(NO GPUs) 'How much can I sell this for?' thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it says no GPUs here but I'm genuinely trying to find out what a fair price for a used ASUS AMD RADEON R9 270X 2GB GPU is. Seeking info for a friend. It's in good condition and comes in box, no invoice.

I know it says no GPUs here but I'm genuinely trying to find out what a fair price for a used ASUS AMD RADEON R9 270X 2GB GPU is. Seeking info for a friend. It's in good condition and comes in box, no invoice.
It performs slower than a 1050TI, slightly faster than a 760 but consumes as much power as a GTX freakin 1080 (180W TDP, minimum PSU required 600W).

I would say 4-5K, nothing more than that, even in the current inflated market at the lower end.

How much for Legion Y520 bought in September 2017?
i7 7700HQ
16GB RAM
1TB HDD
GTX 1050 4GB
Battery backup is less than an hour, few keyboard keys don't work(e,g,h etc)

Fair price for a
Macbook pro 16, 2019, i9 5ghz, 64gb ram, 5500m 4gb, 2tb ssd in Apple care till mid of 2024
Swappa has listings for the exact same specs [except its the 8 gig 5600m] ranging b/w 1900 -2700 USD depending on condition. Maybe use that as a baseline?

Keyboard repair cost is 8k, how much after I get it repaired?
That's insane. Where did you ask? You don't need "branded original" one. A third-party keyboard shouldn't costs over 2k. I've replaced laptops keyboards for only 1300-2000 in Nehru Place. Also one can always use a separate keyboard.
That's the only feasible way for you to sell imo. Or just keep it with you. Selling old laptops always lead to a huge loss.

That's insane. Where did you ask? You don't need "branded original" one. A third-party keyboard shouldn't costs over 2k. I've replaced laptops keyboards for only 1300-2000 in Nehru Place. Also one can always use a separate keyboard.
That's the only feasible way for you to sell imo. Or just keep it with you. Selling old laptops always lead to a huge loss.
The keyboard is held in place with plastic tabs, which cannot be removed, so you would have to replace the whole mounting mechanism, otherwise the keyboard backplate, which is made of metal will cause a short..

There is no other option but to get an original. Asked in Delhi, Indore, and Bangalore laptop markets. Service centers are the only way to get things fixed for this model, and that's what they've quoted.
Also it's 9.5k, lol. I would have done it years ago if it had been a 2k fix, albeit I could find the battery for a little less, but no luck with the keyboard.

1652366480646.png

And we use an external keyboard, although portability suffers as a result.
Question being, can I sell for 30k after the repair or even that is too much?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back