Online Sites Delivering to India and Related Issues

I received the package today in a padded envelope. It took 19 days to arrive but in very good condition. The envelope was lined by bubble wrap & mailed through normal Hong Kong post. The envelope was completely sealed & nobody opened it at the customs... Pretty good deal for 150 bucks... :)

Guys how safe is net banking payment option with flipkart? I'm going to purchase few books from Flipkart, they don't support 'Cash-on-delivery' payment option in my city, hence the only option i have is to pay them by Net banking. Could you please share your net banking payment experience with flipkart?

muzux2 said:
Guys how safe is net banking payment option with flipkart? I'm going to purchase few books from Flipkart, they don't support 'Cash-on-delivery' payment option in my city, hence the only option i have is to pay them by Net banking. Could you please share your net banking payment experience with flipkart?
Totally safe. You can use CC or debit card and the site immediately starts the tracking. The log moves to your recent purchases, and is update periodically.

muzux2 said:
Are you actually based in Srinagar?Well,I've bought around 70 books from flipkart over the last year using netbanking.They ship using either bluedart/firstflight/aramex and I've never lost a parcel.I was based in a crappy town in UP when I ordered these books.Flipkart is my default(only)choice when I want to buy a book!CC is also quite proactive and informs/calls immediately if a book bought from an international seller has reached them in a bad condition(happened only once though when I ordered a coffee-table book)

i need to buy some stuff from dealextreme ..but do not have a creadit card|?

have sbi debit/netbanking facilities...

have a paypal account too..but dont know how to transfer funds in it???

is there a way i could buy stuff from DX ?

HI!! Have you registered on to shopandship.com for all your import needs. Its just a 5 USD registration for techenclave members!USD5983402
hiflier said:
I am new to Tech Enclave and what I gather from glancing through the forum threads is that many people order stuff online though sites outside India.

I request readers to provide details of online sites (computer hardware, modding, audio gear, consumer electronics etc.) which promptly and safely deliver to India. Also, any light on the associated customs duty (how to pay, how much, delays involved, cautions etc.) and mode of payment (credit card, paypal, cautions etc.) will be of great help.

A list of online sites within India will also be highly appreciated.

If I may, then its a request to the Mods to sticky this thread.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hey guys!! Hope you all are aware of Shop and Ship :: Home for all your shipping needs from US/Uk/China. we are fast , reliable and cost friendly. post in your queries at india@shopandship.com
the lifetime membeship fee is just % USD specially for techenclave members. Join the family!! use the code USD5983402

shopnshipindia said:
HI!! Have you registered on to shopandship.com for all your import needs. Its just a 5 USD registration for techenclave members!USD5983402

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hey guys!! Hope you all are aware of Shop and Ship :: Home for all your shipping needs from US/Uk/China. we are fast , reliable and cost friendly. post in your queries at india@shopandship.com
the lifetime membeship fee is just % USD specially for techenclave members. Join the family!! use the code USD5983402
Which chinese sites do you support?

alibaba,dx?????????

hello, need to know if there are any trusted websites shipping cell phones (CDMA to work with TATA) available in US to India? any help would be much appreciated.

How much would it cost me to buy and ship a watch worth ~ $100 from Amazon US ? Or would it be better if I ask some one else in US to buy it and ship it to me ?

It will be advisable if someone from USA gets it for you.

Also the other option is that if the watch is eligible for AMAZON PRIME , then i think you can get it for free shipping to India.

It will be advisable if someone from USA gets it for you.

Also the other option is that if the watch is eligible for AMAZON PRIME , then i think you can get it for free shipping to India.

I know that is the best option. But what if someone is not able to get it or is not coming here for long time. Then what is my next best option ? buying directly from amazon or asking someone to buy it and personally ship it ?

I know that is the best option. But what if someone is not able to get it or is not coming here for long time. Then what is my next best option ? buying directly from amazon or asking someone to buy it and personally ship it ?

Hey you can try Shop and Ship for your shipping worries. !! Hope you all are aware of Shop and Ship :: Home for all your shipping needs from US/Uk/China. we are fast , reliable and cost friendly. post in your queries at india@shopandship.com

I will say, before making payment on Amazon, check the shipping charges if any. If they are low when compared to what Shop and Ship offers, then ship the watch directly from amazon, if its other wise , use SNS.

I generally use SNS facility for my UK and US purchases. Depends on from where the shippment will be made.

If you can get the same watch from Amazon UK then buy from there, will save shipping too.

Back