CPU/Mobo Ordered a 12600K from TLG Gaming on Sunday, but have decided to go with a 12700 instead. But it's looking like they don't wanna cancel :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to know that they responded in positive way and resolving this for you.
Just pack it very nicely now so that it reaches them safely.
Normally I would want to know if they're supposed to reimburse me for the return shipping. Just reviewed their policy and it states that they do so for when they send out wrong items.

1649902197369.png

But after all this drama, I don't even care. I'm just happy I don't have to wait indefinitely to have this resolved.

Normally I would want to know if they're supposed to reimburse me for the return shipping. Just reviewed their policy and it states that they do so for when they send out wrong items.

But after all this drama, I don't even care. I'm just happy I don't have to wait indefinitely to have this resolved.
yes.
just get over this quickly and focus on getting the pc ready for your need.

yes.
just get over this quickly and focus on getting the pc ready for your need.
The nice thing about this accident is that now I can maybe buy a Z690 mobo and make the best out of the 12600k that I'm destined to own (as it seems to be right now). Maybe I can upgrade to a Z690 Tomahawk (for an additional ~8k) and get some nice features like the improved ALC 4080, extra M.2 slots (which I could really use), the OC capabilities and other features that can come in handy even if I were to upgrade to a more capable next gen CPU from intel in the next couple of years.

But I also want to wait till I find out about the CPU, if it's going to be ok on unboxing. If it isn't, then I might just go for the 12700 and still get the Z690 Tomahawk for the added features listed above. Or....maybe I should go for the B660 + 12700 in that case and upgrade the mobo when I eventually upgrade the CPU as well, since there are going to be upgraded and much better value z690s coming in the next couple of years.

Anyway too soon to speak, I might get the CPU delivered either today or tomorrow. You better believe I'm recording the unboxing video starting right from the handoff from the hands of the courier guy lmao.

Last edited:
The nice thing about this accident is that now I can maybe buy a Z690 mobo and make the best out of the 12600k that I'm destined to own (as it seems to be right now). Maybe I can upgrade to a Z690 Tomahawk (for an additional ~8k) and get some nice features like the improved ALC 4080, extra M.2 slots (which I could really use), the OC capabilities and other features that can come in handy even if I were to upgrade to a more capable next gen CPU from intel in the next couple of years.

But I also want to wait till I find out about the CPU, if it's going to be ok on unboxing. If it isn't, then I might just go for the 12700 and still get the Z690 Tomahawk for the added features listed above. Or....maybe I should go for the B660 + 12700 in that case and upgrade the mobo when I eventually upgrade the CPU as well, since there are going to be upgraded and much better value z690s coming in the next couple of years.

Anyway too soon to speak, I might get the CPU delivered either today or tomorrow. You better believe I'm recording the unboxing video starting right from the handoff from the hands of the courier guy lmao.
You gonna stay with MSI? Glad to know things are getting sorted.

Did you look at any from Asrock or Asus?
Personally I don't have good experience with ASROCK. Especially their mid range boards. Some minor issues always crops up on their Motherboard. Like say a particular USB will stop working. Or maybe hissing sound from audio output etc etc.

Asus / Gigabtye are good. They have lasted the longest without any issues.
Yeah. I have heard the horror stories of their aftersales service. But honestly the intel motherboard lineup has a lot of duds and MSI is the only brand that's offering attractive models.
I have good experience with MSI RMA in Kolkata (for graphics card). Although they take their sweet time to replace the item. But they did the RMA without asking much. They did not even bother asking about the invoice.

Did you look at any from Asrock or Asus?
I've heard nothing but awful stuff about asrock intel 12th gen motherboards. As for Asus, idk if it is just me but their wired external wifi adapters are so offputting that theyte a deal breaker for me. I'm looking at ddr4 wifi motherboards and msi ones look both attractive and also from the reviews that I've seen they also have better features for the right price point over Asus.

My Asus motherboard have lasted years without any issue.

And would definitely advice Asus but having said MSI is good too.

Maybe poor RMA service as per many but atleast their products are top quality.

Got this last night as a response to my email notifying them of the damage with the unboxing video. Phew!
View attachment 131615
you gotta give them some credits, not many provide refunds for damaged products instead offer only replacements. Also they didn't pin this damage on you as some other sellers would since video of unwrapping the bubble wraps is missing.

Next time make complete unboxing videos and check for websites which has transit insurance. Even some of the big online pc parts retailers have the same T&C with regards to transit damage i.e our responsibility ends when it leaves our hands etc etc and the same terms for cancellation after it's shipped, some of them have restocking fees up to 35% of the purchase price while some of them just don't entertain the request.

For urgent builds and peace of mind, nothing beats buying offline, when I bought my first PC the psu wasn't working when it was being assembled in the shop. It was immediately taken back and new PSU was billed on the spot and installed. If I had done the same online, I'd have to raise issue and ship it back and get the new one shipped again which would take easily a week or more depending on the seller.

For urgent builds and peace of mind, nothing beats buying offline, when I bought my first PC the psu wasn't working when it was being assembled in the shop. It was immediately taken back and new PSU was billed on the spot and installed. If I had done the same online, I'd have to raise issue and ship it back and get the new one shipped again which would take easily a week or more depending on the seller.
Couldn't agree more. It even helps if you buy most/all of the stuff from a single retailer. I bought a complete build back in 2017 and my RAM was kinda faulty, created random BSODs, I provided them proof of errors with memtest86 because random BSODs are hard to re-produce and they took it back and gave me a new sealed piece. I was even allowed to do a memtest86 on the new RAM then and there to check the new stick.
This was at Cost to Cost, Delhi. I've bought like 10+ builds from them easily over the past 2 decades for myself, friends and family.

Very true. My earlier build was hybrid with parts from offline and online. It was around April 14th 2012, with only the motherboard to arrive from Primeabgb before long weekend started. Had to push prime and the courier guys to deliver it by 13th. This time I just went to Ritchie street and got all the necessary parts offline just to save the hassle of shipping and related issues.

Very true. My earlier build was hybrid with parts from offline and online. It was around April 14th 2012, with only the motherboard to arrive from Primeabgb before long weekend started. Had to push prime and the courier guys to deliver it by 13th. This time I just went to Ritchie street and got all the necessary parts offline just to save the hassle of shipping and related issues.
Which shop at Ritchie Street would you recommend for fair pricing?

I'd much rather get the Z690 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4 offline so that I can start building as soon as the CPU arrives.

Last edited:

I'd much rather get the Z690 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4 offline so that I can start building as soon as the CPU arrives
I’ve had a pretty good experience with Delta (bought only once and was fairly cheaper than Oasis as well) but it was in 2020. Oasis is also pretty good, from what I’ve heard.

I'd much rather get the Z690 Tomahawk Wifi DDR4 offline so that I can start building as soon as the CPU arrives.
Delta is good, I have been buying from RC Automation - Ashokji, they have been fantastic as well. Same complex as Super Computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back