WP Nokia Lumia 520 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windows Phone does come with an App called Data Sense, which is curiously missing from the Lumia models. It does pretty much what other data usage monitors do

Getting a 720 today, got a ridiculous exchange offer against my 800 which turns a year old today!
Let's see
720 has better much better GPU, CPU, larger battery, Newer WP iteration, CGorilla2, Expandable storage, Secondary Cam.
while the Primary Cam is lower spec and the internal storage is halved.

I'd say its a good tradeoff :)

Just bought a Black Lumia 520 from eBay and used a coupon to get the price down to Rs 9387 (inc. of shipping) from Rs. 10, 094. That's a good discount IMO. Got the code from a friend, which was given courtesy Vodafone. I just hope it does not have those camera button issues! Shall get a matte scratch guard applied and a cover as well. This device is to be gifted to my brother-in-law for their 10th marriage anniversary - I just hope he likes it! :rolleyes:

@Party Monger - Did you get any good case online? I have no experience in applying a scratch guard so I think I'll get it done locally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Selecting a case is completely subjective. I personally don't like those TPU types with that S carving on the back. I prefer a simple, hard plastic one. I had a rubberised one for my 920 until the rubber started wearing out revealing the glossy plastic underneath it. And it started breaking in pieces due to the daily wear and tear. I have a transparent silicone type right now but looks a bit bland.

Is it possible to transfer the dwnloaded musicc to another device. In what format is the nokia music available

Yes they are all DRM free music. And the format is MP3.

In Windows, the bit rate strangely shows as 0 kbps - it showed the same on Foobar as well. But the SQ output is very good for a song that weighs in at 1.2~2 MB.

^^ @Gannu I think they are actually in aac lc format,and then the extension has been changed to .mp3 later on.plz check with mediainfo & confirm

Just bought a Black Lumia 520 from eBay and used a coupon to get the price down to Rs 9387 (inc. of shipping) from Rs. 10, 094. That's a good discount IMO. Got the code from a friend, which was given courtesy Vodafone. I just hope it does not have those camera button issues! Shall get a matte scratch guard applied and a cover as well. This device is to be gifted to my brother-in-law for their 10th marriage anniversary - I just hope he likes it! :rolleyes:

@Party Monger - Did you get any good case online? I have no experience in applying a scratch guard so I think I'll get it done locally.

Selecting a case is completely subjective. I personally don't like those TPU types with that S carving on the back. I prefer a simple, hard plastic one. I had a rubberised one for my 920 until the rubber started wearing out revealing the glossy plastic underneath it. And it started breaking in pieces due to the daily wear and tear. I have a transparent silicone type right now but looks a bit bland.

Exactly. I dont want that S imprinted one either. Was going through ebay and thats all I could find. I was thinking of getting one of those Gadgetsheildz. They claim to be very awesome, but then it would make the back shiny instead of matt and spoil the look. Yeah sorry, Im a bit fussy about details when it comes to phones. :p I went to the market to get one of those gell cases but they had em only for black and it didnt look very good. priced around 180(could bargain to 120-150 i think)

Dont get a matt screenguard, it will ruin the legibility of text, and the whole OS as you know is based on text :p[DOUBLEPOST=1367525468][/DOUBLEPOST]Angry Birds original free till 15th. Get it quick. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/angry-birds/9168c4f3-217b-4a29-b543-7513bb4ae2ed

And congrats, 720 is one hell of a phone. Im saving up to gift one to my Dad eventually when it costs a bit lesser too. Damages?

Thanks, it is indeed a piece of art! Looks very premium, like a sheep in wolf's clothing:D . I am amazed at how light the thing is even with its massive battery! I got it billed at Rs.17,500/- from a renowned mobile shop in Kolkata. Priority was quoting 18,275/-.

Dont get a matt screenguard, it will ruin the legibility of text, and the whole OS as you know is based on text :p

Our dept. head has a 820 and he has applied a matte guard. Text looks pretty good and there's a nice smooth feel to the touch on the screen now.

Our dept. head has a 820 and he has applied a matte guard. Text looks pretty good and there's a nice smooth feel to the touch on the screen now.
I've seen one on a 620 and it was irritating me a fair bit, but you can always try it. costs 50-80 bucks only.

S.H.Mumtazuddin.

An OT gripe : Seems like the games I bought on my L800 has to be purchased again! Though I'm using the same live/ms/xbox account. Thankfully I did not buy too many (350-450/- approx.) and angry birds is now free.

edit : Issue solved. Needed to remove/disassociate the old phone from my MS account.

S.H.Mumtazuddin.

An OT gripe : Seems like the games I bought on my L800 has to be purchased again! Though I'm using the same live/ms/xbox account. Thankfully I did not buy too many (350-450/- approx.) and angry birds is now free.

Did you try using the same Microsoft Account again? I think the WP Store is linked to that account..

I have used matte screen guard on Samsung Focus and Lumia 520 and did not like it on either. I have already ordered clear screen guard for 520 which should arrive tomorrow. The text will be a little difficult to read, especially when viewing webpage zoomed out. And the screen resolution is not 720p.. so even without matte screen guard it is not going to be as smooth as iPhone 4+ or 720p/1080p androids.
I will take a pic of 520 matte vs clear guard tomorrow if possible.. to show you the difference :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back