Nokia N8 Thread

Dhruv can you please post a video showing pdf rendering capabilities of N8 ? I was tempted to see how fast it can render pdf. If C6-01 has same hardware that will do wonders then.

Will do... though it is using the same app from S60v5 which has not really been optimized for using the GPU n all so i'm not expecting much. Will record a video and put it up shortly.

nehaladsul said:

Thanks. I am looking for a case that can be used without removing the phone whenever a call comes. Plus it gives decent protection. Something like this.

Nokia N8 Impact Series Case // OtterBox.Com

ok i am taking the plunge today .. dumping the blackberry os forever .. getting an n8 from a TE friend .. hope this phone lives up to my expectations cause so far ive only played with it for a couple of hours not used it as personal phone ... how the battery life with push email on on this? .. i do not use wifi only push email and gmail sync with my contacts and calender is very important to me .

should i get this or samsung wave 8500 if i want a phone with a better battery life ??? not a big fan of bada either but everyon who has a wave praises it a lot as well

will use it as a temp phone till i can get a windows 7 phone at a good price

khanvis2009 said:
ok i am taking the plunge today .. dumping the blackberry os forever .. getting an n8 from a TE friend .. hope this phone lives up to my expectations cause so far ive only played with it for a couple of hours not used it as personal phone ... how the battery life with push email on on this? .. i do not use wifi only push email and gmail sync with my contacts and calender is very important to me .

should i get this or samsung wave 8500 if i want a phone with a better battery life ??? not a big fan of bada either but everyon who has a wave praises it a lot as well

will use it as a temp phone till i can get a windows 7 phone at a good price
Dont wry as I used bb for 6 yrs and recently dumped it because of crap screen bad browser no front cam and high price devices. so N8 will be fine as it will do all things what bb do apart from bbm and that to free. with awesome screen fine browser front cam option to play games and still better price device

I think nokia gives an adapter from mini usb to full usb(Female). So USb cable should work with the adapter.

I am still waiting for my phone. I bought it from letsbuy.com at 21.5K. Thought it was really good deal at that price. I thought about Samsung and Super Amoled. But few concerns about Samsung phones are

1) plasticky build quality. My 2 year old daughter will drop it few times and I doubt a plasticky build will take it that well.
2) Poor support to device. They struggle to keep it with latest. They are still releasing Android 2.1 phones(Continuum).

Plus I did not want to go with Bada OS and Galaxy S was good 4K more expensive.

I am hoping with QT interface we will see tons of Open Source apps from the next year onwards that will keep the platform alive. I believe in OS more than Apple/Google controlled marketplace.

hi guys ,bought the n8 yesterday .. like it a lot .... saw the adverts on tv that airtel was offering 2gb/month(the rs98 plan) for free for 6 months ... have any of you used it? if so, how can i activate it ??

^^ u shud receive it once u switch on the phone .. i didn't read it and did a 98 bucks recharge anyway ... lol me ..

PS : symbian = hackable ftw !@!@ now to install the installserver mod [:)] ..

it appears my letsbuy.com purchase is a bust as they dont have any stock. :(

So can anyone tell me where I can buy N8 at the lowest price. I am in chennai.

trivik12 said:
it appears my letsbuy.com purchase is a bust as they dont have any stock. :(

So can anyone tell me where I can buy N8 at the lowest price. I am in chennai.
its 22500 in mumbai at alfa .there is a chennai based seller on ebay selling for approx 23350 on ebay. ask him for a deal off ebay

Back