Nokia N8 Thread

I got the phone today for 23.6K. Just going to start using it now. Could not get the Silicone case locally though :(

how is the bundled IEMs with N8? (WH-701)

I am using PL-21 with my C7. But the PL-21 has become loose. I am not happy with build quality of soundmagic..similar thing happened with PL-11 before.
Hence I want something that has good build quality. and WH-701 will also have mic (+ music buttons) Hence thinking about buying it..
can some one tell me his/her views comapred to say PL-21?

I too could not get the original Silicon case on Sunday... Have asked a local store keeper to order one specially for me....

@RVK2488: What is ur budget? I got a Nokia BH-505 for 3k, it has awesome sound quality, Very long battery life and also all the controls for music and calls on the head phone itself. Its comfy and very handy to operate even while driving....
Though you can look for other models which suit you...

@onlyravi

I am looking for a normal IEM form factor...coz those type of designs (BH-505) dont fit my head :( is it adjustable?

I too thght so... but I observed that it fits my head as well as many of my frnds found it comfortable.... Its not adjustable but it is flexible.....
I would say visit a local Nokia store find out some other models also .... There are some adjustable overhead phones but I dont like those bulky ones on my head :)

The stock IEM's that came with the N8 are pretty decent. They reproduce sound quite well, and have a decent range, as far as I am concerned. I am not an audiophile, but I find that they are very satisfactory for the way I listen to my music.

The IEMs which come with the phone are actually really good for free ones. Way better than almost anything which comes bundled in with mp3 players / cellphones.

thanks for reply @onlyravi @pillainp @dhruvrock2000
ordered WH-701.

@onlyravi
will also check BH-505. But had to order one urgently and WH-701 was cheap..
thanks for suggestion :)

^^ Great... Its ur choice and like so go with whatever you are happy with. How much did the WH-701 cost you?

The FM Transmitter function in N8 is also nice but some how it never gives good quality. Its ideal when U want to listen ur N8 music via ur home theatre or in a car audio system. I tried placing the FM receiver at diff places but always there was a lot of disturbance/noise. Tried with diff FMs but same result....

Guys any news on the much awaited F/w update?? When is it coming.... its Jan now....

I have mine set at 89 and there is no disturbance... keep it close to the car stereo. I have noticed that switching on the AC interferes with it so.. there might be electronics :/

onlyravi said:
^^ Great... Its ur choice and like so go with whatever you are happy with. How much did the WH-701 cost you?

~390 on eBay

I have tried FM transmitter few times. everytime it worked well.. the distance was not more than ~3 ft in each case. i have set freequency different everytime (between 93-97)

bought USB OTG cable...impressed!

Very nice feature. was able to connect pendrives, other nokia mobiles without any issue. also connected my microsoft wireless mouse..works well. yet to try keyboard and ext hdd.

Can anyone list devices which work with the N8 USB OTG. What is the maximum capacity drive you've connected? I tried my 1TB 2.5" External HDD from Seagate, but there was an error in detecting it. Don't have any pendrives to check it out.

dhruvrock2000 said:
2.5" won't work. you need one which has external power adaptop.
I even tried that, it was detected, but I couldn't open any files or even browse through it.

anfjavid said:
does n8 support ntfs ?
I don't think so. I have a few external HDD's and I tried all of them, but most of them wouldn't be detected or not work. I think it only supports FAT/FAT32, I don't have any pendrives to check that out.

Back