CPU/Mobo Ordered a 12600K from TLG Gaming on Sunday, but have decided to go with a 12700 instead. But it's looking like they don't wanna cancel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take a 4k video of the seal opening/unboxing process in good lighting using the best phone you have access to.
I don't have all the items I need for the build. Their policy states that any issues with the item have to be highlighted within 2 days of delivery, which leaves me another 24 hrs before I have to raise any potential issues. And I don't know when I'm getting my PSU and my CPU is still in transit. And knowing how "strict" these guys are with their policy, I am afraid if I wait for the PSU and CPU to do a proper plugin and test after the unbox, they may not honor a replacement request if there is a genuine damage inside.

I'm thinking I will unbox it and inspect it for any obvious physical damage within today. Just to check if all the pins are as they should be etc.

Honestly I have never built a PC before, so I don't know what to expect or look for. Maybe if any of you guys can give me some tips on ensuring that there is no damage to the motherboard I could take that into account as I make an unboxing video.

I'm thinking I will unbox it and inspect it for any obvious physical damage within today. Just to check if all the pins are as they should be etc.
Check to see that there is no physical damage on the board. (PCB and/or heatskink bends/scratches) use reference images online to cross verify if everything looks ok. If all looks ok it and still does not boot it's likely TLG were/are not at fault.

having gone through the thread.
I think you should just sell it for a little less and take the hit and move on.

I wish the customer service would have been more helpful but then they are well within the rights and they are not doing anything wrong at all either. It would have left you with lot of satisfaction on individual level and good reputation for them but it is also asking a bit more than what they are suppose to do and to be honest rarely any business store will follow such high standards in customer satisfaction.

even Amazon USA once screwed me up and at no fault of mine.
I had spent good money on amazon.com for a stuff and got $10 as gift. ....I used it to buy Playstation store $10 code. it worked I was happy but then they blocked my account and cancelled that code.
When I contacted them they said gift cards cannot be used to purchase digital item etc and they did not even return the$10 saying the code has expired . I went through a lot of email exchanges. Even contacted their customer care and took it to higher level. Nothing happen. I gave up as I was wasting my time.

Just sharing this to tell you that customer satisfaction is hard to expect specially once these business are well established and then they no longer care for very small percentage of unhappy customers.

Once again take my advice just sell it for a small loss and buy the stuff you want for your mental satisfaction and take this as a good lesson . Cheers!

Kaisa bhi zamana ho. OP is at fault of not doing enough research and not reading the terms. It's a loss of time value to business. Only the heavy weights can afford such policies. You know many people abuse returns/replacement policy in India which are making even Amazon & Flipkart policies to be stricter. It will become more strict over time. This business owners might not have appropriate language but they are not cheating the OP. They are delivering what he asked for in the first place.

Acting strictly as per Store's policy without any exception always looks correct till you are the victim.

Acting strictly as per Store's policy without any exception always looks correct till you are the victim.
those policies are there for a reason .
Everyone tries to play safe cant blame them which is why from tiny food packets to fighter jets all come with huge list of terms and conditions.

The buyer is victim because of his own mistake.
I really wish they would have helped him out and it would have really been nice gesture and all these little things sometimes help businesses with good reputation and goodwill but thik hai they dont care about it.

So I opened up the mobo I got yesterday and this is what I got :/

Resizer_16498393523473.jpeg

Resizer_16498393520281.jpeg

photo_2022-04-13 14.27.12.jpeg

photo_2022-04-13 14.27.41.jpeg

Thing looks pretty beat up!

But even now doing so it will be seen as foul play from the customer and the business will then frame other refund policies etc. where op wont receive 100% compensation and he business will keep an watch on him defaming them on social media further for refund etc after no delivery and might even act against him as then they will have all the evidences..
That is why I mentioned earlier sir that op shouldn't have sent that mail. The ship for chargeback has sailed now.
If you didnt cancel before it shipped, they are right as per policy. I suggest to talk to them if they will take it back (unopened box) and upgrade to what you want and work it out.
If not, you can always sell it. will take time but the only way i guess

Courier will do couple of attempts right ? Also if it returns, then getting refund and that process could be lengthy.
They do 2-4 attempts depending upon the courier. Process would have been easier too, it just depends upon the company with whom one is dealing with.
I agree with this. But wanna add some points.

First, yes it was my fault for not having done sufficient research. Second, they are within their right to enforce their store policy strictly. And it's quite obvious that no one here is accusing them of cheating or being unethical. They've acted within their rights.

But there are a few things they could have obviously done better:-
  1. First, they could learn to address their customer with more respect. I've literally paid you for a couple of high value items totalling nearly 42k (for mobo and CPU) and I have a lot more items in my list to purchase that I could have potentially purchased from you if not for this incident here. The least you can do is not treat me like I'm out to cheat you. First Mr. Akash Khatri chides me for research lapse like he's my school principal reprimanding me for poor grades. And then Mr. Aditya Rathore, basically starts off with accusing me of being unreasonable and then (in the reddit thread) accuses me of playing the "victim card". Like dude, learn to present yourself in a less aggressive way and stop accusing people you don't even know, of things that you can't even be sure of! I am not even saying that Akash is wrong about it being my fault, but that's not something you say to your customer, especially not like that. And I'm not even saying that they should honor my request and compromise on their policy for the sake of customer retention. Just that a better way to say the same exact thing would have been - "We wish we could do more to satisfy your request. But unfortunately we are unable to make an exception at this time." and leave it at that. You don't have to make me feel like an idiot for my "research lapse". Sure it's my fault, but it doesn't serve you to be the one to point that out like you're my superior or something. Simple diplomacy and tactful wording in communications can help your customer relations, without needing you to compromise on your policies.
  2. Second, when I came to them with the request for a return, I was willing to hear suggestions on how we can make this right. I was open to deductions on the shipping (to and fro) to start with, and even open to a restocking fee. And honestly, even simply refusing the package for refund in the form a store voucher. This way they didn't even have to return my money. They could simply have achieved the following things:-
    1. Helped me not own a product I didn't want to own, thereby leaving me a satisfied customer
    2. Get their item back in the same condition they sent me
    3. Not have to refund my money
    4. Have me buy their other products.

Boom, everybody wins. Honestly, any seller interested in earning a satisfied returning customer and building their reputation and sales would be open to this. But these guys instead chose to take on an adversarial stance rather than exploring options to help out their customer feel satisfied (even if it was the customer's mistake). It takes some maturity and wisdom to get to this. But all I got was a whole lot of defensiveness, aggression and gaslighting. :/
I just noticed that they have deleted their aggressive comments on reddit. I'm honestly happy for them that at least now they realized that publicly gaslighting their customers for an honest mistake was a dumb move.

Yeah basically he was accusing me of buying an item from him that he had priced aggressively. I never had an issue with their pricing of items. I don't even know how I'm at fault for buying an item that they offered at an aggressive price. Maybe you're at fault for buying from them? I don't even know.

Also, the motherboard they sent me wasn't even packed in an outer box. They just bubble wrapped it and sent the OEM box. And when I opened the bubble wrap this is what I saw.
View attachment 131533

The seal is intact, but it looks like it was dropped on the corner due to mishandling. Probably before the packaging itself, because the bubble wrap was multi-layered and I don't believe this happened during transit. Which makes me wonder if this is why they had priced it at 17k whereas elsewhere it was coming to 17.3k or so.

Honestly I'm a bit scared to open this and find out that it doesn't work. I don't wanna deal with these guys anymore :(
Did you take the screenshots of their aggressive replies on reddit?

View attachment 131548

View attachment 131549

View attachment 131550
View attachment 131551

Please upload the unboxing video here and send the same to them also.

Last edited:
Looks like te IO plate is bent so definitely it took a hit during transport.
Send pics/video it to them and see the response.
Functionally, it should be working but i see the 4 usb ports IO and slot are not aligned or is it the camera angle.

I have bought a lot of things from TLG but didnt face any such issue and they have a lot of good feedback so this is surprising and maybe their packaging and customer service has gone down.

All of this will affect their reputation so I hope they make things right for you.

Looks like te IO plate is bent so definitely it took a hit during transport.
Send pics/video it to them and see the response.
Functionally, it should be working but i see the 4 usb ports IO and slot are not aligned or is it the camera angle.

I have bought a lot of things from TLG but didnt face any such issue and they have a lot of good feedback so this is surprising and maybe their packaging and customer service has gone down.
I'm actually not so sure if it was during their transport or if it was already in this state. The thing was just wrapped in 3 or 4 layers of bubble wrap and plastic shrinkwrap. There was no outer box as such.
All of this will affect their reputation so I hope they make things right for you.
I hope so too!

Did you take the screenshots of their aggressive replies on reddit?
Nope :/
Please upload the unboxing video here and send the same to them also.
It's uploading. It's a 1GB file. Gonna take some time. I will initiate contact via email once it's done uploading.

I hope you recorded the unwrapping of bubble wraps too

I'm actually not so sure if it was during their transport or if it was already in this state. The thing was just wrapped in 3 or 4 layers of bubble wrap and plastic shrinkwrap. There was no outer box as such.
I received many items including GPUs with just the product box and bubble wraps and received it in great condition. Just raise a replacement request before it's late with video proof as required and see how it goes.

@Digigear Looking at the mobo it looks like a customer returned one as even the final plastic wrap cover looks tored at the corner. And obviously so many damages- bent/torn things could not happen during shipping esp. when its was wrapped with 3 layers of bubble paper.

I recently bought a premium mobo from one forum member in Jan this year. Mobo was packed in the default factory plastic cover and nothing extra. But from outside, it was packed properly in bubble wrap in a dual layer yet the mobo received was as brand new as it could be. No box corner damages and not even a single cut on outer bubble wrap layer or anything.

This is only one mobo example, have shopped here for proccy, hdds, hell even bought a pretty delicate touch laptop here last year and literally no sign of any tampering or such damages. Also, all these items were shipped across various courier services and received in 10/10 condition.

While I'm an avid diecast collector and shopped for few cars just few weeks back, I from a specific seller received few cars in their torn and broken boxes/cartoon, and I raised concerns with the seller and promptly got full refund + got to keep the items too. However, the outside boxes etc were all packed A1 !

Last edited:
That's none of your concern, it's their responsibility item reaches you intact.

So here is some snippets from shipping Policy of TLG Gaming:

TLG GAMING INDIA LLP (tlggaming.com) IS NOT LIABLE TO BEAR ANY LOSS OCCURS IN FOLLOWING CASES (But Not Limited To It)
  • Failed Delivery From Logistics Services.
  • Stolen or Lost Package(s) By Courier Services.
  • Burned/Water Damaged/Mistreated Parcel Either By Courier Service Or By Client.
  • Our Responsibility For Delivery Ends At Assigning And Providing Parcel To logistics And Getting Tracking Id.

Now, OP and other members are aware of shop's "Policy". So shop's responsibility ends after getting tracking id.
Sab buyer ki galti hai, we have clarified everything in advance.

They should definitely take the responsibility here and provide you with free replacement or if the item is still working . Pay you decent compensation for damage.

Would be nice if you update us on this.

Now, OP and other members are aware of shop's "Policy". So shop's responsibility ends after getting tracking id.
This is BAD. Every business has insurance policies against damage especially with courier partners. If they are not getting such insurances then that's probably why they have it in policy. In that case no one should do business with them online.

On the other hand their policies are drafted such as to completely protect themselves and make the customer bear all expenses for everything unpredictable that happens.

I hope that you have kept the unboxing video of the motherboard.

This is a clear case they just want to hand over the stuff to buyer and then there is nothing more from their side. Kharid kar ke galti kar li...:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back