Nokia N8 Thread

Apps update 1.0 is available for N8 now :eek:hyeah:...
Somehow i do not think it is the entire PR1.1 since the size of the update is a little more than 1 mb.

Change Log :
- faster boot for camera and photo capturing
- smoother flow homscreens
- smoother transition with theme effects on
- accelerometer responds much quicker from landscape to portrait and vice versa
- improved keyboard as in more responsive
- Ovi Store seems to load faster
- photos load faster
- contacts list scrolling is improved
- boot time has improved as well
- Ovi Maps is even smoother and the pinch to zoom has been improved

To get the update OTA(over the air). start the software update application in your N8.

Peace~

fire said:
Apps update 1.0 is available for N8 now :eek:hyeah:...

Somehow i do not think it is the entire PR1.1 since the size of the update is a little more than 1 mb.

Change Log :

- smoother transition with theme effects on

- accelerometer responds much quicker from landscape to portrait and vice versa

- improved keyboard as in more responsive

- photos load faster

To get the update OTA(over the air). start the software update application in your N8.

Peace~
Thanks mate. Downloading now :D

Can confirm the following..

- photos load faster

I do not think the transition effect as in android while moving through the home screen are still implemented and there is still a tiny lag between portait and landscape mode switching.

There is still no portrait qwerty.

Update: am unable to connect to facebook using social widget anymore :mad:.

Peace~

Thanks @fire....
Downloading the same..... Hope the other features will follow soon.
But incase there is any issue with this update is there any way to fall back??

I do trust Symbian but still asking...

onlyravi said:
Thanks @fire....
Downloading the same..... Hope the other features will follow soon.
But incase there is any issue with this update is there any way to fall back??

I do trust Symbian but still asking...

To my Knewledge, you can reinstall the current firmware again through OVI suite, but there is no option as such to remove the latest update.

And i already have found a bug where in am not able to connect to Facebook ,using social widget, anymore.

Peace~

I guess this is not the update we've been waiting for, but an update it is. I seriously want Nokia to pull the heads over their asses and start supporting Symbian like they should. I really like Nokia and Symbian but their support is pathetic. I like N8 though, the best camera phone I've had.

blkrb0t said:
I guess this is not the update we've been waiting for, but an update it is. I seriously want Nokia to pull the heads over their asses and start supporting Symbian like they should. I really like Nokia and Symbian but their support is pathetic. I like N8 though, the best camera phone I've had.

Yes this is not PR 1.1 but it is almost out.. check the screenshot of Navifirm i have attached.

Attachments

• PR 1.1.jpg
    PR 1.1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 132
fire said:
To my Knewledge, you can reinstall the current firmware again through OVI suite, but there is no option as such to remove the latest update.

And i already have found a bug where in am not able to connect to Facebook ,using social widget, anymore.

Peace~
Even before updating I was not able to connect to Facebook,Twitter using social widget,was getting this msg of unable to connect to gateway :(.let me see if it works after the update.

P.S Even after the update it is not working :mad: .

Guys a strange issue with my N8. Two messages are in my SMS outbox and their status is "deferred".
When I click them I cannot get any options at all... tried everything... restarting the phone..Long press... killing the messaging app.... but still cant get any options menu for these two messages.
Looks like they are stuck there for ever??
Anyone faced sumthing like this? Any workaround to delete them??

There is a small update for video.. ~1.1MB
Now it supports subtitles (.srt and .sub) :D

btw @Dhruv

Do you know that C7 does not support exact same set of codecs as N8? :mad: there is no support for AC3 audio and some other (I forgot)...so many of my files have no audio :no:

Since both have same hardware..I think someone can port the codecs of N8 to C7 pretty easily...waiting for that to happen

blkrb0t said:
One more thing I noticed is this mobile doesn't support FLAC. So much for a multimedia phone Nokia.
Which other phone does ?

Eitherways you can install apps like folderplay to get Flac support on the N8

I wasn't aware about the C7 thing.. are you sure though ? I haven't heard that anywhere.. maybe you could look up the spec sheet once ? In any case there are loads of other music players you can install.

RVK2488 said:
There is a small update for video.. ~1.1MB

Now it supports subtitles (.srt and .sub) :D

btw @Dhruv

Do you know that C7 does not support exact same set of codecs as N8? :mad: there is no support for AC3 audio and some other (I forgot)...so many of my files have no audio :no:

Since both have same hardware..I think someone can port the codecs of N8 to C7 pretty easily...waiting for that to happen

dhruvrock2000 said:
I wasn't aware about the C7 thing.. are you sure though ? I haven't heard that anywhere.. maybe you could look up the spec sheet once ? In any case there are loads of other music players you can install.
Actually I am talking about video playback...when audio is encoded in AC-3 (2 ch)..it does not play audio...same is case with AAC (6 ch)..not sure about other missing codecs/formats..but these are the ones I had problem playing.

Check these..its even discussed in Nokia Forums

Nokia Support Discussions - Re: C7 No sound with playing Video with AC3 5.1Dol... - Nokia Support Discussions

I got the Videos update but not this App update that you are talking about.... Can somebody please confirm if there is any more new updates or its just the old one.... released last week... App Update 1.0??

onlyravi said:
I got the Videos update but not this App update that you are talking about.... Can somebody please confirm if there is any more new updates or its just the old one.... released last week... App Update 1.0??
same here i guess he is talking abt last week update only as after videos update there is nothing since that day till now

Start the social widget,you get this message that it has been updated or something of that kind.Got the update today and the social widget is working now.

Back