which they wont honor...
they are after all a business and they dont care about the nationality of the customers...it would be very cruel and stupid on their part to put up a n5 in indian playstore so that people dont buy it from US..
I'm not saying that they won't honor it, may be they proactively put it up early to avoid opening day rush from india, that's all.
Time will tell, though I'd love to be proved wrong and see it on sale in a few days :)

Last edited:
well a minor delay wouldn't hurt as much as a 6 month delay
but Google / LG have showed that they are pretty much serious about shelving the Nexus here in india
and imo that's extremely good for our tech-savvy future

Kinda pricey. **** rupee conversion :p Anyways, here's my queries.

If I order from Indian play store, it will let me use my debit card? Like I have PNB's debit card.
It will be first exclusive for play store or androidland which is in gurgaon I suppose?
Price is 29k MRP? or just exclusive to play store? If it's MRP, I think I can get it for 27.5k-28k as my dad knows a distributor, but we'll see.

Btw, seen those cases? **** they are following apple in pricing the accessories.

Heard should be available from 16th November.

From where you heard that? I called a LG sales guy and he said, it will be available on around 15th-20th November.

its starts shipping in the USA from 11/5/13

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/10/31/nexus-5-orders-already-shipping/
http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/1...s-time-first-nexus-5-orders-already-shipping/

can anybody confirm whether if Nexus5 is out in the UAE.?
Just found out, they don't sell devices via play store in dubai :arghh:

Last edited:
Back