Nokia N8 Thread

^^I dont know how but i am sure you can do that. You can contact reliance customer care for that but before visit nokia ovi store on web and also reliance website to check if they have details on same.

Guys check Nokia Play to apps, its now beta stage.. bt working very good :) A DLNA device (e.g TV) connected to your home network.

and also a new N8 specific update that will add 30FPS video with continuous autofocus.

jesal said:
n8 now sells for 17k without bill. im tempted to buy one. but im damn used to a android device now. what to do. ghrrr
Lol...same here. Got too used to android now and cannot keep 2 phones just for the heck of it.

phone sells in alfa since a lot of people are interested. i might get one for dad next month on his bday lets see. have to get mom a e6 as well.

Ah got my 4th N8 :p This is the last one i promise ;D Orange one this time. Covered by a black Otterbox case. Really digging the black-orange dual color look

^^What do you do with all these phones ??? :mad:

Can you post the pic of your Nokia phone dedicated showcase which is at your home ?? I know it is there :p

dhruvrock2000 said:
Ah got my 4th N8 :p This is the last one i promise ;D Orange one this time. Covered by a black Otterbox case. Really digging the black-orange dual color look
Oh man congrats.So another Nokia show off thread in waiting? M looking for my first in blue:)

Ah really liking my 'new' orange N8 :p So right now i have the X7 , N8 , E6 & E6 (Silver , Black) amongst the new devices... Weee fun times :p

There's going to be a new update for Sleeping screen soon and Nokia Bubbles as well.. some really nice features coming to Bubbles.

I love these two very much. When I listen to music with the sleeping screen, I get many queries from bus mates about which phone it is and that it looks cool, especially in the evening.

It would be nice if we can have double tap (or some similar easy gesture) to unlock the phone in addition to the current dragging the lock bubble to key method.

Just put my N8 in otterbox commuter case and its just fantastic. Easy to put it on(including screen protector). Now the device is well protected without adding bulk. Plus camera button is easier to press.

Hello N8 users, I recently came across a local ad of user trying to sell his 20 day old N8 for 14k. I think it is a steal for the price. My question is:

1) How good is the gaming on N8?

2) Can it play RMVB files? Or any video apps like "Rockplayer" in Android available in N8 ovi store for playing rmvb,mkv files etc?

Really interested and do not want to miss out. Have used Iphones and Android and never tried Nokia before. But never too late to try it out :)

Gaming is good..

I don't think it plays rmvb files but mkv is supported natively.

@unni : Otterbox cases are expensive but totally worth it. Makes the N8 look awesome though bulky.

unni said:
From where did you get it? And how much did you pay?

I got it from Amazon US through a colleague. I paid $25 for the case.

Commuter case is the best of the lot in that it fits snugly and still gives great protection. It added very little bulk to the phone. check below image.

Only negatives are lack of direct access to SIM and micro sd. you need to remove the case to access them. Since I dont change either its not an issue for me but that could be a pain point for others.

http://www.mytrendyphone.co.uk/shop...r-Case-Nokia-N8-Black-2-p.jpg&ProtectMessage=

Back