CPU/Mobo Ordered a 12600K from TLG Gaming on Sunday, but have decided to go with a 12700 instead. But it's looking like they don't wanna cancel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here is some snippets from shipping Policy of TLG Gaming:

Now, OP and other members are aware of shop's "Policy". So shop's responsibility ends after getting tracking id.
Sab buyer ki galti hai, we have clarified everything in advance.

This is BAD. Every business has insurance policies against damage especially with courier partners. If they are not getting such insurances then that's probably why they have it in policy. In that case no one should do business with them online.

On the other hand their policies are drafted such as to completely protect themselves and make the customer bear all expenses for everything unpredictable that happens.
This is India where everyone wants security at the cost of others and this is not gonna change unless entire population is replaced with some other developed country and no such country will ever risk!

This is India where everyone wants security at the cost of others and this is not gonna change unless entire population is replaced with some other developed country and no such country will ever risk!
I dont think this is right thing to say that India is the only country with such poor policies. Consumers almost everywhere( maybe except for Europe) are at receiving end of these big businesses.

I remember Apple use to have very different policy of warranty for China until huge protest made them change it.

USA laws also protect these multinational in big way but atleast there judiciary is much more sincere and does come hard on the companies if found doing wrong.

Reactions: KGF
And been an MSI mobo good luck further esp. with horror cc stories of MSI but hoping MSI plays fair here and does justice..
A little OT but still sharing....

MSI is really bad with customer service. I can agree to that. My old A320 mobo failed just under 3 years from purchase date and Kaizen guys told it's out of warranty as per Mfg date. I told them WTF does Mfg has to do with warranty if I have proper invoice and warranty should start from purchase date and they replied they have to mail MSI and ask if they can accept it and that would take a few days just for the reply and then the RMA process can take a few weeks alone.

I was in immediate need of something so I let it go and bought a new B450.

A little OT but still sharing....

MSI is really bad with customer service. I can agree to that. My old A320 mobo failed just under 3 years from purchase date and Kaizen guys told it's out of warranty as per Mfg date. I told them WTF does Mfg has to do with warranty if I have proper invoice and warranty should start from purchase date and they replied they have to mail MSI and ask if they can accept it and that would take a few days just for the reply and then the RMA process can take a few weeks alone.

I was in immediate need of something so I let it go and bought a new B450.
Actually KAIZEN is the one who creates nuisance for MSI, ZOTAC etc. I have had very bad experience with KAIZEN once. Rude and incompetent guys are usually there on the front desk. If you can convince those guys somehow then you overall RMA / WARRANTY will go though mostly swiftly.

I dont think this is right thing to say that India is the only country with such poor policies. Consumers almost everywhere( maybe except for Europe) are at receiving end of these big businesses.

I remember Apple use to have very different policy of warranty for China until huge protest made them change it.

USA laws also protect these multinational in big way but atleast there judiciary is much more sincere and does come hard on the companies if found doing wrong.
Saying because no matter which international entities operating here, most of them have lost customer-end goodwill due to their bad service eg: msi and few others. There is zero issues with the brand and their products but whats important is how well it is handled by locally appointed customer service thus the brand looses customers and vice-versa.

And speaking of local shops operating online, we already got a great example right here and similar with flipkart and many other online sellers.
So except for handful, most of them dont care after getting money, the end consumer is to run after pillars to get it all right!

For US/UK I have dealt not directly but indirectly via other fellow members both here and outside forum, their policies are not like this. They take utmost care till delivery and value customers and in the event of any uncertainty or xyz, they ask to ship back the item and even pay for the reverse shipping etc.
Take an eg: of AE itself, I myself have exp. twice that a wrong product was sent and when I raised the issue, was provided full refund as well as to keep the product.

I feel except for amazon and few good sites its better to order from abroad, it does costs you time and money but your are assured real service.

Apple, I have worked for apple and I know what BS goes inside it so not in mood on speaking about them. Have highlighted horrendous incidents on many threads not too long ago..

Last edited:
I've literally paid you for a couple of high value items totalling nearly 42k (for mobo and CPU) and I have a lot more items in my list to purchase that I could have potentially purchased from you if not for this incident here.
High value item for us users. That 42k is minuscule for these IT shops. They will not cry if they lose a customer. October last year, I went to Delta in Chennai to purchase Ryzen 5600x. I just asked him why is he pricing it so high compared to other online IT shops and Amazon. He straight up told me I'm free to purchase from there and why he should care about how amazon price the product. Even if we spend lakhs at these shops, its gonna be a one time thing, a fraction of a percent of what they make in a day and they are least bothered about it. They will have their usual clients coming back to them.

These guys are pumping the life out of me. Shopping at TLG Gaming has been the worst thing I have done all of 2022. FML.
Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 7.05.20 PM.png

Honestly, I regret not making a video of removing the package from the bubble wrap as well. If only I had known about how ridiculously predatory these guys are, I would have had the unpackaging covered from several angles lol

For anyone who cares to know the truth, the bubble wrap package was quite solid. It looked pristine. I didn't think too much about it. I've never done one of these unboxing videos. I genuinely didn't think this would matter so much. I just quickly unpacked it to view if everything was legit. That's when I noticed the dent on the corner and I talked to the guy. And he asked me to make the unboxing video.
Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 7.14.38 PM.png

Here's what I think happened - these guys had a bad unit lying around and they priced it "aggressively" (basically Rs.300 less than the next lowest pricing in the online market) and I fell for it.

They lectured me on how much they care about following rules and how strict they are. The right thing to do here would have been to accept the unit for a return and offer full refund according to their own policies:-
WhatsApp Image 2022-04-13 at 7.02.11 PM.jpeg

But I suppose the rules are strict only when it serves them.

This really isn't a manufacturing defect or DOA issue, which is when it would be appropriate to involve the manufacturer. The issue was a badly tossed around unit that they had in their warehouse. I guess I can't make that case to their face without having made that bubblewrap undoing video. FML.

Honestly, I regret not making a video of removing the package from the bubble wrap as well. If only I had known about how ridiculously predatory these guys are, I would have had the unpackaging covered from several angles lol

For anyone who cares to know the truth, the bubble wrap package was quite solid. It looked pristine. I didn't think too much about it. I've never done one of these unboxing videos. I genuinely didn't think this would matter so much. I just quickly unpacked it to view if everything was legit. That's when I noticed the dent on the corner and I talked to the guy. And he asked me to make the unboxing video.
View attachment 131562

Here's what I think happened - these guys had a bad unit lying around and they priced it "aggressively" (basically Rs.300 less than the next lowest pricing in the online market) and I fell for it.

They lectured me on how much they care about following rules and how strict they are. The right thing to do here would have been to accept the unit for a return and offer full refund according to their own policies:-
View attachment 131563
But I suppose the rules are strict only when it serves them.

This really isn't a manufacturing defect or DOA issue, which is when it would be appropriate to involve the manufacturer. The issue was a badly tossed around unit that they had in their warehouse. I guess I can't make that case to their face without having made that bubblewrap undoing video. FML.
Bro I have a pretty bad feeling about this, will you be shipping back the product or will they start a reverse pickup? In either of the cases I think that the product will be either totally damaged or will be different when it reaches them. Hope you get my point.
Someone please tag the employees/management of their company here so that op can be helped out soon.

If a retailer asks for detailed video of unboxing, they should also be ready to share the video of them packing the actual product.
Big sellers/websites do keep it with themselves in case of a dispute.
OP should have made the video with the bubblewrap itself. Another point which might go against him is that now he will have to prove that he bought this particular item from tlg.

Big sellers/websites do keep it with themselves in case of a dispute.
OP should have made the video with the bubblewrap itself. Another point which might go against him is that now he will have to prove that he bought this particular item from tlg.
The invoice has the serial number and the same number is on the box. Thank goodness.

So here is some snippets from shipping Policy of TLG Gaming:

TLG GAMING INDIA LLP (tlggaming.com) IS NOT LIABLE TO BEAR ANY LOSS OCCURS IN FOLLOWING CASES (But Not Limited To It)
  • Failed Delivery From Logistics Services.
  • Stolen or Lost Package(s) By Courier Services.
  • Burned/Water Damaged/Mistreated Parcel Either By Courier Service Or By Client.
  • Our Responsibility For Delivery Ends At Assigning And Providing Parcel To logistics And Getting Tracking Id.
This is worrying. Im not sure if this is same across other sites like TLG.
Despite being a good site and service I believe, when an issue occurs, they should show better customer service. This will have a better impact on overall future business, from here or other sites/social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back