Online Game Deals - Steam, Amazon, Origin, GOG, Humble Bundles

Re: Steam - Ongoing deals thread

mehrotra.akash said:
Wouldnt it be better to have a separate thread for every set of sales, and merge it into the main thread once the sale is over?

(like there would be a thread for the 2k pack, or Christmas sales, once the particular sale is over merge it in)

Easier for those who dont visit the forum very frequently
There is a thread created almost every week and we know of Steam and their sales.

I have stickied the thread. All the user needs is to browse through the last few pages to know of the deals.

^

Master Troll is right..It would be better this way!

And I wouldnt suggest getting borderlands for singleplayer, It ll become pretty boring very fast..But co-op hell yeah,its uber fun!

Re: 75% Off on Mafia Games on Steam

mehrotra.akash said:
How good is it for the single player alone?
Also does it have any chance of running on a c2d 1.8Ghz laptop with integrated graphics,4GB RAM?

It should run fine on an i5 750 with 5770 and 4GB right?
Akash, this game in SP would get boring pretty fast. This was meant to be played in co-op. It's like playing L4D in SP minus the AI bots to assist you.

It would struggle on the integrated graphics chipset, but the one with i5 and 5770, it would tear through the game. So if you can assemble a team of 3 more people, then you guys can use a Skype client to enable voice chat and fire away. Our team is already on it's second play-through and only the DLC's remain to be completed.

Gannu said:
Threads merged and stickied!

Please utilise the thread for further announcement of Steam's daily deals, weekend deals, holiday sales etc. :)
Good going. There is thread for Steam related discussions in ever gaming forum. Its about time TE has one as well. :)

Will I be able to use VISA Debit card on steam? I want to buy Borderlands GOTY edition.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OK guys. I already bought Borderlands. I hope other people buy this too so that Co-op is possible.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

This is the first time I have bought something off steam. But I don't think I will buy again for the simple reason that It's going to take me at least a week to fully download this game. It would have cost me about the same in the market too and I would have got a nice box too with it.

baccilus said:
This is the first time I have bought something off steam. But I don't think I will buy again for the simple reason that It's going to take me at least a week to fully download this game. It would have cost me about the same in the market too and I would have got a nice box too with it.
Yes, the downloading bit is indeed painful, especially in Steam, as the download speed isn't always maxed out using it's client. Also if you're internet connection is slow, then god help you. But once you download the game, you can make a back-up of it's installed folder and use it in case you re-install Windows or want to use it on a different PC. Besides, deals like these would only be available on Steam. Retail copies prices usually remain stagnant for most of it's life-cycle. I don't think you'll find a GOTY edition of Borderlands for this price in the market either. Forget GOTY edition, you won't even get the main game for anywhere even remotely close to $7.5 in India.

The only reason to buy anything off steam is the price. I dont know, but off late, I absoluely HATE the steam client. Its sluggish and sometimes takes forever to connect. Sometimes it even prevents me from playing a game saying "This game is unavailable". Plus, the downloader is absolutely horrible. It doesnt download at full possible speed, cannot calculate the estimated time remaining and is so stupid that it doesnt even know how much of a game has been downloaded.

I never delete any downloaded steam games for this reason. My steam folder is between 150-200GB now, I think.

For all the resources at their disposal, why Valve cannot improve the steam client or simply get rid off it, I cant understand.

if anyone planning to get goty edition let me know, I am going to buy pack of 4 for 22.5$ = 5.6$ per copy,

need to buy 2-3 copies for friends, so 1-2 can be bought at the rate of normal game

adi_vastava said:
if anyone planning to get goty edition let me know, I am going to buy pack of 4 for 22.5$ = 5.6$ per copy,

need to buy 2-3 copies for friends, so 1-2 can be bought at the rate of normal game
Wow you say that an hour after I buy the game. Huh... But at least I will have co-op partners. Guys I have never played co-op.. Please tell me how that goes.

pretttt said:
The only reason to buy anything off steam is the price. I dont know, but off late, I absoluely HATE the steam client. Its sluggish and sometimes takes forever to connect. Sometimes it even prevents me from playing a game saying "This game is unavailable". Plus, the downloader is absolutely horrible. It doesnt download at full possible speed, cannot calculate the estimated time remaining and is so stupid that it doesnt even know how much of a game has been downloaded.

I never delete any downloaded steam games for this reason. My steam folder is between 150-200GB now, I think.

For all the resources at their disposal, why Valve cannot improve the steam client or simply get rid off it, I cant understand.

on the contrary I feel steam is a godsend after using EADM :bleh:

_

baccilus said:
Guys I have never played co-op.. Please tell me how that goes.
For Borderlands, all you need to do is either host and invite your friends from the main menu OR receive invitations from friends and join their game. :p

If you're planning to follow the campaign religiously, then I suggest, assemble a good team, co-ordinate the timings when you'll be playing and you can all progress together. This would maintain a uniformity with the mission progress and your character's leveling up. If you join a random game, chances are, you'll end up playing with people much higher than your own level and you'll get killed.

And if I join random games, I will have to play from wherever others are, right? We all can share our ID's once everyone buying this game off steam has downloaded the game. I will try to play this game at regular times.

Yep, if you join a random person's game, then you'll progress from where the host's progress is at. Some missions won't be accessible to you if you lag behind in the game. So it's advisable to have a steady team if you plan to go in co-op. Else, complete it in Single player once, level up and then go randomly on your second play-through for leveling up.

Is there anyway I can use a pirated disk of Borderland instead of downloading the whole 12Gigs off steam? I would be happier spending 80bucks rather than waiting for 3-4 days and keeping my PC on all this time.

All of Steam purchased content is encrypted to enable proper authentication with your account. This won't be present in retail DVD's. So I don't think it's install would be validated against your Steam purchase. I'm not sure about this, but people with more experience of Steam's authentication system would be able to help you out. Even if it works, how do you plan on getting the DLC's? Assuming, those bootleg DVD's will have only the main game.

@ethan: I don't think there is any easy way of doing this. I guess I am stuck downloading the whole thing. I was hoping I would be able to copy some files into the steam folder which would then reduce the download size.

pretttt said:
Improve, Yes valve is in process of improving the Steam cloud service and have also updated the account security thing and few more to come in near future. Getting Rid of Steam or any other Digital Distribution channel cannot happen as Digital Download is the Future of Games. Digital Downloads saves a lot of logistics and publishing cost for the producers/developers.

Back