Nokia 5230 listed for 8.5k in ebay

what was the sticker price??..

Those qrs sales people in TVM are morons and rude. not even 100 bucks they reduce.

Month and year of import is january 2010.Mrp all India on the box is rs9389,bill amount is as follows
net value rs 7256.82
vat rs 290.28
cess rs 2.90
total rs 7550.

m-jeri said:
what was the sticker price??..

Those qrs sales people in TVM are morons and rude. not even 100 bucks they reduce.

Here at Quilon too, Quilon Radio Service sells at MRP and if you are insistent you may get ~1-2% discount! There are other reasonable shops.

Hey guys anybody tried getting docomo gprs setting in 5230

when i send message to PULL docomo gprs settings
i get reply that ur device is not recognized

I am considering buying it, but I was disappointed when I read that Nokia isn't including a data cable and memory card, is it true ?

Can somebody please post a review of the UI, the ones on youtube are not very clear. If u do it please turn off all the lights in the room and do the review in the dark.

According to gsmarena in some regions the document viewer is not installed, is it installed by default in India ?

Is a good pdf reader available ?

What is the staus on the apps / games support ?

Does Opera mini work smoothly (speed + kinetic UI scrolling) ?

For input is a mere touch enough or do we need a press (gsmarena suggested we need a press at times) ?

Anybody tried it on MTNL 3G ?

H2O said:
I think you have to send a message saying DIVE is I am not wrong.

no i just sent INTERNET to 52270

its sorted man just typed the manual settings
was too simple just had to type APN

man their GPRS packs rock :eek:hyeah:
if only DOCOMO improved their network......

@abby

Opera mini works flawlessly,but typing would be a little difficult compared to the default browser.

Other wise the speed and kinetic scrolling is magnificent!

for games/apps go to getjar.com

No document viewer,am also searching for a free pdf viewer,found none yet!

EDIT:

forgot to add,no data cable and memory card.

the data cable of my WD 500gb passport external drive fitted fine,so am using that now.

Bought a 2gb card for rs 400.(i know it was a very bad rip off :'()

v.Na5h said:
hey im getting 5230 for 8.4k in mumbai with bill
many of them are refusing to give one w/o bill

should i go for it or search for one w/o bill for saving some extra money (i mean to avoid 12.5% vat

moreover im surprised that the white 5230 is @ 9.2k whereas the black one is 8.4k
why so much of difference.
the vendor says that it is the new version which provides 2 back covers
(does that mean that he is providing the version which is not meant for india ie grey market)

can somebody tell its clarify its contents
i found that the indian version does not include extra back covers instead they provide a stylus which is absent in other countries (they provide data cable,2 back covers,and a plectrum as seen in some videos)

Somebody reply please...

I have the same query regarding the back covers, does the Indian version include extra changeable back covers :S & if not provided what would be the cost of the Xpress Music battery covers, data cable & mem card

This is my first post & thanks in advance :)

My dealer told me that the interchangeable back covers are an option only for the white model, that explains the price premium.

Secondly its bad that Nokia is not including even a data cable.

Existing owners can your please let us know what is the cost of the data cable as well as the memory card (1GB/ 2GB/4GB/8GB) ?

abbY said:
My dealer told me that the interchangeable back covers are an option only for the white model, that explains the price premium.

Secondly its bad that Nokia is not including even a data cable.

Existing owners can your please let us know what is the cost of the data cable as well as the memory card (1GB/ 2GB/4GB/8GB) ?

Bought from Nokia Priority-

CA-101 Connectivity cable Rs.865/-. (+4% VAT and 1% Cess)

DC-4 Car Charger Rs.230/-. (No tax but with bill)

Seeing only class 2 micro SD cards locally, ordered a Class 6 4GB from theitdepot.com and confirmed over phone that it is really class 6. Paid online (Rs 495/- + Rs.90/- shipping) and received it yesterday only to find it to be Class 2.:mad:

janitha said:
Bought from Nokia Priority-
CA-101 Connectivity cable Rs.865/-. (+4% VAT and 1% Cess)
DC-4 Car Charger Rs.230/-. (No tax but with bill)

Seeing only class 2 micro SD cards locally, ordered a Class 6 4GB from theitdepot.com and confirmed over phone that it is really class 6. Paid online (Rs 495/- + Rs.90/- shipping) and received it yesterday only to find it to be Class 2.:mad:

wooooo, never knew the cable comes for 800 bucks , if thats the sceen then its better to go for nokia 5800 ,in 12k we get all +8gb card

Is this phone worth the buy or should I just wait for the 5800 to get the kinetic scrolling update ?

This phone is going to cost Rs8.4k + memory card, difference in price is about 3.5k

I agree with Karthi,I own the phone and the audio quality is superb using my dad's blackberry IEMs.

@abby

5800 has got kinetic scrolling it seems,look at the definitive Nokia 5800XM thread sticky

Back