Nokia N8 Thread

I have C7. Updated to PR1.1 yesterday. Nothing improved much..except landscape dialer and colored 'music' screen saver. There is slight increase in smoothness in UI...and accelerometer works better now. The time taken to shift from portrait to landscape and vice-versa is reduced.

One thing I hate is - the default photos application is acting very weird now. When I try to pinch zoom...its does not work smooth at all..sometimes it changes the orientation instead of zooming in...some times it zoom outs :S its total mess...

On a side note, betalabs has released a new app - bubbles...get it NOW!!

http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia-bubbles

cool looking..if this is how Qt UI /apps are gonna look like...then waiting for PR3.0 :D (and of course meego)

trivik12 said:
Landscape qwerty and better browser are the major changes I am eagerly waiting for.

you mean portrait qwerty?

Found this awesome unlocker in nokia Beta Labs...click HERE..

Its so much better than any of the ones in apples or androids :)

Peace~

EDIT- found RVK2488's post at the top... guess he beat me to it :) ...

fire said:
Found this awesome unlocker in nokia Beta Labs...click HERE..

Its so much better than any of the ones in apples or androids :)

Peace~

EDIT- found RVK2488's post at the top... guess he beat me to it :) ...
And why exactly would you need an unlocker?

I have updated it. Not much difference overall from performance perspective. I am hoping PR 2.0 releases fast enough for new browser / portrait qwerty.

I have registered to all sms and email notifications from Ovi and nokia and also registered my product on their site.
Its strange that they have not sent an official mail regarding the update. The OTA failed a couple of times while checking for updates since morning... but now its working fine. Seems like many users are downloading it currently.
Nokia should really improve on this part. This update which is almost 6mB(6330kB) in size is marked as important.... then y no official notifications......

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Finally updated the phone successfully....
Guys any link for the release notes of this update which can give more details on what all has really been updated in 1.1?

One good thing: Remember those 3 dead messages in my outbox. Now I was able to delete them / move to drafts. This was the first thing I checked and then the landscape dialler. :)

Changelog:

•Web updated to 7.2.8.10
•Quickoffice updated to 6.4.166, editing functions now enabled on the N8 (i.e. don’t have to pay to upgrade), improved zooming functions
•Adobe Reader updated to 2.5.653
•Big update to Nokia Email; performance improved; ‘unread emails’ flag added to homescreen widget; meeting requests can be accepted directly from email invitations; maps integration, which means people can view the meeting location on the map when the address is mentioned in the location field in the invite
•General performance improvements
•Dialler now works in landscape mode
•Previous performance updates are rolled in and, in the full (Ovi Suite-installed, >100MB) image, there’s the facility to provide a better working starting point than hard resetting a PR 1.0 device

Personally, i do not understand the need for landscape dialling.
As someone said before, not much improved. Now the wait for PR 2.0 starts :)

Updated yesterday. I hd QO Premeiere 6.2.169 installed. The update does not seem to have changed the QuickOffice version to 6.4. I still remain at the version I had installed. Shoutl I uninstall and try to update again?

I saw this deal in ebay for anyone interested in N8(21.9k with free shipping.) Plus Ebay is offering free gift with purchase as well( 500GB hitachi portable drive or kodak camera etc).

eBay India: Nokia N8 Touch Screen Mobile+Bill+Freeship+1yr Mfg Wrty (item 290531827994 end time 16-Feb-2011 08:00:00 IST)

of course there is a concern nokia might discard symbian as a smartphone platform. We will know this friday for sure. Still N8 is a great camera phone/multimedia phone/excellent for calls. I hope we at least get updates till QT is available plus better browser.

Enjoy your Nokia N8 as it is guys, the updates will be slower now, NOKIA has ditched Symbian, sure they'll say that they'll still support it, but not with full force. So now we may see PR 2.0 in May/June perhaps.

N8 - the last good phone from Nokia. :)

Back