Nokia N8 Thread

Anyone knows the currrent price of the N8? I am finally going to buy a new phone this week and I am just confused between the N8 and BB Bold 9780. But mostly getting the N8 and have been watching this thread since a long time now.

Also do you guys use any covers/protection for the phone? I know that the screen is scratch proof as such but I am worried about damage due to possible falls and shocks. Do suggest some covers if you guys have any idea.

Nokia has its own silicon case if ur interested in that... i think there are leather cases out to... Mine fell from the first floor so got a small scratch on the side (paint wore off) otherwise as good as new , screen is scratch free.

Got myself an N8, was totally unexpected but I had details regarding all the mobiles in the market. What should I do with it now? Just mocking the ad, but any tips on how to get the most out of the mobile?

Well.. its great for photography :p Be sure to grab pixelpipe for seamless uploads... Other than that , state your usage pattern n maybe we can suggest something ?

Taking pictures is one of the things I do most, apart from that I browse a lot and use my phone as a media player, mostly used to play music.

^^ UR experience is just gonna get richer with N8.
Specially the media player thing... U can attach this directly to HDTVs and watch great quality movies or stream from d net... It supports dolby 5.1 with HDMI.
Also the camera is very cool... I have a Sony H55 but I cant carry it along with me every where... The N8 is always with me and I can shoot anything anywhere anytime... specially on signals or while driving I come across something which makes a great capture...
Go for a good bluetooth headset for a great music listening experience.... I got myself a Nokia BH-505 ... its awesome...
Browsing wont be out of this world but I can assure you wont be disappointed with the in built browser... not to mention the promising updated coming out soon....
Overall keep exploring try the Ovi store for new apps n u will be proud to own it.
For me I use to carry a Nokia N73ME for music and as a phone and a small Nikon S630 as a pocket camera but now N8 has replaced both of them...

Anybody knows what is the current price of the N8? Dealers here are telling me that Nokia has jacked up the price seeing the demand and stuff :mad:

Yes officially the Nokia Price has been hiked from 23999 to 24999.
But you shd get it for 23500 to 24000... for colors other than grey (black) you can get it for even less than 23000.
These are the rates for Pune... may be even less in Mumbai....
@blkrb0t : At what rate did u buy... Pls tell the place and color :)
Others who have bought in last 2 weeks can also share....

Has anyone bought the "Original" Nokia Silicon case for N8? How much did it cost?

I bought N8(Dark Grey) for 23.8k, I also bought a C5 along with it for my sister for 7.3k. I got free Scartch Guard + Pouch along with it.

Can you recommend any must have apps and games?

Angry Birds. MUST have....
M.Maze Classic, Throw it, Real Golf and Balance Toyz are others that I play....
Hooked up to angry birds and Real golf at present. NFS Shift is already bundled with the device.
Apps : depends on what you use ur phone for mostly... but I have downloaded few appz like Bloomberg, Numbuzz, ScanLife, JoikuSpot Panaroma, Grid9, Swype and battery monitor.... PixelPipe :)
Feel feel to browse thru Ovi store and downloads tons of them ... keep the ones which u find useful and uninstall the rest.... thats how I do it... Most of the apps mentioned here are free of cost at ovi store...

It appears letsbuy.com is not selling n8 any more. Otherwise I got it from them @ 21509. I still see 10% off for ICICI customers listed. But I do not see N8. C7 is available for just under 19.5 which with 10% discount will be close to 17.5.

Do we get free 3G for 6 months from Airtel with N8? I don't get 3G network from Airtel where I live, just EDGE, and I browsed a bit thinking I have free 3G connection with a monthly cap of 2GB from Airtel, but I was charged, I used up around 40 rupees.

Can you help me getting 3G on this device? Which Service provider would be best considering I'm in Bangalore, I already have an Airtel SIM, so that's my first preference.

Whatever free internet is offered by Vodafone, Airtel and Aircel on some new Nokia models is the GPRS and not 3G :)

"Anyone knows how much the original Nokia Silicon cover costs for N8? and any reviews / feedbacks for the same...."

onlyravi said:
Whatever free internet is offered by Vodafone, Airtel and Aircel on some new Nokia models is the GPRS and not 3G :)

"Anyone knows how much the original Nokia Silicon cover costs for N8? and any reviews / feedbacks for the same...."
The Silicon case is 250 rupees, comes in 4 colours.

The Silicone case cost me 220/- from Binary Systems in Trivandrum.

It feels pretty OK to the touch, and is non-slippery. You can leave it on the dashboard of a running car, and it will not run all over the place. However it tends to pick up dirt fast - and I mean Fast.

Its easy to put on and remove, but it makes the phone look bulky. The sleek futuristic look is lost. Also there is absolutely no protection for the screen. But then I guess the Gorilla Glass doesn't need any in the first place.

Also protects the phone from minor drops and impacts. I have already dropped my phone once from my desk by accident, and the phone did not even suffer a dent in the plastic.

Oh, and one more thing. You can almost guarantee that the phone will not slip from your shirt pocket, even if you bend almost double.

So all in all a good buy, if you do not mind the drop in cosmetic appeal.

Back